Bloomingdale's

2.6

62 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Applied through my University, did 2 1:1 interviews back to back on campus. Got called back to do an onsite in New York, had 3 1:1 interviews, lunch, retail math test, and group project. The people in HR are great and it was all well organized, if you're prepared it's not bad at all. They also have you shadow a person in the buying program. They emphasize that they want to see if you would be a good fit but also to make sure you know what you're getting into. Good experience.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a lot about specific fashion trends, and about Bloomies in the news and what was going on with the company. Do your research.   Answer Question

Holiday Selling Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

Applied online. Took about 2 weeks but I got an email to schedule an interview. First met with a group of 6 people and two managers. Then we were sent back outside and recalled to meet with the two of them individually. If they decided to follow up with you they will let you know right there as I seen most of the group go in and right back out the door. I was sent back out to wait for another manager of the store and then another! Although I was going for a seasonal position she offered me a permanent part time position!

No negotiations. Base plus commission

Holiday Evenings and Weekend Support Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

Firstly, I'm reviewing on the interview in Soho, NYC. I was excited to be interviewed but after all the waste of time they put me through, I am highly disappointed. I came in 20 minutes early for my interview. When my scheduled time came up, there was no one in site to start the interview. So, for over 30 minutes plus my 20 minutes, I sat down in the waiting room with four other people. Eventually, the HR woman told us to go in a room where we will be interviewed. Apparently, this was going to be a group interview now, not a one on one. For ten minutes we waited in the room, until the assistant manager for recovery came to interview us.
    He was very nice and seemed young and relaxed. He asked very brief questions about our past work experience, and what is customer service and made us fill out availability sheets. After all of this, he basically said we didn't get the job. He said how they already hired the amount of people they want for seasonal and if there are let go in a month, then we may have the opportunity to fill the position. Also, if there's other departments that have current openings, we may be contacted for that too within a week.

Such a waste of time. If the position is filled, why still interview us and feed us some false hope about potential opportunities? I have a week to wait now if I can get hired, but I'm not holding my breathe.

Seasonal Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

They basically make it so obvious if your getting the job or not because before you leave the group interview they hold back the people that are ultimately are getting hired

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in October 2014.

I applied online and got a email the next day telling me I was invited for a group interview. I set up my interview for 2 weeks later. I did 2 interviews. First I was interviewed with 3 other girls by the HR manager, then I was interview by the store manager one on one. Both interviews took about and hour and a half. I was hired after my second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What's something new you have done recently and what did you learn about yourself from this experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in August 2014.

I started online with the company's quiz and I got an Interview for 3 days later.
    We started with a group interview with general questions, mostly about good or bad costumer services experiences and talk about weakness and strength.
    next, you get to be interviewed by yourself but with me, she just asked about my school, schedule and if I prefer pt or ft position.
    another interview with the department manager - clothing. this one was a bit harder, she asked a lot of questions about costumer service as well, if I did anything out of my way to help a client, if I have a clientele myself, where do I shop, how is my style, second languages, work experiences, explain my resume, explain my own life projects, if I know this brand or that brand... it was a long interview, but it was more like a chat. She made me very comfortable and was very polite and nice! explained to me about commission and about the company.
    the last interview was with the department supervisor and it was just a 'closing the deal'.

Interview Questions

because I did not feel comfortable on working with the brand that they had the position for. Maybe next time!

Bloomingdales Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

The position: luxury clientele specialist
    The process: two interviews conducted one after the other by a hiring manager and the department manager respectively
    Total Time: the first interview took approximately 20-30 minutes. the second was approximately 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • the position required fluency in a second language. the second interview was conducted in another language.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Competitive pay.

Luxury Linens Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2014.

It's a group panel process. Bunch of people were sitting in a cold room with two HR people. One is responsible for asking related questions and the other one sends out the background check chart. After the group panel, the HR person asked people come to her office one by one according to your information.

Interview Questions
    • Maybe perhaps I didn't have related sales experiences, so it's kind of hard to talk about how to deal with your directors and your coworkers.   Answer Question

It doesn't fit my schedule.

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2014.

I applied the position on the Bloomingdale's website and received an email asking me to choose a day for an group interview. It was a 1:1 interview and last about 20 minutes. The interviewer asked four questions: 1.Tell me about your previous work experience? 2. Why do you want to work at Bloomingdale's? 3. Is there any project that you initiate yourself? 4.How are you deal with difficult customers, co-workers, and managers? If they want to move forward, there are 2 more interviews with HR and general manger.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

The whole interview took about 4 hours, because I talk to two different departments, but it was easy, no hard questions, it doesn't feel like interview, more like a conversation, the people that interviewed me are very nice.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions, all general questions that will be asked at any interview.   Answer Question

Not the department that I am interested at.