Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota

Engaged Employer

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota.

Interview

I was invited via e-mail to participate in an on-demand Montage telephone interview. BCBS provided a link to a website where I entered my telephone number and pressed send (or something similar). A computerized system called me back and a synthesized, non-human voice asked me questions, most of which I was unable to answer within the allotted time. About 10 seconds before my time was up for each question, I was encouraged by the synthesized, non-human voice to wrap up and by the time I was allowed to continue my answer, I had 3 seconds before I was told by that damn computer that it was time for the next question. As a professional in the HR field, I am shocked and frankly insulted that any reputable organization would utilize this interviewing method for ANY position, let alone for a position in HR. The whole process leads me to believe that this organization views the function as being neither human nor a resource. Unfortunate.

Interview Questions

• There were no surprises in the content of the questions - just that they were asked by a computer.   Answer Question

Marketing Business to Business Products Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Over the phone by an HR person, who really did not understand the business. This was the HR person that was responsible for the B to B business unit and was acting as a gate keeper which I understand, but the discussion did not allow me time to ask any questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked many situational questions such as, what would you do ... Asked me to go through my resume. This phone interview was only 1/2 hour and once that time was hit, the HR person ended the call.   1 Answer

Data Entry Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota in March 2015.

Interview

A on-demand phone interview was conducted via Montage. I received an invitation via email, followed a link, signed in, and proceeded to an automated interview that consisted of several questions. I was also sent an invitation to do online testing for data entry skills which was an easy process as well. As it turned out, they cancelled the requisition for the position so no offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• All questions were easy to answer.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota in October 2014.

Interview

Initial Communication: online application and was approached in a week by the recruiter.

Interview with HR Analyst Director:Great interview !pretty much basic and straight questions. They allow you to speak on how can you contribute to the company and in which way!

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota (Eagan, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process was long, greater than four months from start to finish. The process was confusing as the position title kept changing throughout the process. I had a total of four interviews, thought I connected well, but in the end wasn't offered a position. I found it frustrating to go back so many times, not have contact at the decision point, and continue to see the position reposted at least monthly.

Health Guide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota (Eagan, MN).

Interview

They have a very professional hiring process. The company is so big they provide a map for you sent via email. The worst part of the hiring process was that they have an outside company that does their background checks. This outside company has made many mistakes and it was a very bad experience. I was surprised I was hired due to the errors in their reporting.

Interview Questions

• How do you build relationships with customers over the phone?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through a university resource, and my interview was a single-round behavioral interview. It was very typical, nothing that caught me off guard. In the interview they will ask if you have a preference where within IT you wish to be placed, and they do a great job aligning you to your interests. I received an offer within 2 weeks of the interview. One of the intern recruiters, Asma, is one of the easiest and most fun to interact with, in my experience.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

Three weeks after submitting application online, got a call from talent acquisition specialist. We discussed my resume and job experience. She was very impressed. Two weeks later, I received a call from the HR manager in the division I applied for, another phone interview with two hiring managers. They were very friendly, but did indicate they thought I was over qualified for the job.Was told I'd hear back within a week. But I didn't hear back for three more weeks.

Interview Questions

• What's the most difficult decision you've made in the last 6 months?   Answer Question

Business Project Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota (Eagan, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online through HR link on school's job website. Got a phone interview for about 40 minutes. Got called to the office 2 days after. I thought there would be a second interview but there was none. I was called there so they could meet me in person, show me around the office and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• It looks like you are very interested in Project Management. Tell me about one of your favorite authors in this field.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview process was routine, First of all I had vendor call and screening was done, Once they find it perfect, they set up Client call. Everything was done withing 10 days as they were in urgent need of BSA. Interview was Phone Only. There were three people ( 2 Project Manager's& Business owner) They asked Questions related to my last project as well as few questions regarding what they are actually looking in candidate for this project. Interview last around 20-25 mins and It was good one. We exchange Questions & answers along with additional Comments on few of them. Once Interview was done I got response after a week that they were satisfied and when can I Join. I joined immediately.