Bloomingdale's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

I applied for the evening/weekend position and was invited for an interview. I met first with the HR Manager and afterwards, I met with the RTW department manager. She looked over my resume, asked a couple of questions about my past experience, and my knowledge of the department and Bloomingdales. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First they do a group interview and then call you back for individual interviews with a manager from each department. The group interview is very laid back to the extent where some may even consider it unprofessional. Just be very aggresive and outgoing to standout.

Interview Questions

• tell us about yourself?
      if you where an animal what would you be?
      if you did not have to worry about money what would you do?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Be confident, warm and professional. Have absolutely no ego on the interview. They will be impressed. On the group interview answer all the questions first. They will ask about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. So be prepared with a great story.

Interview Questions

• A time where you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (Garden City, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

2 step interview process. First interview was a group interview but only one other person showed up so it was easy to explain and answer questions. Second interview was a one on one with a higher level manager.

Interview Questions

• if you are stuck on a deserted island what two objects would you want to bring with you   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was none.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview with 10 candidates applying for the position. Very easy and basic questions. There were 2 hiring managers ,asking questions randomly. They were very nice and polite. One of them was bloomingdales manager and the other was from the agency.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a quick response for an interview. I wasn't aware that Bloomies were going to have 3 people interview me that day. One by HR manager, another one by the store manager and last one by department manager. They all seemed pre-occupied with whatever that was going on at the store. Perhaps, not enough people in the management?! Not to mention, besides the HR manager, the other managers were not aware of meeting with me. (HR manager happened to ask them very last moment.) I was interviewed by all of them separately. Questions were the usual retail ones...

After the interview, I got a call less than a week.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you dealt with in retail environment   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a email the next day telling me I was invited for a group interview. I set up my interview for 2 weeks later. I did 2 interviews. First I was interviewed with 3 other girls by the HR manager, then I was interview by the store manager one on one. Both interviews took about and hour and a half. I was hired after my second interview.

Interview Questions

• What's something new you have done recently and what did you learn about yourself from this experience?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

Two interviews, first one is with the store manager and second one is with the department manager. The managers were very nice and the job availability is negotiable. Interviews were short and fast. I was hired the same day as my second interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't negotiable with the pay they have everything for you.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Hackensack, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Very quick and easy questions , they only offered seasonal positions in kids department, the general manager was very nice and didn't make me feel uncomfortable, offered part time job as soon as we were done talking

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to go beyond consumer expectations   Answer Question

$10 and hour no benefits

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's (White Plains, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I went on three interviews at Bloomingdale. The first was a one on one, in person with a very nice young lady. I was so excited because the interview went so well. I waited by the phone for three days until I received an email saying I didn't get the position. I was confused, and upset because the interview went so well.
    About a month or two later I was received an email asking me to set up a time and date for a interview for a seasonal position that could turn permit. I couldnt beleive it i was ecstatic!!! It was a group interview with the same young lady, about four other people. Please I stress to you don't be shy. Speak up, speak loud and clear, try to be the first to answer the questions and volunteer to comment as much because you want to be the star in a group. After she spoke to us each one on one in her office. I received a phone call to meet her boss. Her boss went over the rules, pay, scheduled and position I WAS HIRED!!! Four days later I received a phone call saying I would not be able to work for the company because I didn't pass their background check...