Bloomingdale's

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – 6 interviews, starting in local store and then travel to New York. Interviews were behaviorally based and scripted.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very easy

Sales Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – Meet with HR first and then meet with either department manager, general manager or both.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral questions- name a time something went wrong and how you turned it around   Answer Question

Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – The hiring process took a week. I received an email to schedule an interview within 2 days of applying online. When I showed up at the first allotted time, the HR manager (my interviewer) was not present. They rescheduled the interview for next day. There were 4 interviews within two days. Basic and easy going questions. The staff was very friendly.

Interview Question – How would you handle an unpleasant situation with an associate working under you?   Answer Question

Sales Manager

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in December 2010.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview. Initial face to face interview with store manager, second round in-store with floor managers and final round with store VP.

Interview Question – What do you think is most important in successful selling?   Answer Question

Sales Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2010.

Interview Details – I met with the HR Manager for a Sales Manager position. Overall, the culture of the store and the company appear to be very positive and friendly. The hot button seems to be customer letter scores and making sure they meet the company directive of 85% or better. The put a strong emphasis on "clientelling," getting contact data from customers and following up with them on a regular basis, in the hopes they become regular clients.

Interview Question – Describe an experience where you had to coach an employee on buying into a system (meaning, getting them to adhere to company policy)?   Answer Question

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!