Blue Coat Systems Director Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Coat Systems in May 2010.

Was very impressed that all 6-7 interviewers were on time, prepared, appeared competent, and were very engaging - all except for the hiring VP who was aloof, distant, and very indecisive.

A clique of executives joined the company from BEA, and it appeared it might be difficult to become part of that inner circle. The CEO co-founder was described as a brilliant person trying to learn to be CEO of a large company, but it sounded like he was an incurable startup CEO incapable of scaling a company (taking great pride in having a cubicle instead of an office was one of several clues).

Although I was recommended by a Blue Coat executive VP and thought I interviewed extremely well, the hiring VP did not see my background being as good of a fit as I thought it was for the first director position. He suggested I would be a candidate for another director position that was opening up, but I received an offer from another company before he could make a decision.

Interview Questions