Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

3.1

.NET Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was late for on-site interview, and never even read resume nor notes prior to interview. Was very unprepared and questions asked were vague not well thought thru leading to answers they did not in my opinion help in a decision to gauge well qualified candidates. The interviewer came across as insecure, nervous and lacked self confidence, could barely make eye contact during conversation and stared at the resume and notes most of the time. I believe he felt threatened and intimidated based on most reviews of this company management is unsuited for their roles and lack the required skills, are not looking for candidates or employees who could add value to this organization but instead will be subordinates who are submissive and passive who will not challenge the little authority they are able to deliver based on their lack of self confidence due to limited skills and experience. It is my opinion that if you desire an opportunity and an employer that challenges your skills and promotes growth look elsewhere as this organization seems poisoned from the C Level down based on reviews and my face to face interview. If your looking at being a parrot with a keyboard and keeping the status quo by all means this my be the place for you.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager, and a panel interview with three managers. Phone interview was at a higher level. Do you have experience with this or that, but not much detail. In person interview was very detailed

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a Business Analyst and a Business System Analyst   Answer Question

Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona.

Interview

Manager was not interested. Job description not presented until after interview. Non-disclosure that job actually was actually what was stated in interview. Kind of bait and switch tactic it appears

Interview Questions

• Manager did not ask appropriate questions   1 Answer

Salary not competitive for position requirements

Systems Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona.

Interview

Contacted by HR for a telephone screening after submitting an application and resume through online job search site. Upon success, a telephone screen was conducted with department manager. Approximately 10 days later an in-person one-on-one interview was completed on-site with future manager. Approximately 2 weeks later a panel interview was conducted with 4 employees with different roles within the company including a future peer. Group questions were varied from technical to personality based. Interview seemed well rounded and not too overwhelming. Manager facilitated the interview process and sat in to monitor. Approximately 2 weeks later an interview was completed with the CIO. One week later a formal job offer was made at one grade lower than original interview process was created for. (Also to note, other new hires both before and after also commented on the change in job title at the time of the offer. This was not an isolated event.)

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected questions were related to personal visions and aspirations during panel interview. Question arose from future peer and in now way reflected the role.   Answer Question

Project Manager (Big Red Flags ) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Mismanaged interview: bounced around, room to room, meeting rooms in use, they were highly unprepared, VP can't make interview because they are working on "production issue." What VP is engaged in a 'production issue' and why would they be working on it? Don't they have a development staff and managers that handle this? What 'production issue' would a healthcare company have that takes a VP to resolve?? BIG red flags. Beware. Typical questions; scenario based and technical experience. Seems like they need a lot of help with a lot of things by the content of the questions - I'm looking for some place more established and I thought this would be one of those places due to the name of the company. When the interviewer is late to an interview because a previous meeting went over time, this is a clear indication that they cant manage to an agenda and they cannot manage time properly. Priorities - I was not one of them. Also, it is very disrespectful to the interviewee and sends a clear message that the interviewee does not matter.

From my questions, they have many immature and undeveloped processes. Many old timers are still stuck in the 70's and 80's with old architecture, informal management tools, and archaic infrastructure.

Interview Questions

• Are you OK with working nights and weekends.   1 Answer

Interview

Interviews and hiring process seemed ok and i was offered a job until the HR person who i spoke with called me back and rescinded the offer for totally unethical reasons. It seems they did not review my application and conflict of interest form before making the job offer and finally realized I had a record, which I disclosed on teh application and in the disclosure forms. They unethically told me that they cannot hire me because of an illegal policy of not hiring felons regardless of the circumstances. Be careful when applying here as it seems like things are going well than some body from hr. actually decides to do their job and revoke yours.

Interview Questions

• the interview questions were run of the mill type of 'What is your greatest acheivement?', or "Tell us about a time when...'   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was rescinded because of unethical reasons.

Network Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

Awful. Avoid this place. It's a bad culture. The managers lie. You won't like it nor will you learn anything. You will get the bait and switch. They act like the economy is bad and they are the only game in town.

Bad place

Application

interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona in March 2014.

Interview

telephone interview with HR, simple basic questions. Received a call for in person interview with Hiring manager. Followed up with an interview with some of the teams members.

Interview Questions

• nothing too difficult. Excel test was a bit challenging but mostly due to the tech lingo used to phrased questions   Answer Question

Systems Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed twice over the phone. The first interview was with a Recruitment Coordinator. She spent about a half hour on the phone with me and told me about the job, the pay, and the interview process.

After my interview with her, I spoke briefly with a manager who asked me scenario questions. Then she transferred me to her admin who would schedule the interview with my (current) boss and co-worker.

I then showed up and interviewed in person. Shortly after, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had limited time and a problem that needed to be solved. What did you do?   1 Answer

IT Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

Group review maybe 6 employees, very friendly. Phone interview only as this was a very brief engagement. Received an offer within 2 days. I've heard that in-person interviews can be very painful.