Bloomingdale's

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Visual Stylist/Fashion Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in February 2014.

Unprofessional and unethical. After applying online, I received an email to schedule an interview time. There was only one appointment available for this week and was for the following morning, so I chose one of the times next week. As one of my dream companies, I excitedly booked a hotel and planned my 6 1/2 hour drive to the store. As I was prepping for the interview today, I visited the company site to print the job description and discovered that the posting was missing. With an upcoming storm predicted on the day I would be driving to the interview, I decided to call HR to question the situation. As soon as I started to say that I am scheduled to interview next week for this position, the HR associate told me that an offer had already been accepted for that position!!!!! How or why was a position filled with interviews still scheduled?? I was not notified of this and not even offered an apology by the person that I spoke to. Had I not looked for the description again, I would have wasted 2 days driving through a snow storm and paid for gas, tolls, and a hotel room to arrive at at interview for a non-existent job!!!!! I am totally disgusted and can only assume that they thought I could be convinced to take another open position if I came for the interview. I am disgusted by the companies actions.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question is why they filled the position before all of the interviews took place and didn't have the courtesy to cancel the additional interviews.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in July 2012.

Three interviews in person.

Interview Questions
    I was asked to come in for an interview to be a sales associate but I really wanted to be a merchandiser. The job was not posted online but they told me I could be in any of the open departments and easily transferred me to the right people.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2009.

It was quite simple. You go in, fill out an application and then you wait. You get a call back about 3 weeks later, you schedule an interview. They ask you questions like "You see an employee stealing, what do you do?"...pretty basic. The questioning was somewhat long and there were some questions that were asked twice, just in a different form. They talked/asked about my previous work, experience, etc...In general, it was a good experience. I got the job at that first interview. Came back for orientation exactly a week later.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult decision you've ever had to make?   Answer Question
    None