Blount International

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Utility Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blount International in June 2010.

After filling out an online application and uploading my resume, I was contacted a week later to schedual a phone interview with HR. After speaking with them, a phone interview was schedualed afew days later. That day came and went, and I was never called to begin the interview. I called them to find out what happened (only could get their voicemail), and I drove to the location. No one at the location knew who I was nor did they know anything about an interview.

I could have given up then, but I kept calling HR over and over and finally she called me back and schedualed (for the second time) another phone interveiw. That interview happened. It was mostly questions regarding my experience in the great world of manufacturing, as well as what I have done in the past for work. She sounded rushed and spoke in monotone. The interview went well. I was told there would be a written test I would have to come in to take (reading, math, personality and mechanical applitude) which I later did also. It went well for the most part. The final interview was at the location with the Production Manager who would be my suporvisor if I got the job.

This final interview was the most difficult I have ever been to. The way I was greeted and talked to made me feel very unwelcome. There were more indepth questions regarding my experience with the different machines I have ran (much like the initial phone interview), in depth questions about my experiences at my last job, as well as questions about my self. Nothing too personal, but they did force me to think. He was a very humorless man, and seemed to have a very cold personality. HR previously told me I would be getting a tour of the plant, and he never gave me the tour. He missed nothing, and asked me to elaborate more on nearly every one of my answers. He wanted to know alot about the machine I ran at my last job, how much product I made each shift, and how much I was expected to make. I believe I answered all his questions well.

Afew days later, I received a post card in the mail saying I would not be offered a position. I already was having a strange feeling that the production manager and I might not have much success together with our suporvisor/employee relationship, and the way HR acted made me wonder if everyone at this plant was forbidden to smile or show emotion.

To someone interviewing in the factory area of Blount Manufacturing in Kansas City, MO I would suggest you come with experience and be prepared to talk about it. The pay here is not super great. Experience is probably everything.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a process you suggested be changed or improved at your last job. How did it work out? Was this just your idea or someone else's? Who brought the idea to managment?   View Answer
  • Describe the top three duties you did at your last manufacturing job.   View Answer
  • Describe a time you were required to meet a quota.   View Answer