Blue Book Network Contractors Register

Updated Aug 3, 2015

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blue Book Network Contractors Register

Anonymous Employee in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Book Network Contractors Register (South Florida, FL).

Interview

3 interviews, lots of questions, role playing in interview, be aggressive and confident. They are looking for bright people that can think on their feet and will stay with the Company for many years, so be sure to point out loyalty as a strong trait. Do your homework on the company before you go...they are over 100 years old for starters. Make sure to look good. Put your Sunday clothes on as they say.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a customer who told you they didn't want to be in The Blue Book anymore?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson Valley, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Blue Book Network Contractors Register (Jefferson Valley, NY).

Interview

I applied for a position internally by submitting a career opportunity form and my resume. It took well over three months to be called for an interview! After the first interview, I had to wait almost two more months for the second interview, during which the position was described quite differently than the job description that was posted on our internal HRIS system. It was really frustrating to wait so long for a response, and then find out it was all for nothing. They ended up not even hiring anyone for the position, and shortly after the entire department was restructured.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I wanted the position, and they explained in detail what the position entailed, what it could become, and what the position used to be previously as it hasn't been filled in several years. The initial description was something I wanted, but turned out to be more copy based than anything. I was also asked to think about if it was the right fit, and what my long-term goals were.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Book Network Contractors Register.

Interview

The process consisted of meeting with the Sales Manager and the Regional Sales Manager followed by a meeting with one of the Sales VP's. It was a standard interview -- they really want you to be enthusiastic about print advertising.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wanted to negotiate on vacation -- but that was not an option

Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Book Network Contractors Register (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

This was a 4 step process. 1. Meet with area manager 2. Pitch area manager and regional manager on product 3. Ride along in the field 4. Job offer You must also take a couple of online tests to assess your fit and personality.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Book Network Contractors Register.

Interview

Roll play, and a few interviews

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blue Book Network Contractors Register.

Interview

Lots of interviews and role playing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

slow and they don't negotiate

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Book Network Contractors Register (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2009.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter who called me a few times and invited me to check out the website and come to a hotel in Cincinnati where I was asked to sell the product to the interviewer(s) and answer thoughtful questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to Sell a landscaping contractor an advertising program. (Please note that this was 1999.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Book Network Contractors Register (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

Very long process unless you have a friend in senior management

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florida (Uruguay)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Book Network Contractors Register (Florida (Uruguay)).

Interview

Three step process. Know your personality type, know other personality types, know how to read people, know what motivated you, know the products.

Interview Questions

• Why should I buy your product from "you"? Know your strengths and be confident. Answer the questions they ask as directly as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They was none.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Book Network Contractors Register in March 2012.

Interview

Initially called by recruiter, followed by a skype interview with sales director. The recruiter was great and helpful and the skype interview was routine. After a month I heard back from a sales manager who wanted to interview me in person. The inperson interview was basically the same as the skype interview. A week later I was asked to come for an inperson interview with the sales director and hiring manager. This was a huge waste of time and the same questions were asked again. When I asked for the time line, the sales director kept repeating the same line "We will take our time, and we are not hiring just anyone." I felt at that point, that this company was not for me.

Interview Questions

The last interview, company seemed to not know what they wanted.