Bloomingdale's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015
Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

I applied for the evening/weekend position and was invited for an interview. I met first with the HR Manager and afterwards, I met with the RTW department manager. She looked over my resume, asked a couple of questions about my past experience, and my knowledge of the department and Bloomingdales. I was offered the job on the spot.

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Sales Associate Interview

Be confident, warm and professional. Have absolutely no ego on the interview. They will be impressed. On the group interview answer all the questions first. They will ask about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. So be prepared with a great story.

Interview Questions
    • A time where you went above and beyond for a customer?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in February 2015.

First they do a group interview and then call you back for individual interviews with a manager from each department. The group interview is very laid back to the extent where some may even consider it unprofessional. Just be very aggresive and outgoing to standout.

Interview Questions
    • tell us about yourself?
      if you where an animal what would you be?
      if you did not have to worry about money what would you do?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

2 step interview process. First interview was a group interview but only one other person showed up so it was easy to explain and answer questions. Second interview was a one on one with a higher level manager.

Interview Questions
    • if you are stuck on a deserted island what two objects would you want to bring with you   Answer Question
    there was none.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

It was a group interview with 10 candidates applying for the position. Very easy and basic questions. There were 2 hiring managers ,asking questions randomly. They were very nice and polite. One of them was bloomingdales manager and the other was from the agency.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and got a quick response for an interview. I wasn't aware that Bloomies were going to have 3 people interview me that day. One by HR manager, another one by the store manager and last one by department manager. They all seemed pre-occupied with whatever that was going on at the store. Perhaps, not enough people in the management?! Not to mention, besides the HR manager, the other managers were not aware of meeting with me. (HR manager happened to ask them very last moment.) I was interviewed by all of them separately. Questions were the usual retail ones...

After the interview, I got a call less than a week.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you dealt with in retail environment   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in October 2014.

I applied online and got a email the next day telling me I was invited for a group interview. I set up my interview for 2 weeks later. I did 2 interviews. First I was interviewed with 3 other girls by the HR manager, then I was interview by the store manager one on one. Both interviews took about and hour and a half. I was hired after my second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What's something new you have done recently and what did you learn about yourself from this experience?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Two interviews, first one is with the store manager and second one is with the department manager. The managers were very nice and the job availability is negotiable. Interviews were short and fast. I was hired the same day as my second interview.

Interview Questions
    Wasn't negotiable with the pay they have everything for you.

Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in October 2014.

Very quick and easy questions , they only offered seasonal positions in kids department, the general manager was very nice and didn't make me feel uncomfortable, offered part time job as soon as we were done talking

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to go beyond consumer expectations   Answer Question

$10 and hour no benefits

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

The interviewing process was very quick - they were very friendly and easy to talk to! They were very helpful and willing to answer all of my questions that I had, and made the experience great.