Bloomingdale's

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in January 2010.

Interview Details – I responded to a Craigslist ad. Within a week I was contacted by HR and went through a whirlwind of interviews, I think 5 in all. Then I heard nothing. It wasn't until about 6 months after the initial interview that I was offered the job.

Interview Question – What qualifications do you think you lack or need improving?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They actually offered more than I was expecting.

Wayne, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in July 2013.

Interview Details – I initially applied for a part-time Product Merchandiser position directly through the company site. I received an email within a couple days to set up an interview at the store. I met with the interviewer who worked in HR and she asked me some basic questions about my interest. I actually expressed a stronger interest in visual styling and was delighted that she put me in touch with the hiring manager that same day for an interview. The manager was looking to hire a full-time stylist. The visual manager was really nice and only asked me about three questions. The whole time seemed more like a conversation than an interview. I actually was willing to commute quite a distance as there were no similar opportunities close by. The interviewer seemed rather concerned about the distance as it took me about two hours in public transportation. As I was leaving the interviewer offered me a tour of the floor and showed me what I would be doing. She spent some time with me and asked me to forward my references. I left the interview excited about the possibility. After forwarding my references I was told that she would still be interviewing more people. I followed about a week and half later to learn the status of my candidacy.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you were working on a group project and one person was not contributing their fair share.   Answer Question

Chevy Chase, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was great at the start until she started to say that everything i was saying wasn't on my resume when it was clear as day.

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!