Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Interview Questions & Reviews

24 interviews

2.8

Senior Web Applications Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois.

Initiated contact through a friend who works there, submitted an online app, and was asked for an in person interview. Had an hour long interview with technical staff and then an hour long behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about analyzing slowness within a web service?   Answer Question

Consultant Senior IT Manager EPMO Interview

You will see when you get there but if you don't have an inside track don't waste you time. That is all I have to say. There is nothing more I can offer.

Direct Market Consultant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois.

I applied online and a week or so later I received a questionnaire to fill out via email. I filled that out and a week or so later I was called in for an in person interview. After the interview I didn't really hear anything so I followed up with the recruiter but they said they were waiting on the manager to get back to them. A few weeks later I received an email stating that they pursued other candidates.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois.

It took 6 months to get an interview. They emailed to set up an interview, then nothing. Then a month later another email for a different job, then nothing, and finally an email that resulted in a phone interview with a different manager. Then I was hired after 1 phone interview.

Legislative and Regulatory Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois.

Out of state candidate, submitted resume through BCBS website. All communication with HR was via e-mail. There were screening questions on the electronic application which you should answer carefully. You will not be considered if not a perfect fit. On the days of my interview it was a disconcerting "three stooges" scene. They were so unprepared. From HR I never received the names of the individuals I would be interviewing with, or the number. I had to ask! No help with best way to get to office from airport (train? which line? which stop? taxi?) This is my managers first gig as a "boss". She was visibly uncomfortable and uncertain of the process. With this company in the Interview Process- kindly help them help you.

Interview Questions
    • The questions from HR were predictable- mainly about qualifications and expereince. Interview with hiring manager was a convo about the work. For the salary question -asked in an e-mail- I went with a high figure and as it turned out was $30,000 over position salary. HR actually emailed me to ask if I would take less-- rather than removing me from the candidate pool. I had wiggle room so agreed. I really wanted this job!   View Answer
    Ask for a signing bonus. there was no relo package so they went with a generous signing bonus.

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois in July 2013.

You go through several detailed phone screen and then a face to face with 4 directors and senior level IT managers. The interview was very good but I had to keep calling to find out if I was going to be offered the Job. Finally I got hold of a recruiter who said all other candiates had been eliminated and it was between me and another candidate. So I needed to come have another phone interview. The interviewer was late in calling and also the HR never got back to me about the results of the final interview. I tried reaching our via email and phone calls but never was able to reach him. The interview scheduling process was marred with somany changes before, during and after the interview. The just did not seem to get their act togther.

Interview Questions
    • None. i was well prepared and answered all the questions I was asked. I thought I had the job based on the initial feed back.   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois in October 2012.

1 on campus interview, very conversational

Gave me 2 weeks

IT Audit/Risk Interview

Spoke with hiring manager directly for a first cut, got to second round of phone interviews before they politely declined. Nothing stood out in terms of the questions they asked, though I did get quizzed on how I make decisions, etc. - nothing out of the ordinary. This was an audit position, so obviously they asked about audit experience and qualifications, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stood out in terms of the questions they asked, though I did get quizzed on how I make decisions, etc. - nothing out of the ordinary. This was an audit position, so obviously they asked about audit experience and qualifications, etc.   Answer Question

Applications Supervisor Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois.

Assuming you have a relative match based on your resume qualifications, preparation of dossier questonairre is first, followed by team interviews by peer level management. If you are able to get through the peer level manager interview into the final round, you will meet with the hiring manager and other managers and/or directors who will interview you.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois.

Mostly behavioral and straightforward..
    1. worked in a team?
    2. failures?
    3. strengths and weaknesses?

Interview Questions
    • Picked out an extracurricular on my resume and grilled me further   Answer Question

Worked for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois? Contribute to the Community!