Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan in October 2014.

Interview

Single phone call asking to come in, they were looking for a part time intern. I was in the process of wrapping up school and the position was idea. Brief phone interview was conducted 10-20 minutes, then I was asked to come in. The on-site interview took about an hour and was conducted by two members of the team I was to be joining. They had a three page packet of questions they wanted to ask, some were much easier than others.

Interview Questions

• Describe a workplace situation in which you were met with conflict and describe how you dealt with that conflict to reach a productive end goal?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

Applied online and did not hear back for a couple months. Had a Skype interview and there were 4-5 managers there asking questions. All behavioral-based with some accounting questions thrown in as well.

Interview Questions

• A journal entry question that included unearned revenue   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

Applied online. Took a test online along with mock customer service call. Received a phone call and had a telephone interview. Simple question. Must of passed because I was scheduled for a Face to Face interview. Went to a panel interview in from of 3 people . Basic questions, most were situational. Interviewers were nice. Said they would let me know. Applied online, 3 days later received phone interview, week later went to Panel Interview. Havent heard anything yet and it has been a week since my interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if you gave a customer the wrong information and found out about the error days after your phone conversation with customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Grand Rapids, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

Had an online assessment and then had the recruiter call and schedule an interview - had two interviewers who were super nice asking template questions, but they were certainly personable and conversational in the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a customer on the phone asking questions that you don't know the answer to?   1 Answer

I wasn't offered the initial job - over qualified - they did call back to interview by phone for a different position about 3-4 weeks after the initial interview but since I thought the first interview went really well but didn't hear back from them sooner, I assumed I wasn't being considered further and accepted a position with another company.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

During the online assessment the testing abruptly discontinued and I was sent back to application for submission. However, it clearing read that an incomplete assessment would discount my application. When I sent an email to the company I never received a reply.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position and was scheduled for a skype interview shortly after that. The interview was easy enough and mostly had general questions about my college experience, goals for my career, and what I expected out of the internship. They then told me the responsibilities I would have and asked how I would be suited for those tasks.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan in December 2013.

Interview

HR rep did quick, get-to-know me phone interview. After the phone interview, I was asked if I was interested in position and set me up with face-to-face interview with two hiring managers. Managers discussed their department, their roles and then asked me about my experience. A laid back interview, both took turns asking questions of my skill set and experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about when you made a error/mistake? What did you learn from that and how you applied the learnings to another situation?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

Interviewers were prepared and reviewed resume prior to the interview. Questions were objective and assessed skills

Interview Questions

• Did not encounter an unexpected or difficult question. Prior to interview I prepared by researching and reviewing the information pertaining to the area   Answer Question

Negotiation

Internal candidates do not have negotiation - pay and benefits driven by HR policies

Team Leader II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

The interview process is in-person and generally with 1 member of the staff who is a colleague and another who you will be reporting to. It's usually with a set number of questions, often behavioral and situational rather than topic based.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate.

IT Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan in May 2013.

Interview

First step was a 10 minute phone interview to get to know one another a little. The second interview should have been in person but since I was interview for a separate location that where I currently live they accommodation this with a phone interview. The second interview was with the hiring manager who described the type of projects I would be involved with and my expectations as an intern. Overall both interview went well and the company seems great!

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't say most difficult or unexpected but rather challenging in the way they pick your brain. The question along the lines of, what would you like to be working on at the company? Right away a question like this is intimidating but welcoming as well, it shows the type of work environment the company shares with all employees - even the interns.   Answer Question