Blue Buffalo Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Buffalo (Fayetteville, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I met the demo manager at the Panera Bread that is around the corner from me. We talked about the job description, pets, transportation and the places that I will be placed at. Since we only have 2 Pet Smarts in my town, which one is around the corner from me, I thought the job sounded perfect. I got a job offer letter telling me my pay a week later and a week after that I started signing W4 paperwork. I still got to do I9 paperwork then I should be on my way soon hopefully.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Ask all the questions that you can. The background check is ridiculous since I had to send a copy of my HS diploma since my school is shut down.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Buffalo (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I met with the regional manager at a Dunkin Donuts. She was very sweet, and asked basic interview questions. Prior retail, or sales experienchy do you want to work for Blue Buffalo?e is not needed nor preferred. You must have a passion for cats and dogs. You must own a cat or dog, or live with someone that does.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Buffalo (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was referred by a friend and met two people at a coffee shop and conducted an interview that was pleasurable. Talked about my past sales experience and How comfortable I was with strangers. It was very casual and they offered to buy me a drink while we conducted the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable approaching people that you've never met in a retail environment question   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase.

Pet Detective Interview

Interview

I received a phone interview, the usual phone interview questions (search google), and then a week later had a in person interview for my second interview. I was given the job that day.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Blue Buffalo.

Interview

Met interviewer in person at an agreed-upon location where could sit at talk at length. The interview was comfortable and quite easy. We simply talked about our pets. I was hired immediately and went through the hiring process online using the interviewer's laptop. Also took home training materials to be completed at home. Follow-up communication was through email.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Interviewer wanted to get a feel for personality and love for pets.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Pet Detective Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Buffalo.

Interview

Found the position on Craig's list. District manager replied in a timely fashion, was professional, friendly and outgoing. Interview was set up through skype rather than face-to-face, otherwise was typical interview format with questions you'd find in any interview prep book. I found using skype an innovative use of technology that made the interview more comfortable being in my own home and a much better use of time not having to travel to interview for a job I may or may not have gotten. Score one for time efficiency! It also allowed the DM to see me in a natural setting with my pets as they were vying for webcam time during the interview. Being a pet parent is a huge benefit to performing well in this position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 (10) years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was really no negotiating. Pay, hours and expectations were outlined pretty thoroughly in the interview.

No Interview Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Buffalo.

Interview

I had no interview. I met the manager at a starbucks to do paperwork. This manager is no longer with the company though

Negotiation

She told me the hourly rate which was fine and was told raises are every year. She left the company though and this new manager doesn't believe in raises.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Blue Buffalo (Palm Beach, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

You apply online and then if they are interested, they will call you. The initial interview process is over the phone. Just show your love for Blue Buffalo and your friendliness. If they like you, they will ask you to meet in person with the other potential candidates. They go over the sales techniques and over the handbook. The if they still like you, you do in- store training. Then you have a job with Blue Buffalo.

Interview Questions

• There were none. They did ask if you fed Blue Buffalo to your pets though.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was very simple. All I did was show my love for the product and after the interview process, I had a part time job with Blue Buffalo.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Buffalo.

Interview

Conducted a phone interview, 2 in person interviews and a ride along...

Interview Questions

• To go through the entire "Blue Buffalo" process and do great and then receive an inpersonal email 2 weeks later with my name spelled incorrectly.....   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Buffalo.

Interview

interview consisted of a 20 minute phone interview, followed by an hour face to face with District Manager followed by 1hour interview with the VP.

Interview Questions

• Considering this will be your first time training staff members remotely what do you consider to be the challenges and how will you deal with them.   Answer Question