Bloomspot

Bloomspot Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bloomspot.

Entire process took about 2.5 weeks from beginning to end. They used an outsourced hiring company where you have to go through a Skype screening interview with the hiring company. If they like you, they send the video to Bloomspot and schedule 1 face-to-face interview. You meet with about 4 people (Recruiter, 2 Managers, and the VP of Sales). The interview questions are STAR format and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • How you prioritize the following tasks: You come into work on Monday morning and see a voice mail from you client, an email from your team member asking you to help out on a proposal, and a note from your manager to come see them.   View Answer
    they have a set base for either their Account Exec or Sr. Account Exec, you can negotiate depending on experience for the title and appropriate compensation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomspot in October 2011.

I sat with and account exec. and a sales manager. The questions were mba type questions to see how I would approach a problem. Nothing to complicated. The people seem really nice and laid back.

I accepted the job and was notified 1 week before my start date that all of the job offers had been rescinded because the company was "changing directions". I had my doubts that maybe the company was teetering a bit figured I would chance it. Reneging on job offers 1 week before a start dates is completely unacceptable. Most jobs wont take a person back. Overall this dealing was incredibly stressful and up to now A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

I was called in for a FT job and then told that the offer was a contract role...I already have a full time job that pays more than this one (I was trying to make a career change). We settled on full time status but it could have been a huge waste of my time if they stuck to the contract status.

Features Editor/Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomspot in September 2011.

Applied through Readyforce, then did a webcam interview. The Recruiter at Bloomspot (blonde woman in her mid-late twenties, very nice) invited me back to interview with the 2 Hiring Managers for the Sales department. I showed up to my interview, and the office looked really cool, a brick house look, everyone looked super busy on their laptops and I even saw the CEO Jasper walking around. The Recruiter took me to the first Hiring Sales Manager. She asked me about why I wanted this position, I said I love the concept of Bloomspot, think the company would be a great place to work, and I love working and meeting with people. She gave me a strange look and said I would not be meeting with anybody in this position, that this position is all through phone calls and emails. I said yes, but what I meant is that I like working with people and interaction, and having good communications skills, were traits that I thought were beneficial to this Sales-oriented position. The entire tone of this (brief) interview went downhill after that- she acted like I was not worth her time.

This Hiring/Sales Manager, (a youngish, sweet looking Vietnamese or Chinese lady) continued to ask me some vague questions but it was clear she wasn't listening to me- with a fake smile staring down at my resume for 80% of the time and not looking at me-and being short with me and constantly interrupting my answers. It was obvious that I had offended her with my previous answer and she thought I misunderstood the job description. After humoring me for 10 more minutes, she excused herself to "get the other Hiring Manager". After a long 20 minutes, she came back and with a condescending smile, said the other Hiring Manager, was "very busy and he cannot meet you today" (Big surprise that she told him I was unworthy of working at Blomspot) She then, (and this is the real kicker) FOLDED MY RESUME IN HALF, THEN IN THIRDS in front of me, and preceded to practically shoo me out of the building to the back exit and slammed the door. It was SO unprofessional, and I am still SEETHING, months later. I hadn't felt this low since a bully took my lunch money in 3rd grade. How do such rude, mean people make it to the management level?? It's fine though, I would not want to work for such a company that is represented by her rudeness, and it was a contract to hire position and apparently they hire and fire a lot of people in this position anyway.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomspot in September 2011.

I met with all three of my managers. The interview was a great experience. I was excited to work for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time when you were faced with a challenge at the work place and you overcame it. How did you overcome it? What skills did you learn from it and how can you bring these skills to Bloomspot.   Answer Question
    none. I was just given a contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomspot in June 2011.

interviewed through readyforce via webcam first. 1 month later interviewed at the hq in san francisco.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomspot in May 2011.

I was given a series of 4 phone interviews by different people in the organization.

I interviewed with 2 different Directors and 2 different Recruiters.

They asked behavioral based questions and asked about my background.

I did not receive any feedback and I thought this was very unprofessional for a customer service oriented company to not at least thank me for doing 4 different interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How do you ensure candidates you screen are of good quality?   Answer Question

Features Editer (Currently Account Executive) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomspot in October 2010.

Met Dir. of Sales at a Job Fair
    Over the phone pitch with a sales manager
    called in for 3 1:1 interviews
    call back 1 week later-you're hired!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomspot in August 2010.

Interviewed with 4 different people on 3 occasions. Very informal but required lots of research based on phone screening.

Interview Questions
    No financial negotiating was possible, it was a standard package for everyone being hired in that position