Blue Buffalo

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

1.9

Pet Detective Interview

I received a phone interview, the usual phone interview questions (search google), and then a week later had a in person interview for my second interview. I was given the job that day.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blue Buffalo.

Met interviewer in person at an agreed-upon location where could sit at talk at length. The interview was comfortable and quite easy. We simply talked about our pets. I was hired immediately and went through the hiring process online using the interviewer's laptop. Also took home training materials to be completed at home. Follow-up communication was through email.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Interviewer wanted to get a feel for personality and love for pets.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

No Interview Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Buffalo.

I had no interview. I met the manager at a starbucks to do paperwork. This manager is no longer with the company though

She told me the hourly rate which was fine and was told raises are every year. She left the company though and this new manager doesn't believe in raises.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Blue Buffalo in October 2013.

You apply online and then if they are interested, they will call you. The initial interview process is over the phone. Just show your love for Blue Buffalo and your friendliness. If they like you, they will ask you to meet in person with the other potential candidates. They go over the sales techniques and over the handbook. The if they still like you, you do in- store training. Then you have a job with Blue Buffalo.

Interview Questions
    • There were none. They did ask if you fed Blue Buffalo to your pets though.   Answer Question
    It was very simple. All I did was show my love for the product and after the interview process, I had a part time job with Blue Buffalo.

Sales-account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Buffalo.

Conducted a phone interview, 2 in person interviews and a ride along...

Interview Questions
    • To go through the entire "Blue Buffalo" process and do great and then receive an inpersonal email 2 weeks later with my name spelled incorrectly.....   Answer Question

Regional Demo Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Buffalo.

interview consisted of a 20 minute phone interview, followed by an hour face to face with District Manager followed by 1hour interview with the VP.

Interview Questions
    • Considering this will be your first time training staff members remotely what do you consider to be the challenges and how will you deal with them.   Answer Question

Regional Demo Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Buffalo in June 2013.

I went through multiple interviews and received an email that I made it to the final interview. Without ever having my final interview, I received an email that they hired another candidate. The miscommunication and lack of common courtesy is a bad sign of unprofessionalism on the company's part.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult. They were related to the position and mainly focused on management and coaching style. How do you stay organized? How do you manage multiple employees who are at different locations?   Answer Question

Regional Demonstrations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Buffalo.

It was a 4 interview process. A 30 minute phone screen, 2 hour in person with the Regional Director, a 1 hour interview with the VP of Demonstrations that I had to fly out of town for, and a 4 hour field interview. A lot of situational questions were asked. "Describe a time when you had to coach an employee", etc.

Selling Dog and Cat Food In Pet Stores Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Blue Buffalo in May 2013.

During interview the person was very, very nice and sounded like she really appreciated my skills. However, after going to work for them, she was rude and snippy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Buffalo in July 2012.

How the process went; I Applied online to the "Pet Detective" position, filled out the application and questionnaire. I eventually got a phone call from the corporate office. They asked a few basic questions. Then referred me to the regional manager. I had two phone interviews with them. In total of three phone calls with them.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected; tell me about your sales experience. Do you have any pets? Are you comfortable selling or going up to people and introducing a product line? How do you handle rejection? What do you know about Blue Buffalo products?   Answer Question