Blue Canopy

www.bluecanopy.com

Blue Canopy Interview Questions

3.4

Technology Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Blue Canopy.

HR doesn't always provide accurate details. Many people end up feeling swindled. Get promises in writing and understand when you can use certain benefits (floating holidays, training budget, etc.).

Interview consists of a talk with a recruiter, a technical phone screen, then an in-person interview with 2 or 3 employees (at the same time). Each team has their own style of interviewing. If you are not a good fit for one team, they may pass you onto a team they think would be a better match.

There are no standard interview questions, so the interviews are mostly winged. Many times HR will not send your resume to the team until the day of, so interviewers don't usually have time to review your history.

Questions cover your background to see if you just click buttons, or if you know what's technically happening.

Tips:
    If you don't know something,admit it. After an interview its common to hear 'He didn't know that much, but he was honest and enthusiastic. We can always train him"
    Try to show your enthusiasm for the subject.
    If you don't know the correct answer or give a guess, ask for the correct answer. It shows you care. If you get another interview somewhere else, you'll know the answer.
    Dress to impress.

Interview Questions
    • Standard technical questions for my industry.
      Know definitions, common problems, how to check for those problems, and solutions to fix the problems.
      Know common programs and tools. If its on your resume, its fair game.
      Have a list of sources where you get your technical knowledge.

Answer Question
    HR is stubborn when it comes to salary negotiation. Just be firm and know your worth.

Computer Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 11+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Canopy.

I was contacted by FBI hiring coordinator. Had to fill out an SF86 form which is very detailed, lengthy, and time-consuming. Investigation took almost a year.

Interview Questions
    • I was constantly asked about a reprimand that I did not have. When denied, I looked up my military records and discovered that I did indeed have a reprimand that I did not have any knowledge of. It was too late to dispute this.   Answer Question

TAC Systems Specialist Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blue Canopy in October 2012.

I had two interviews other then the recruiter I was asked question about the skills on my resume and how to handle ideal issue on the job and what i focus on to complete a task

Interview Questions
    • The name of the book I read last I could only remember the author's name.   Answer Question
    It was cut and dry a reported what I would except

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Canopy in December 2011.

The interview was for a technical computer-security related position and was a very good experience for me.

The interviewers began by asking me about my experience, of which I had some. They were amicable and gradually began prodding me about more information on a subject I thought I knew a fair amount on. They asked for more information about a section of what I had just explained, then more, and continued until I exhausted my knowledge on the subject. I stated that I knew no more and they moved onto the next subject.

This continued for roughly four more technical aspects of computer security, two of which I had brought up in my "about me" stories and two of which they posed themselves. Each time, when I reached my limit in knowledge, they explained the answer to their last question and corrected me politely if I got a technical detail wrong. I invited them to correct me, because I wanted to learn as well and not only walked away with a page of notes, but also received an offer only a few days later.

The interviewers were a manager and two technical leads, and this is typical of in-person interviews with the company.

Phone interviews occur as well and they consist of basic technical questions to gauge if they want to bring you in for an in-person. I did not go through this, but did speak with an employee at a conference, effectively clearing me for my in-person interview.

Basically, you MUST be technically sound to pass the interview process for a very technical position. They hire good people.

Interview Questions
    • explain in depth several of the OWASP top 10 and give examples you have encountered.   Answer Question
    • Explain the value of symmetric cryptography in password storage.   Answer Question
    I had very little experience, but was able to negotiate some. Other negotiations that other employees have gotten include increased leave (it is typically accrued starting with a balance of 0), moving expense reimbursement, or increased training budgeting.

The recruiter I dealt with was VERY good and almost had me signing my contract before I even tried to negotiate.

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Blue Canopy in January 2009.

I was asked about my previous jobs and how I would be a fit