Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.7

Corporate Strategy Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

Case based, I wasn't prepared for it and subsequently performed poorly. Interviewer was lackadaisical, I knew he wasn't going to select me for the position anyway. He came off as somewhat rude and abrasive. It's partly my fault for not finding out earlier that it was to be a case interview.

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Mumbai (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

Good practical sales as well as skilled related interview process.

Interview Questions

• Regarding positive and negative aspects.   1 Answer

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in February 2011.

Interview

interview process was simple and stright forward, confidence is the key, not matter what. Even if you could not answer the question completely.

Interview Questions

• question were simple and all expected ones for a basic programmer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

can negotiate

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

Interviewers were prepared and reviewed resume prior to the interview. Questions were objective and assessed skills

Interview Questions

• Did not encounter an unexpected or difficult question. Prior to interview I prepared by researching and reviewing the information pertaining to the area   Answer Question

Negotiation

Internal candidates do not have negotiation - pay and benefits driven by HR policies

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan in December 2013.

Interview

HR rep did quick, get-to-know me phone interview. After the phone interview, I was asked if I was interested in position and set me up with face-to-face interview with two hiring managers. Managers discussed their department, their roles and then asked me about my experience. A laid back interview, both took turns asking questions of my skill set and experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about when you made a error/mistake? What did you learn from that and how you applied the learnings to another situation?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

If you are selected for an interview after applying, you will be contacted by the department's HR representative to set up an interview. Typically you will have 2 interviews, one with the manager(s) and one with other analysts. Sometimes this is combined into one interview.

My experience thus far has been the information contained in the job posts tend to be much broader than what you will be asked about in the interview. All they really want to know is what you know and what you have done. For example, my job post contained a items on National Healthcare Reform but there was no discussion of policy in the interview.

Interview Questions

• "Since you don't have much technical experience in the programs we work with, why should we choose you over someone who does?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Based off my experience and conversations with other employees, salary-negotiation is very difficult. My offer was offered to me informally in conversation and my acceptance of the offer in conversation was taken as my official acceptance, without the documentation or anything like that.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

Applied online. Took a test online along with mock customer service call. Received a phone call and had a telephone interview. Simple question. Must of passed because I was scheduled for a Face to Face interview. Went to a panel interview in from of 3 people . Basic questions, most were situational. Interviewers were nice. Said they would let me know. Applied online, 3 days later received phone interview, week later went to Panel Interview. Havent heard anything yet and it has been a week since my interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if you gave a customer the wrong information and found out about the error days after your phone conversation with customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

During the online assessment the testing abruptly discontinued and I was sent back to application for submission. However, it clearing read that an incomplete assessment would discount my application. When I sent an email to the company I never received a reply.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview to see where you'd like to be placed, then group Skype interview with higher ups and hiring manger. Nothing too intense, but moves pretty fast if they want you. This might be bad for those wanting a more drawn out process to decide on other offers.

Interview Questions

• What's a challenge you facing in life and how will that work in regards to your work process and how you interact with others?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Applied online and completed a brief set of prescreening questions. Received a phone call within a couple of days for a phone interview, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, and finally one on-sire interview that included meeting with three employees.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where your peers and colleagues were not available to assist.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was treated well. I was honest about all of the compensating factors and BCBSM exceeded expectations.