Blue Canopy

Relevance Date Difficulty

TAC Systems Specialist Lead Interview

TAC Systems Specialist Lead
Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Blue Canopy in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had two interviews other then the recruiter I was asked question about the skills on my resume and how to handle ideal issue on the job and what i focus on to complete a task

Interview Question – The name of the book I read last I could only remember the author's name.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was cut and dry a reported what I would except

Junior Analyst Interview

Junior Analyst
Reston, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blue Canopy in December 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was for a technical computer-security related position and was a very good experience for me.

The interviewers began by asking me about my experience, of which I had some. They were amicable and gradually began prodding me about more information on a subject I thought I knew a fair amount on. They asked for more information about a section of what I had just explained, then more, and continued until I exhausted my knowledge on the subject. I stated that I knew no more and they moved onto the next subject.

This continued for roughly four more technical aspects of computer security, two of which I had brought up in my "about me" stories and two of which they posed themselves. Each time, when I reached my limit in knowledge, they explained the answer to their last question and corrected me politely if I got a technical detail wrong. I invited them to correct me, because I wanted to learn as well and not only walked away with a page of notes, but also received an offer only a few days later.

The interviewers were a manager and two technical leads, and this is typical of in-person interviews with the company.

Phone interviews occur as well and they consist of basic technical questions to gauge if they want to bring you in for an in-person. I did not go through this, but did speak with an employee at a conference, effectively clearing me for my in-person interview.

Basically, you MUST be technically sound to pass the interview process for a very technical position. They hire good people.

Interview Questions

• explain in depth several of the OWASP top 10 and give examples you have encountered.   Answer Question
  • Explain the value of symmetric cryptography in password storage.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had very little experience, but was able to negotiate some. Other negotiations that other employees have gotten include increased leave (it is typically accrued starting with a balance of 0), moving expense reimbursement, or increased training budgeting.

The recruiter I dealt with was VERY good and almost had me signing my contract before I even tried to negotiate.

Worked for Blue Canopy? Contribute to the Community!