Bloomingdale's

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – Individual interview lasted for an hour.The HR is very nice. She asked all the info I included in my resume and introduced one of the employees to talk about their training program to me.
Interview Question: Why Bloomingdale's?You already have a master degree why you choose to be a salesperson? Tell me about you projects you had done in the school? Which brand you want to work for? 3-5 years goal? Is there other company you are looking for?Sales experience? Work authorization?

Interview Question – Work authorization...They don't offer working visa if you may need the sponsorship in the future   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied the position on the Bloomingdale's website and received an email asking me to choose a day for an group interview. It was a 1:1 interview and last about 20 minutes. The interviewer asked four questions: 1.Tell me about your previous work experience? 2. Why do you want to work at Bloomingdale's? 3. Is there any project that you initiate yourself? 4.How are you deal with difficult customers, co-workers, and managers? If they want to move forward, there are 2 more interviews with HR and general manger.

Interview Question – Is there any project that you initiate yourself?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer in the Bloomingdale's Soho location was very pleasant and welcoming. She not only spoke of the position I applied for but also the opportunities for growth within the company, once I was hired she consistantly checked up on me to see if I was happy and encouraged me to get to know the company and its clients more if I wanted to move into the corporate side of the organization.

Interview Question – Asking what was is my weakness is often a difficult question as it is unusual for one to self reflect in a completely honest manner.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bloomingdale's

Interview Details – Had a great interview excepted more than I got then received.

Interview Question – How the commission works and how they calculate how you should make commission they are very smart on how to perceive what you are going to actually make but don't make. How commission works?   View Answer

Sale Professionals Interview

Sale Professionals
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – I applied thought their website and they will ask you to finish a online test assignment. After the assignment, you can chose the time slot for group interview.

Interview Question – Most questions are standard, such as what will you do if there is many customer looking for help, but you are the only person on the floor. Also how can you deal with difficult co-workers, boss and customer.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in September 2013.

Interview Details – I just went through the fist interview in 59st NY, flagship store. And it was a group interview, there are 20 of us, I didn't dress all black, but I dress business skirt and shirt, I want to show the interviewer my taste but not over it. There are two interviewer in the room, they ask about 5 questions, introduction, who do you think of best custtomer service and related experience? why do you want this job? what makes you stand out? how do you dealing with unsatisfied customers? how do you deal with difficult employee?

Interview Question – How do you deal with difficult co-workers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I haven't negotiation the salary yet, but I am about to ,next week

Sales Professional

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – Was referred by a current employee which made the interview process faster, got called in for an interview scheduled for within a week and had 3 separate interviews: with HR, potential manager, and store manager. Interviews took place within 2 week time span and once hired start computer training.

Interview Question – Ask questions such as:
-Why do you want to work here?
-How can we benefit from hiring you?
-What would you in this scenario ___________________-
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Very Easy Interview

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – Applied online for the job, and received and email invite to participate in a 1-on-1 interview with the HR manager. After passing, I had an interview with the selling manager a few days later. The same I was given a job offer.

Interview Question – Biggest Weakness?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through other source - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online on the companies website. I received and email 2 days later to schedule an interview. I went to the interview and waited about 25 minutes to be seen. The HR lady that interviewed was very nice and friendly. She makes you feel comfortable. We went over my past work experience, and she also worked in interview questions in the process. I was asked the basic questions like Why do you want to work for Bloomingdales?, What is outstanding customer service in your opinion, What would is your idea of an ideal manager? In the end, she told me she had no part time positions for the position i was looking for and she would keep my application pending. She gave me her card and told me to contact her.

Interview Question – No out of the ordinary questions   Answer Question

Chevy Chase, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – Had four different interviews, the questions weren't that hard and very typical. Big plus if you have previous retail experience.

Interview Question – Make sure you know about the brands in the department you want to work for.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomingdale's

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomingdale's Sales Professional interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bloomingdale's employees and interview candidates.