Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.7

Web Editor Interview

Interview

Wonderful process. My interviewer was extremely knowledgeable and well-spoken. I appreciated her promptness and her ability to conduct an interview. She was interested in who I am and what I know.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple. An offer, counter-offer, negotiation, acceptance.

Epidemiologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

I only went through the first round, but it was still a very positive experience. All the interviewers were very intelligent and the conversation was very fluid. They communicated that those making it to the second round would be flown to Detroit for the second round, which would include another interview with a panel of interviewers, 45 minute presentation and meeting other team members.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

Basically filled out online application and waited about week. Got call from pre-screener who asked some very general questions about availability and explained compensation and that position would initially be temporary with possibility of being hired permanent.

Proper interview, was about a week later. Interviewed by managers in one-on-one setting for about 45 minutes. Simple situational questions were asked (How do you deal with irate customers?). Also more in depth questions about work experience.

In hindsight, this was a very laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you noticed your colleagues were calling off in protest of some change?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Applied online and completed a brief set of prescreening questions. Received a phone call within a couple of days for a phone interview, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, and finally one on-sire interview that included meeting with three employees.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where your peers and colleagues were not available to assist.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was treated well. I was honest about all of the compensating factors and BCBSM exceeded expectations.

Group Processor II Interview

Interview

I discussed my previous experience and was asked the basic interview scenario questions i.e. Describe a time when you had to carry out a difficult task. Tell me about your experience working with a team etc.

Interview Questions

• What does accountability mean to you?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by on site interview which occurred 6 months later. Had written off any interview by month 2 to 3. The on-site 1/2 day interview was round robin. Mangers used scripts and I did meet members of the team.

Interview Questions

• How to determine if reported systems information was accurate   Answer Question

Culture was not a good fit

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan in October 2014.

Interview

Single phone call asking to come in, they were looking for a part time intern. I was in the process of wrapping up school and the position was idea. Brief phone interview was conducted 10-20 minutes, then I was asked to come in. The on-site interview took about an hour and was conducted by two members of the team I was to be joining. They had a three page packet of questions they wanted to ask, some were much easier than others.

Interview Questions

• Describe a workplace situation in which you were met with conflict and describe how you dealt with that conflict to reach a productive end goal?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

Applied online and did not hear back for a couple months. Had a Skype interview and there were 4-5 managers there asking questions. All behavioral-based with some accounting questions thrown in as well.

Interview Questions

• A journal entry question that included unearned revenue   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

Applied online. Took a test online along with mock customer service call. Received a phone call and had a telephone interview. Simple question. Must of passed because I was scheduled for a Face to Face interview. Went to a panel interview in from of 3 people . Basic questions, most were situational. Interviewers were nice. Said they would let me know. Applied online, 3 days later received phone interview, week later went to Panel Interview. Havent heard anything yet and it has been a week since my interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if you gave a customer the wrong information and found out about the error days after your phone conversation with customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Grand Rapids, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

Had an online assessment and then had the recruiter call and schedule an interview - had two interviewers who were super nice asking template questions, but they were certainly personable and conversational in the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a customer on the phone asking questions that you don't know the answer to?   1 Answer

I wasn't offered the initial job - over qualified - they did call back to interview by phone for a different position about 3-4 weeks after the initial interview but since I thought the first interview went really well but didn't hear back from them sooner, I assumed I wasn't being considered further and accepted a position with another company.