Blue Coat Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in May 2010.

Interview Details – Was very impressed that all 6-7 interviewers were on time, prepared, appeared competent, and were very engaging - all except for the hiring VP who was aloof, distant, and very indecisive.

A clique of executives joined the company from BEA, and it appeared it might be difficult to become part of that inner circle. The CEO co-founder was described as a brilliant person trying to learn to be CEO of a large company, but it sounded like he was an incurable startup CEO incapable of scaling a company (taking great pride in having a cubicle instead of an office was one of several clues).

Although I was recommended by a Blue Coat executive VP and thought I interviewed extremely well, the hiring VP did not see my background being as good of a fit as I thought it was for the first director position. He suggested I would be a candidate for another director position that was opening up, but I received an offer from another company before he could make a decision.

Interview Question – I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Blue Coat Systems

Worked for Blue Coat Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Blue Coat Systems Videos

Blue Coat Systems – Why Work for Us?

There's No Company Like Blue Coat Blue Coat is a fast-paced, dynamic environment comprised of smart people who push boundaries every day to develop powerful technology. (Did you know we have 200+ patents and patents… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blue Coat Systems Director interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Blue Coat Systems employees and interview candidates.