Bloomingdale's

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Bloomingdale's

Interview Details – I was first contacted by email and had to take set of tests which included critical thinking,retail math anc probelm solving questions. Few days later, I was contacted by HR and called in for a interview.

Interview Question – What would your former employers say about you?   Answer Question

Merchant Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – After I've applied online (online application included several tests- retail math, personality, logical, etc') I was interviewed by hr.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation in your previous job where you've made a mistake and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Merchant Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – Two sets of interviews. Have to be very up to date one excel. Once you make it past HR you have to take an excel test and interview with buyers.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Bloomingdales, and what can you offer?   Answer Question

Merchant Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – Meet with HR Recruiter first then after with Merchant Assistant manager

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in retail?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interviews were 3 1:1 interviews plus an excel test which if you know excel you'll be fine. Didn't feel very welcomed.

Interview Question – Do you have any experience in the job qualities?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in January 2012.

Interview Details – I got an email saying that they wanted me to come in for an interview at their Human Resources department in NYC. I had to log on to the account made when you apply and pick from a list of set times on a certain date. You can not pick another date. Times are also first-come first-serve.

When you go, you sit in a waiting room with little rooms and offices all around specifically for interviews. You wait with about ten other people waiting to be interviewed. Interview questions were ALL behavioral. "Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with an employee and how you dealt with it." "Tell me about your most demanding manager and how you dealt with it." Etc etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with an employee and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about your most demanding manager and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in December 2011.

Interview Details – I wanted to transfer within the company. My manager sent my resume and cover letter directly over to the Buying Department so I didn't have to go through HR. I had to take an excel test (which was not too challenging, but not a breeze as you have to learn how to take the test itself).

Interview Questions

• Please describe your comfort level / ability working with large amounts of data.   Answer Question
  • How do you feel about being in front of a computer working alone all day?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was first contacted and asked to take a set of skills tests that were timed. The questions varied but involved retail math, critical thinking, and problem solving scenarios. I was contacted a week later after I completed the tests and was called in for a interview.

My interview was rushed and hurried because the HR person I interviewed with had to be in a meeting that he forgot about. I could tell he wasn't really listening and was rushing me even to the point of cutting me off. The interview was maybe 10 min.

I was notified via email a week later stating that I did not get the position. I was diheartned and felt that it was because the guy I interviewed with wasn't listening or tuned in because he other priorities.

Merchant Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – I met with the HR Director, the MA Director and the actual department, in that order so there were 3 different interviews. If you pass the first, they let you go to the next. It's very competitive and they like very direct and concise responses, so if this is what you want be clear about it. There's also a timed excel skills test that sees if you can use basic functions.

HR will ask for your background/behavioral questions, the MA director will ask more industrial related questions and your department will ask about specific skills.

Interview Question – What was the last Bloomingdale's store you visited? What did/didn't you like about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room to negotiate for this position, it's very straight forward.

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!