Bloomingdale's

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Specialist

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email to set up my own interview date and time and did so accordingly.

Interview Question – My interview process was very easy and flowed very easily, there were absolutely no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I applied seasonly so I received the seasonal rate which isn't very debatable in my opinion.

Newton, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details – 4 interviews. Dept manager was more honest than others about pay. But I was lead to believe I would make a lot more money. They make job seem more rosy than what it is.

Interview Question – Typical interview. You should be asking most of the questions. Be professional & positive & dress the part. Don't believe everything they tell you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I declined what they offered me, and they came pretty close to giving me what I wanted.

Sherman Oaks, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in October 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was not as difficult as i thought, they don't ask very professional questions, they must like you that is the only thing. If you be friendly, good looking and "able to connect" then you have more chances to get hired.

Garden City, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in March 2011.

Interview Details – I went in for an interview and the 1st interview went well so then they asked if i wanted to wait and do a second interview in 20 minutes so I waited, and that interview went well too, then they had asked me for a third interview and said that they would call me. They called me maybe 5 days later to do the third interview and that went well and i had gotten offered the job and placed me, and filled out the application and forms so they could do a background check. They told me that they would call me when to start for training. I got the call 3 WEEKS later and they said that there was a mistake made that the position that was offered to me was not there and kept trying to offer me lower positions. I was without a job the whole time. The people were very friendly there, play up customer service skills to impress them.

Interview Question – What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2009.

Interview Details – you must interview with the hr manager and several managers to determine what dept you will be in. you will have to do a mock phone interview as well. the process is not to bad just a lot of back and forth

Interview Question – explain your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – my first offer was good so i just accepted and you get base plus commision

Very Easy Interview

Sales Specialist

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in January 2007.

Interview Details – I was hired as a seasonal employee but moved to a permeant position when one opened up. The process was very casual. The manager of the hiring department simply walked me down to HR, where I filled out paper work.

Interview Question – How would you handle a conflict with a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered $15 an hour and negotiated to $16 an hour. Always ask for more.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomingdale's

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomingdale's Sales Specialist interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bloomingdale's employees and interview candidates.