Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.8

Financial Management Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.

When I arrived to the onsite interview I was greeted by the hiring manager. I went through a string of three interviews; each lasting about 30 minutes. I was also given a sample writing test. The interview questions were pretty straight forward and nothing out of the ordinary. It was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time when you had a problem with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.

Applied online. A couple of phone interviews (HR, Hiring Mgr) then onsite for several hour long interviews. Overall a rather routine experience but on the slower side. Interviews were straight forward looking for specific experience which could be matched to job needs. Did not appear to be much coordination across different interviewers in question area etc.

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.

I started with the submission of a resume online and then an on-campus interview through my school's Career Services.

Interview Questions
    • Talk to me about a time in which you used analytical skills.   View Answer

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.

Applied through school website, got an email shortly after letting me know I was invited for an on campus interview. Interview was about 4 days later. It was your basic behavioral interview, nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • He directly asked me what their competitors were, so make sure you do your research!   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts in September 2013.

Very short interview - 40 minutes. Hiring manager was very busy and late to the interview. They appeared very overwhelmed. They asked me to write a note back to them about why I should be hired! I was very surprised. I did write them a note, but a week later they hired someone else.

Interview Questions
    • No situation type questions were asked, only general experiences.   Answer Question

Learning and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.

Interview was pretty standard behavioral interviewing.

They were enticing me away from Liberty Mutual so the pay was worth the move.

Member Service Representative Interview

First had an on campus formal interview, where they asked an assortment of basic interview questions. Next step was an online assessment, which just tested how you would respond to certain scenarios . The third step was another 1 on 1 interview with a hiring manager and a role play, in which you had a sample phone call where you had to explain a process to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • None, all questions were normal. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.

You will be asked many behavioral based questions..and you are aksed for alot of examples of customer service, dealing with a "irate" caller, or a time you went above and beyond. The people that interview you are usually other Leaders or Supervisors in the Call center where you will work, so they know what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • You have to come up with lots of examples on the spot of good/bad customer service   View Answer

Provider Service Representative for Hingham, MA Location Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hingham, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Hingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts in June 2012.

I was contacted via email and the first step was a video recorded screening interview using HireVue.You record your answers to their questions using a webcam then they view it on their time.
    A couple days later I was invited to an in person interview where I met with two call center leaders. 95% of the questions are behavioral and asking about specific instances where X happened and how you responded, which was just too much (especially if you've never been in those situations) and many were the same question restated. Because of what they asked I never had the chance to explain how I'd excel at the job. Last part was a mock roleplay call where I pretended to help a caller (the interviewer) with a problem you pick from a list. This went well, but was unclear if I should be 100% "in character", how serious I had to be etc.

Sent a thank you email then followed up after not hearing back after a couple weeks. Eventually got a generic rejection email.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts in May 2012.

Recruiter process, with phone screen from both HR and Department. Went through several rounds within the department. Long process of meeting with several people, across all levels of the department. Went to BCBSMA 4 different times, and went through several hours of interviews.

Met my expectations