Blue Buffalo Pet Detective Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Buffalo (Fayetteville, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I met the demo manager at the Panera Bread that is around the corner from me. We talked about the job description, pets, transportation and the places that I will be placed at. Since we only have 2 Pet Smarts in my town, which one is around the corner from me, I thought the job sounded perfect. I got a job offer letter telling me my pay a week later and a week after that I started signing W4 paperwork. I still got to do I9 paperwork then I should be on my way soon hopefully.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Ask all the questions that you can. The background check is ridiculous since I had to send a copy of my HS diploma since my school is shut down.

Other Interview Reviews for Blue Buffalo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Buffalo (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I met with the regional manager at a Dunkin Donuts. She was very sweet, and asked basic interview questions. Prior retail, or sales experienchy do you want to work for Blue Buffalo?e is not needed nor preferred. You must have a passion for cats and dogs. You must own a cat or dog, or live with someone that does.

Pet Detective Interview

Interview

I received a phone interview, the usual phone interview questions (search google), and then a week later had a in person interview for my second interview. I was given the job that day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Blue Buffalo (Palm Beach, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

You apply online and then if they are interested, they will call you. The initial interview process is over the phone. Just show your love for Blue Buffalo and your friendliness. If they like you, they will ask you to meet in person with the other potential candidates. They go over the sales techniques and over the handbook. The if they still like you, you do in- store training. Then you have a job with Blue Buffalo.

Interview Questions

• There were none. They did ask if you fed Blue Buffalo to your pets though.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was very simple. All I did was show my love for the product and after the interview process, I had a part time job with Blue Buffalo.

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Buffalo (Duluth, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

How the process went; I Applied online to the "Pet Detective" position, filled out the application and questionnaire. I eventually got a phone call from the corporate office. They asked a few basic questions. Then referred me to the regional manager. I had two phone interviews with them. In total of three phone calls with them.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected; tell me about your sales experience. Do you have any pets? Are you comfortable selling or going up to people and introducing a product line? How do you handle rejection? What do you know about Blue Buffalo products?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blue Buffalo (Visalia, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview and then a follow up face to face interview

Interview Questions

• What do I like to do in my down time.   1 Answer
    • What are my hobbies and interests?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation required

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Blue Buffalo (Omaha, NE) in September 2011.

Interview

After applying online, I received a phone call and was asked a couple questions about my experience with animals and also to tell about my favorite pet story.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given a sheet of paper with an offer. I didn't ask to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Blue Buffalo (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2010.

Interview

6 years ago, the interview process was professional and relaxed. Met at a local restaurant with seeral other applicants. Was hired on the spot and taken direct to Petsmart for training.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know what pets I had and how they would contribute to my performance at Blue Buffalo.   1 Answer

Pet Detective Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blue Buffalo in July 2011.

Interview

I found the job opening online at one of the big job listing websites. I applied on that website. i then went to the company's website and clicked on the hiring tab at the very top of the website. I filled out a very simple contact info form on Blue's website. I didn't hear anything the next day so I went to the Petsmart and tried to make contact with the hiring manager that way. That was a bust. Ultimately a call to the company directly was the key to getting a interview set up quickly.
    I had a short phone interview. Very easy questions like, Tell me about your pets, Tell me about the last time you talked to a stranger. Then I had a in person interview a couple days later. Shortly after we met again for training. From the first phone interview to starting work was about four days!

Interview Questions

• Tell us the last time you started up a conversation with someone you didn't know. What did you say?   1 Answer