Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (McLean, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Unfortunately the prescreening information somehow did not get through to the human resources department. I put my salary range being $110,000-130,000. This is a lower range than most of the jobs I am interviewing for but it is retail, so I didn't want to price myself out. I assumed my salary range was within the target for the job when I was solicited to come in for an interview. The more I was talking the person had to stop me from prattling on about the industry, trends in retail growth, etc and say "HOLD ON what in the world. I mean, do you have any idea what this job pays?" I referenced the pre-interview questionaire I filled out prior to obtaining an interview and said, "Well I'm assuming it is within that range." The response was, "um, this job pays $30 MAYBE $40,000. I am so sorry you have wasted your time. I have no idea how that happened." I thought it was very unprofessional. I really liked the people that I interviewed with though. I am not sure if it was just a computer glitch but that is not something that should happen.

Interview Questions

• why retail, and specifically why bloomindales.   1 Answer
  • give me an example of how you have motivated a team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in March 2011.

Interview

There's a lot of pre-screening questions, a timed test, and personality test. Answer the questions honestly and to the best of your ability and you should be fine. 1:1 It's more a behavioral type of interview, and the second part is a coaching exercise which asks you how you would deal with certain employees. Overall, wasn't a bad experience at all.

Interview Questions