Bloomingdale's

2.3

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

2 step interview process. First interview was a group interview but only one other person showed up so it was easy to explain and answer questions. Second interview was a one on one with a higher level manager.

Interview Questions
  • if you are stuck on a deserted island what two objects would you want to bring with you   Answer Question
there was none.

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

It was a group interview with 10 candidates applying for the position. Very easy and basic questions. There were 2 hiring managers ,asking questions randomly. They were very nice and polite. One of them was bloomingdales manager and the other was from the agency.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and got a quick response for an interview. I wasn't aware that Bloomies were going to have 3 people interview me that day. One by HR manager, another one by the store manager and last one by department manager. They all seemed pre-occupied with whatever that was going on at the store. Perhaps, not enough people in the management?! Not to mention, besides the HR manager, the other managers were not aware of meeting with me. (HR manager happened to ask them very last moment.) I was interviewed by all of them separately. Questions were the usual retail ones...

After the interview, I got a call less than a week.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you dealt with in retail environment   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in October 2014.

I applied online and got a email the next day telling me I was invited for a group interview. I set up my interview for 2 weeks later. I did 2 interviews. First I was interviewed with 3 other girls by the HR manager, then I was interview by the store manager one on one. Both interviews took about and hour and a half. I was hired after my second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What's something new you have done recently and what did you learn about yourself from this experience?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Two interviews, first one is with the store manager and second one is with the department manager. The managers were very nice and the job availability is negotiable. Interviews were short and fast. I was hired the same day as my second interview.

Interview Questions
    Wasn't negotiable with the pay they have everything for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in October 2014.

Very quick and easy questions , they only offered seasonal positions in kids department, the general manager was very nice and didn't make me feel uncomfortable, offered part time job as soon as we were done talking

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to go beyond consumer expectations   Answer Question

$10 and hour no benefits

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

The interviewing process was very quick - they were very friendly and easy to talk to! They were very helpful and willing to answer all of my questions that I had, and made the experience great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in August 2014.

I started online with the company's quiz and I got an Interview for 3 days later.
    We started with a group interview with general questions, mostly about good or bad costumer services experiences and talk about weakness and strength.
    next, you get to be interviewed by yourself but with me, she just asked about my school, schedule and if I prefer pt or ft position.
    another interview with the department manager - clothing. this one was a bit harder, she asked a lot of questions about costumer service as well, if I did anything out of my way to help a client, if I have a clientele myself, where do I shop, how is my style, second languages, work experiences, explain my resume, explain my own life projects, if I know this brand or that brand... it was a long interview, but it was more like a chat. She made me very comfortable and was very polite and nice! explained to me about commission and about the company.
    the last interview was with the department supervisor and it was just a 'closing the deal'.

Interview Questions

because I did not feel comfortable on working with the brand that they had the position for. Maybe next time!

Sales Associate Interview

Interview with 3 upper management professionals, all at different times. Professional but relaxed setting, dress appropriately. Straightforward and appropriate questions while describing the task and objectives for the position at hand. Salary expectations, employment policies, training, and desired hours discussed.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you best suited for Bloomingdales and what can you do to best forward our business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

The whole interview took about 4 hours, because I talk to two different departments, but it was easy, no hard questions, it doesn't feel like interview, more like a conversation, the people that interviewed me are very nice.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions, all general questions that will be asked at any interview.   Answer Question

Not the department that I am interested at.