Bloomingdale's Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Apr 4, 2015
Updated Apr 4, 2015

2.6

Full Time Sales Professional for Gucci Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on a tuesday recieved an email on friday of that same week asking me to schedule a time for group interview. Two ladies conducted the interview. They were very pleasent but emtionless at the same time.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First they do a group interview and then call you back for individual interviews with a manager from each department. The group interview is very laid back to the extent where some may even consider it unprofessional. Just be very aggresive and outgoing to standout.

Interview Questions

• tell us about yourself?
      if you where an animal what would you be?
      if you did not have to worry about money what would you do?

Answer Question

Sales Professional Interview

Interview

Received a email to schedule an interview about 2 days after application. Scheduled a interview a few days after, it was a group interview. Process was relatively fast and easy. Received an email a few days later that I insedd dos receive the position

Interview Questions

• How will you handle a customer that isn't pleased?   1 Answer

Better offer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through my University, did 2 1:1 interviews back to back on campus. Got called back to do an onsite in New York, had 3 1:1 interviews, lunch, retail math test, and group project. The people in HR are great and it was all well organized, if you're prepared it's not bad at all. They also have you shadow a person in the buying program. They emphasize that they want to see if you would be a good fit but also to make sure you know what you're getting into. Good experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot about specific fashion trends, and about Bloomies in the news and what was going on with the company. Do your research.   Answer Question

Holiday Selling Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Took about 2 weeks but I got an email to schedule an interview. First met with a group of 6 people and two managers. Then we were sent back outside and recalled to meet with the two of them individually. If they decided to follow up with you they will let you know right there as I seen most of the group go in and right back out the door. I was sent back out to wait for another manager of the store and then another! Although I was going for a seasonal position she offered me a permanent part time position!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Base plus commission

Holiday Evenings and Weekend Support Team Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Firstly, I'm reviewing on the interview in Soho, NYC. I was excited to be interviewed but after all the waste of time they put me through, I am highly disappointed. I came in 20 minutes early for my interview. When my scheduled time came up, there was no one in site to start the interview. So, for over 30 minutes plus my 20 minutes, I sat down in the waiting room with four other people. Eventually, the HR woman told us to go in a room where we will be interviewed. Apparently, this was going to be a group interview now, not a one on one. For ten minutes we waited in the room, until the assistant manager for recovery came to interview us.
    He was very nice and seemed young and relaxed. He asked very brief questions about our past work experience, and what is customer service and made us fill out availability sheets. After all of this, he basically said we didn't get the job. He said how they already hired the amount of people they want for seasonal and if there are let go in a month, then we may have the opportunity to fill the position. Also, if there's other departments that have current openings, we may be contacted for that too within a week.

Such a waste of time. If the position is filled, why still interview us and feed us some false hope about potential opportunities? I have a week to wait now if I can get hired, but I'm not holding my breathe.

Seasonal Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

They basically make it so obvious if your getting the job or not because before you leave the group interview they hold back the people that are ultimately are getting hired

Interview Questions

• What's customer service to you?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sale Support Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online and received an email the day after to schedule an interview. The group interview was first, followed by one on one interview. I was called in the following week to meet with manager in the department I would be working in and accepted the offer granted in that interview.

Interview Questions

• Name difficult situation you experienced at your previous job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a email the next day telling me I was invited for a group interview. I set up my interview for 2 weeks later. I did 2 interviews. First I was interviewed with 3 other girls by the HR manager, then I was interview by the store manager one on one. Both interviews took about and hour and a half. I was hired after my second interview.

Interview Questions

• What's something new you have done recently and what did you learn about yourself from this experience?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I started online with the company's quiz and I got an Interview for 3 days later.
    We started with a group interview with general questions, mostly about good or bad costumer services experiences and talk about weakness and strength.
    next, you get to be interviewed by yourself but with me, she just asked about my school, schedule and if I prefer pt or ft position.
    another interview with the department manager - clothing. this one was a bit harder, she asked a lot of questions about costumer service as well, if I did anything out of my way to help a client, if I have a clientele myself, where do I shop, how is my style, second languages, work experiences, explain my resume, explain my own life projects, if I know this brand or that brand... it was a long interview, but it was more like a chat. She made me very comfortable and was very polite and nice! explained to me about commission and about the company.
    the last interview was with the department supervisor and it was just a 'closing the deal'.

Interview Questions

because I did not feel comfortable on working with the brand that they had the position for. Maybe next time!