Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Boston, MA).

Interview

many steps, took two months. phone interview, follow by two in person rounds of meeting with several senior levels. then a case study presentation to a room of 15.

Interview Questions

• be prepared to offer some insight into the industry and the ongoing evolution of the healthcare landscape.   Answer Question

Financial Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.

Interview

When I arrived to the onsite interview I was greeted by the hiring manager. I went through a string of three interviews; each lasting about 30 minutes. I was also given a sample writing test. The interview questions were pretty straight forward and nothing out of the ordinary. It was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you had a problem with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I started off submitting my application, a few days/weeks later I received an email that I would have a phone interview. It lasted about 30 minutes, just walking through my resume, fairly easy. A few days later I learned that I would go in and interview with 6 different people for 30-45 minutes each. I was nervous, but it was pretty easy, just walking through my resume and answering some basic data/health insurance questions.

Interview Questions

• Q. What do you know about the affordable care act?
      Q. Name a time when you were doing analysis and didn't have all of the data that you needed?
      Q. Name a time when you faced adversity and how you handled it, etc.

Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.

Interview

Applied online. A couple of phone interviews (HR, Hiring Mgr) then onsite for several hour long interviews. Overall a rather routine experience but on the slower side. Interviews were straight forward looking for specific experience which could be matched to job needs. Did not appear to be much coordination across different interviewers in question area etc.

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.

Interview

I started with the submission of a resume online and then an on-campus interview through my school's Career Services.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about a time in which you used analytical skills.   1 Answer

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.

Interview

Applied through school website, got an email shortly after letting me know I was invited for an on campus interview. Interview was about 4 days later. It was your basic behavioral interview, nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• He directly asked me what their competitors were, so make sure you do your research!   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Very short interview - 40 minutes. Hiring manager was very busy and late to the interview. They appeared very overwhelmed. They asked me to write a note back to them about why I should be hired! I was very surprised. I did write them a note, but a week later they hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• No situation type questions were asked, only general experiences.   Answer Question

Learning and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interview was pretty standard behavioral interviewing.

Negotiation

They were enticing me away from Liberty Mutual so the pay was worth the move.

Member Service Representative Interview

Interview

First had an on campus formal interview, where they asked an assortment of basic interview questions. Next step was an online assessment, which just tested how you would respond to certain scenarios . The third step was another 1 on 1 interview with a hiring manager and a role play, in which you had a sample phone call where you had to explain a process to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• None, all questions were normal. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.

Interview

You will be asked many behavioral based questions..and you are aksed for alot of examples of customer service, dealing with a "irate" caller, or a time you went above and beyond. The people that interview you are usually other Leaders or Supervisors in the Call center where you will work, so they know what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• You have to come up with lots of examples on the spot of good/bad customer service   1 Answer