Bloomingdale's

Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.6

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

First you have to apply online and it will take you through a questionnaire, I was called in for an interview and received the job the next day after I was interviewed by the group manager.

Interview Questions
  • Was asked about my experience, how i keep up with fashion, what customer service means to me   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Individual interview lasted for an hour.The HR is very nice. She asked all the info I included in my resume and introduced one of the employees to talk about their training program to me.
    Interview Question: Why Bloomingdale's?You already have a master degree why you choose to be a salesperson? Tell me about you projects you had done in the school? Which brand you want to work for? 3-5 years goal? Is there other company you are looking for?Sales experience? Work authorization?

Interview Questions
    • Work authorization...They don't offer working visa if you may need the sponsorship in the future   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2014.

I applied the position on the Bloomingdale's website and received an email asking me to choose a day for an group interview. It was a 1:1 interview and last about 20 minutes. The interviewer asked four questions: 1.Tell me about your previous work experience? 2. Why do you want to work at Bloomingdale's? 3. Is there any project that you initiate yourself? 4.How are you deal with difficult customers, co-workers, and managers? If they want to move forward, there are 2 more interviews with HR and general manger.

Sales Professional Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in May 2014.

Two in-person interviews. Friendly, accommodating, punctual. There were a lot of people being interviewed for the same position, but it was the flagship store in Manhattan so they needed a lot of people. After I interviewed with the first girl, she immediately sent me to the second one. It took me a couple weeks to make it in for the first interview, but I was hired the same day after successfully interviewing with two people.

Sales Professional Interview

Had a great interview excepted more than I got then received.

Interview Questions
    • How the commission works and how they calculate how you should make commission they are very smart on how to perceive what you are going to actually make but don't make. How commission works?   View Answer

Sale Professionals Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

I applied thought their website and they will ask you to finish a online test assignment. After the assignment, you can chose the time slot for group interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are standard, such as what will you do if there is many customer looking for help, but you are the only person on the floor. Also how can you deal with difficult co-workers, boss and customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in September 2013.

I just went through the fist interview in 59st NY, flagship store. And it was a group interview, there are 20 of us, I didn't dress all black, but I dress business skirt and shirt, I want to show the interviewer my taste but not over it. There are two interviewer in the room, they ask about 5 questions, introduction, who do you think of best custtomer service and related experience? why do you want this job? what makes you stand out? how do you dealing with unsatisfied customers? how do you deal with difficult employee?

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with difficult co-workers?   View Answer
    I haven't negotiation the salary yet, but I am about to ,next week

Sales Professional Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Was referred by a current employee which made the interview process faster, got called in for an interview scheduled for within a week and had 3 separate interviews: with HR, potential manager, and store manager. Interviews took place within 2 week time span and once hired start computer training.

Interview Questions
    • Ask questions such as:
      -Why do you want to work here?
      -How can we benefit from hiring you?
      -What would you in this scenario ___________________-
        Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Applied online for the job, and received and email invite to participate in a 1-on-1 interview with the HR manager. After passing, I had an interview with the selling manager a few days later. The same I was given a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in April 2013.

I applied online on the companies website. I received and email 2 days later to schedule an interview. I went to the interview and waited about 25 minutes to be seen. The HR lady that interviewed was very nice and friendly. She makes you feel comfortable. We went over my past work experience, and she also worked in interview questions in the process. I was asked the basic questions like Why do you want to work for Bloomingdales?, What is outstanding customer service in your opinion, What would is your idea of an ideal manager? In the end, she told me she had no part time positions for the position i was looking for and she would keep my application pending. She gave me her card and told me to contact her.