Bloomingdale's Visual Stylist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chevy Chase, MD).

Interview

The interview went very well. HR Manager was very pleasant and asked me about myself. Was kind of confusing because they have a merchandiser and a visual stylist. Though I have both visual and merchandising experience I believe that she took me more qualified for the other position. I told her my passion was in visual styling because I get to work with mannequins and create which is what I love to do.

Interview Questions

• What would your former co-workers say about you?   1 Answer
  • Where do you see yourself in 2 years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First applied online, followed by a group interview with people applying for all sorts of positions. It was all very trivial/superficial. A visual job requires a set of skills that's entirely different from a sales role. At no point did they ask anything relevant about the actual job itself and what I can bring the table. Meanwhile, I was ready to go with my portfolio and point of view on visuals, etc. If hiring is based on trivial questions like "what would I bring with me to a deserted island", then no wonder turnover is high. Never heard back from Bloomingdale's, not even to say that they passed.

Interview Questions

• How would you address a customer if you're in the middle of dealing with another customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Wayne, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

I initially applied for a part-time Product Merchandiser position directly through the company site. I received an email within a couple days to set up an interview at the store. I met with the interviewer who worked in HR and she asked me some basic questions about my interest. I actually expressed a stronger interest in visual styling and was delighted that she put me in touch with the hiring manager that same day for an interview. The manager was looking to hire a full-time stylist. The visual manager was really nice and only asked me about three questions. The whole time seemed more like a conversation than an interview. I actually was willing to commute quite a distance as there were no similar opportunities close by. The interviewer seemed rather concerned about the distance as it took me about two hours in public transportation. As I was leaving the interviewer offered me a tour of the floor and showed me what I would be doing. She spent some time with me and asked me to forward my references. I left the interview excited about the possibility. After forwarding my references I was told that she would still be interviewing more people. I followed about a week and half later to learn the status of my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were working on a group project and one person was not contributing their fair share.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chevy Chase, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was great at the start until she started to say that everything i was saying wasn't on my resume when it was clear as day.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I responded to a Craigslist ad. Within a week I was contacted by HR and went through a whirlwind of interviews, I think 5 in all. Then I heard nothing. It wasn't until about 6 months after the initial interview that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do you think you lack or need improving?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They actually offered more than I was expecting.