Blue Coat Systems Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
34 interviews

2.7

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in May 2012.

From school job postings

Got another job offer

Software Engineer Interview

After applying online I received an email asking me about a phone interview. The interview was basically a screening interview asking me about my experience and behavioral questions. The questions were mostly based on my resume. I was asked to talk about the projects and challenges I faced etc. And how comfortable I am socially.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

1 round of interview and 1 phone interview

IT Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in February 2011.

Reviewed Process ,Technical and functional skills. Process questions aroun 1-2 tier quoting , ordering .Very un informal but seems like not highly structured

Interview Questions
    • Describe 2 tier ordering process and error validation   Answer Question
    • Describe order change process and how to control changes   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in September 2011.

first telephone then face to face interview scheduled,
    with two persons

Software QA Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in September 2010.

I applied through career portal of my school, I got a call from Blue coat, they asked me about my interest and backgroud. After two week I was given the offer

Interview Questions
    • They asked about my background so there was no such difficult question   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in December 2010.

The interviewers were OK. Not too bad. Mainly focused on the resume. Didn't try to go too much out of the resume.

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in November 2010.

Blue Coat approached me for a for a very senior technical position.

I had a phone interview with Blue Coat: It was a bunch of aptitude questions, like the bucket of water problem.

They called me back for an in-person interview.

The HR that was supposed to meet me was not there, they kept me waiting for an hour. I noticed very unprofessional behavior, like abusing fellow employees.

Finally one tech. guy in flip-flops shows up and asks questions while he works on his laptop.

The questions he asked ridiculous, and he looked like he was in pain: kept making ohh and ahh noises while he worked on his laptop. Never did he look straight at me.

Some of the more sane questions:

How do you determine a percentage!
    Yes, the bucket of water question was asked again. These guys just love buckets don't they.

Interview Questions
    • How do you determine a percentage!   View Answer
    • Bucket of water question was asked two times!   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in April 2008.

Short and sweet

Interview Questions
    Initial offer was very good, took it

Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in March 2010.

Very relaxed, low key

Interview Questions
    Blue Coat is not able to negotiate salaries overseas as all decisions are made in US. Sadly the US HR team has no idea that overseas salaries are not the same for same positions as in the US. They do not factor cost of living, standard benefits in other countries when determining salary. Very poor compensation and no benefits. Not competetive overseas.