Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota

Updated Oct 7, 2014

2.8

Health Guide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota.

They have a very professional hiring process. The company is so big they provide a map for you sent via email. The worst part of the hiring process was that they have an outside company that does their background checks. This outside company has made many mistakes and it was a very bad experience. I was surprised I was hired due to the errors in their reporting.

Interview Questions
    • How do you build relationships with customers over the phone?   View Answer

IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota in October 2013.

I applied through a university resource, and my interview was a single-round behavioral interview. It was very typical, nothing that caught me off guard. In the interview they will ask if you have a preference where within IT you wish to be placed, and they do a great job aligning you to your interests. I received an offer within 2 weeks of the interview. One of the intern recruiters, Asma, is one of the easiest and most fun to interact with, in my experience.

Did not negotiate.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota in May 2013.

Three weeks after submitting application online, got a call from talent acquisition specialist. We discussed my resume and job experience. She was very impressed. Two weeks later, I received a call from the HR manager in the division I applied for, another phone interview with two hiring managers. They were very friendly, but did indicate they thought I was over qualified for the job.Was told I'd hear back within a week. But I didn't hear back for three more weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most difficult decision you've made in the last 6 months?   Answer Question

Business Project Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota in May 2013.

Applied online through HR link on school's job website. Got a phone interview for about 40 minutes. Got called to the office 2 days after. I thought there would be a second interview but there was none. I was called there so they could meet me in person, show me around the office and offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • It looks like you are very interested in Project Management. Tell me about one of your favorite authors in this field.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Interview process was routine, First of all I had vendor call and screening was done, Once they find it perfect, they set up Client call. Everything was done withing 10 days as they were in urgent need of BSA. Interview was Phone Only. There were three people ( 2 Project Manager's& Business owner) They asked Questions related to my last project as well as few questions regarding what they are actually looking in candidate for this project. Interview last around 20-25 mins and It was good one. We exchange Questions & answers along with additional Comments on few of them. Once Interview was done I got response after a week that they were satisfied and when can I Join. I joined immediately.

Business Systems Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota in April 2013.

1 30 minute interview with 2 senior BSAs. Asked a list of pre-determined questions mostly regarding situational responses.

Administrative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota in January 2013.

Application and interview process was very good. I made an internal move and it was short and seemless.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do in your most recent position to develop your career?   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota in September 2012.

Hiring manager was very interested and was quick to move on starting the interview process. They offered to answer any questions I had after the interview and indeed, did respond quickly when I posed several questions. Second interview happened very quickly as well.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest mistake you have made and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota in June 2012.

One phone interview, one in person interview. Background check done by a vendor is extremely tedious but the company itself is very efficient.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if you had a customer who wanted to be attended to right away when you have other pending deadlnes   Answer Question
    Fixed range

Health Guide Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota in January 2011.

I applied online and was scheduled to come in for testing. Took two basic computer and customer service tests. You had to pass one to move onto the next. These were both very simple and very common sense. I passed both and I was given an interview with manager and the head of customer service. They asked standard questions and I was told I would hear back. I was offered the position after a drug test and background check. The background check came up with numerous errors so I was surprised when I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary- mostly just a review of what my work history was like.   Answer Question
    No negotiation room.