Bloomingdale's Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (Sherman Oaks, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email to schedule a group interview a few days later. Scheduled the group interview for the beginning of the following week. I came in from a very professional standpoint, emphasizing customer service and professional attitude. They seemed to dislike that, and were looking for people with creativity rather than a business attitude. To get the job, discuss how you love art, paintings, and how you learned about yourself through the journey of art. Don't use logic in your responses, use creativity.

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (Garden City, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

This is your typical job interview first you have to apply online. after waiting a few days (5 in my case) you are emailed back to set up your interview. It is a group interview at first then one on one if you impress the interviewers

Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

We had a group interview then an individual interview. So they didn't take you to other hiring managers after the first one, then they probably won't take you. Easy questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (Century City, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I had an interview with bloomingdales with one other girl who goes to my school. We had a "group" interview with three managers and then one on one interviews separately

Interview Questions

• What's a relationship you have been able to make and keep   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up my own interview date and time and did so accordingly.

Interview Questions

• My interview process was very easy and flowed very easily, there were absolutely no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I applied seasonly so I received the seasonal rate which isn't very debatable in my opinion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (Newton, MA).

Interview

4 interviews. Dept manager was more honest than others about pay. But I was lead to believe I would make a lot more money. They make job seem more rosy than what it is.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview. You should be asking most of the questions. Be professional & positive & dress the part. Don't believe everything they tell you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I declined what they offered me, and they came pretty close to giving me what I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (Garden City, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I went in for an interview and the 1st interview went well so then they asked if i wanted to wait and do a second interview in 20 minutes so I waited, and that interview went well too, then they had asked me for a third interview and said that they would call me. They called me maybe 5 days later to do the third interview and that went well and i had gotten offered the job and placed me, and filled out the application and forms so they could do a background check. They told me that they would call me when to start for training. I got the call 3 WEEKS later and they said that there was a mistake made that the position that was offered to me was not there and kept trying to offer me lower positions. I was without a job the whole time. The people were very friendly there, play up customer service skills to impress them.

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (Sherman Oaks, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was not as difficult as i thought, they don't ask very professional questions, they must like you that is the only thing. If you be friendly, good looking and "able to connect" then you have more chances to get hired.

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2009.

Interview

you must interview with the hr manager and several managers to determine what dept you will be in. you will have to do a mock phone interview as well. the process is not to bad just a lot of back and forth

Interview Questions

Negotiation

my first offer was good so i just accepted and you get base plus commision

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in January 2007.

Interview

I was hired as a seasonal employee but moved to a permeant position when one opened up. The process was very casual. The manager of the hiring department simply walked me down to HR, where I filled out paper work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered $15 an hour and negotiated to $16 an hour. Always ask for more.