Blue Coat Systems

Getting the Interview

32 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Course Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Blue Coat Systems.

Interview Details – Recruiter was being inconsistent with questions in regards to benefits, salary, and whether or not the position was contract or FTE. Did not interview with the company, but the recruiter was very pushy. Received another contact from another recruiter for the same position position today. Nice to be wanted, but I will not deal with companies that cannot be straightforward on what they have to offer you.

Interview Question – There was none, since they could not be straightforward on benefits/salary/FTE vs contract.   Answer Question

Large Account Manager Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in March 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring manager was someone I knew, and he had talked to me about this position for quite a while. The interview process was quite easy - several conversations with the manager, lunch meeting with the sales engineer, and a phone call with the VP of Sales, and then they extended an offer.

Interview Question – What do you expect to be your finest accomplishment after 1 year here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, the initial offer was less, but I told the manager I needed about 10-15% more in salary, and he agreed.

Human Resources Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Blue Coat Systems.

Interview Details – Took a little while but was overall a good experience.

Inside Sales Interview

Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in February 2009.

Interview Details – I handed my resume to someone that was a friend of the hiring manager. I got a call and went in for the interview the next day. I spend very little time with the hiring manager, and was interviewed by 6 team members.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions - pretty standard   Answer Question

IT Systems Administrative Interview

Draper, UT

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in January 2012.

Interview Details – They posted an add on an online billboard and was hired that way. Interview consisted of phone screening then two additional interviews afterwords. Then about a week later an offer was extended.

Interview Question – Nothing really to technical was asked although it was supposedly a technical position. Mostly how do you get along with peoplem etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offer you an amount and they don't negotiate really.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in April 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was lengthy and thorough involving all teams: engineering, development, program and product managers, executive managemtn

Interview Question – What was the worse job you ever had?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was happy with the offer and there was no negotiation

Trade Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in March 2013.

Interview Details – A 45 min phone Interview with the employee I was to replace (who was moving to an overseas position with the company. This was followed by an in-person interview approximately one week later with the hiring manager and another employee I was to work closely with. Each in-person interview went for about 30 mins. The interview with the hiring manager was typical questions about my experience and the job itself. The interview with the employee I was to work closely with was extremely unusual. She came unprepared and when I asked how our 2 positions worked together she was initially stumped and said no one had asked that before. When I asked what she liked most about her job, she said "Today, nothing." She then went on to paint the company as disorganized, everyone having too much work, and from day 1 you "drink from the firehose". 3 days later I received a 30 min phone call from HR with some follow up questions regarding my interest and compensation. Less than a week later I received a phone call from the hiring manager with an offer.

Interview Question – What does 5A002 mean to you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The company was offering me a comparable salary (no increase, giving commuting costs) and in my follow up phone call with the manager my concerns about the negative work environment that the other interviewer had mentioned weren't diminished.

Contract Position Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blue Coat Systems.

Interview Details – Extremely fair in the hiring and interview process.

Interview Question – How do you handle deadline?   Answer Question

Purchaning Interview

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty fast. Interviewed with several people. BC was very accommodating when scheduling the interviews. Offer letter was as expected and came quickly after final round of interviews.

Interview Question – what did i know about travel?   View Answer

Anonymous Position Interview

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blue Coat Systems.

Interview Details – The work environment did not seem adequate. Some lights were on and a lot were off. Cubicles in disarray and unoccupied - tons of them. Not impressed...sinking ship feeling.

Interview Question – none really. everyone was OK in interview process. My concern was stability of company, which the mgr stated could be acquisition in 2013.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blue Coat Systems

Worked for Blue Coat Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Blue Coat Systems Videos

Blue Coat Systems – Why Work for Us?

There's No Company Like Blue Coat Blue Coat is a fast-paced, dynamic environment comprised of smart people who push boundaries every day to develop powerful technology. (Did you know we have 200+ patents and patents… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blue Coat Systems interview questions and advice. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by Blue Coat Systems employees and interview candidates.