Bloomingdale's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

The first interview was with one of the prospective Managers. It was a great experience. They sent me an e-mail a week after for my second interview. This time I got an overview of what my job entails and what was expected of me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (Irvine, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was group interview, answer the questions one by one. It was easy question about customer service. how distinguish between clients and customer? I think I answered it ok and I declined the offer and I think I am not ready to being sales AS Sa dsa sad rfasd fa sda gfd as fdsf adw da s das

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview but I only met with HR manager and the manager of the department in which i was applying. I prepared questions and answers from the information on their website. The interview was very straightforward and the manager was very kind.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomingdale's?, Talk about jobs, why you want that particular position, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was group interviewed in soho. There're seven candidates and one manager sitting at the meeting table. The manager was nice and the interview processed as a conversational meeting. We have to be proactive to say whatever that comes to mind. Never stay quite and just smile along the process.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

I applied for the evening/weekend position and was invited for an interview. I met first with the HR Manager and afterwards, I met with the RTW department manager. She looked over my resume, asked a couple of questions about my past experience, and my knowledge of the department and Bloomingdales. I was offered the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The process took about a week. I met with one of their HR Reps who asked me a couple of behavioral questions and many future goal questions as well. He didn't make it an interesting interview. Just kept repeating the same answer, told me the pay was $14 an hour and then started turning the interview about himself and not about the company...

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First they do a group interview and then call you back for individual interviews with a manager from each department. The group interview is very laid back to the extent where some may even consider it unprofessional. Just be very aggresive and outgoing to standout.

Interview Questions

• tell us about yourself? if you where an animal what would you be? if you did not have to worry about money what would you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Be confident, warm and professional. Have absolutely no ego on the interview. They will be impressed. On the group interview answer all the questions first. They will ask about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. So be prepared with a great story.

Interview Questions

• A time where you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

After submitting your application online, the hiring manager contacts you for a group interview. There were 3 managers sitting at a table facing the candidates. It was meant to be more conversation based. After this, if selected, you are emailed for another interview with a manager of a specific department/brand.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult experience during your previous employment.   Answer Question

Wouldn't speak about brand I initially applied for. Also did not offer or "have" any other options of the same standard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was short and to the point. I did have some issue with HR, they gave me the wrong interview times and I had to go back twice before I finally got interviewed.

Interview Questions

• why I think I would be good at this position   1 Answer