Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Twinsburg, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twinsburg, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern in June 2011.

Walked into the restaurant, spoke to hostess about a job application. I came in starched pressed chef's whites with a copy of my resume. Judging based on my clothes I was asked if I wanted to speak with the Chef when I handed her my application, and was immediately sat down by the sous chef for an interview. Very casual interview about my past and my experiences, with a few questions about future scenarios. Mostly it was about my experience (Culinary Arts degree) and my personality. After that the executive sous chef who runs the restaurant came in as well as the GM (3 manager hiring policy). I walked out about an hour and fifteen minutes from when I arrived, and was told to report for my first day the next week. Starting wage for a prep cook / dishwasher is $9.00. Line cooks make $10.00. When you have worked there for a while and made an impression, just remember you will not be awarded a raise unless you ask. There is a bi-annual employee review process and I encourage you to politely bring the topic of a raise up if you feel you are working more diligently than your peers.

Interview Questions
There was no negotiation for hourly employees.

Worked for Blue Canyon Kitchen & Tavern? Contribute to the Community!