Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Line Cook Interview

Twinsburg, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern in June 2011.

Interview Details – Walked into the restaurant, spoke to hostess about a job application. I came in starched pressed chef's whites with a copy of my resume. Judging based on my clothes I was asked if I wanted to speak with the Chef when I handed her my application, and was immediately sat down by the sous chef for an interview. Very casual interview about my past and my experiences, with a few questions about future scenarios. Mostly it was about my experience (Culinary Arts degree) and my personality. After that the executive sous chef who runs the restaurant came in as well as the GM (3 manager hiring policy). I walked out about an hour and fifteen minutes from when I arrived, and was told to report for my first day the next week. Starting wage for a prep cook / dishwasher is $9.00. Line cooks make $10.00. When you have worked there for a while and made an impression, just remember you will not be awarded a raise unless you ask. There is a bi-annual employee review process and I encourage you to politely bring the topic of a raise up if you feel you are working more diligently than your peers.

Interview Question – What the last books I read was   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for hourly employees.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern employees and interview candidates.