Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

www.bcbsil.com

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Administrative Assistant III Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Administrative Assistant III
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews total- one with HR, one phone interview with a Manager I would be supporting, and one with the VP I primarily supported. The HR rep was pretty rude and curt, but my potential bosses were very nice and thoroughly explained the expectations for the position.

Interview Question – I was asked if I would be able to get along with the rest of the admins in the pool, which I took to mean that there is infighting among the admins.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered 21 an hour with full benefits, which I was offended at, wanted 30 an hour, and finally accepted 24 an hour because this economy has forced people to take much less money than they have made in the past and than they deserve. HCSC/BCBS definitely tries to exploit new hires and get them to take the lowest amount in the salary range.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Administrative Assistant III
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois in July 2011.

Interview Details – Took almost 3 months to get a call back to interview. The hiring manager was pleasant and even complimented me on my presence, confidence and resume. Not sure why I wasn't selected but interviewer basically said referrals were favored. I had I know this I would have said my friend referred me.Recruiter did not return calls. Finally got a form email weeks after interview saying my skills did not match. Would have appreciated real feedback as my skills actually do match.

Interview Questions

Worked for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois? Contribute to the Community!