Blue Cod Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Marlborough, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cod Technologies in May 2010.

Interview Details – The process started with a technical phone screen. The questions were designed to see if there was any substance in my knowledge. The questioner asked me to talk about some of the things listed on my resume. He stopped at various points to ask a technical question about my previous work.
I was asked to come in for further conversatons. I was again technically tested with conceptual questions regarding linked-lists, object-oriented programming, and an approach for a "last used item" mechanism invloving C# generics, hash tables, and linked lists. I also spoke with higher level management at this time.
Two weeks later I was asked to come in again to speak with the company founders and mangement. Apparently I was overqualified for their open positions, but they were contemplating creating a postion that would take advantage of the leadership elements of my experience. Those conversations went well, but in the end, an offer was not extended since it would throw them out of balance on their present course to create such a psotion for me at that time.

Interview Question – Describe and psuedo-code a "Last Recently Used" mechanism that reliably identified a collection element as the one that went the longest without being accessed.   View Answer

Worked for Blue Cod Technologies? Contribute to the Community!