Blue Coat Systems Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (Draper, UT) in February 2014.

Interview

I had a technical phone interview, an in-person technical interview, and a standard interview with the manager totaling 3 hours. The interviews were very thorough to test skills and personality.

Interview Questions

• How do you explain a technical concept to a non-technical person?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Blue Coat Systems

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in July 2013.

Interview

Boxborough, MA location, applied last year. Applied as a referral. Hiring manager called and did a phone screen. One on-site interview. Fairly easy interview, one networking technical question. The main thing is that the interviewers wanted to make sure I understood the position and the challenges. After the single round of interviews (~5 people), ended up playing telephone/email tag for ~2 weeks until I found out that they were unable to match the compensation I requested.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail (all layers) how a TCP connection is made.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in April 2008.

Interview

Short and sweet

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Initial offer was very good, took it