Blue Cross

Relevance Date Difficulty

Proposal Writer Interview

Proposal Writer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blue Cross.

Interview Details – Professional in the beginning - Managers and team were very nice -

Interview Question – all questions were really simple   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through career services. Had an interview within a few days. General questions about my resume and interest in working at Blue Cross. It is important to convey to them that you are interested in working in certain specific departments as they aren't evaluating you as a whole but in context of where they can fit you in.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or technical.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern- Strategy Interview

Intern- Strategy
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross in April 2013.

Interview Details – 1 shot interview with two directors of strategic operations and one with director of talent aquisition, simple process, painless, good communication, I don't know why some other people posting on here had a bad experience. Mainly behavorial questions, took a week for them to get back to me, accepted offer.

Interview Question – All situational/behavorial   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross.

Interview Details – I applied online and they called back. Invited me to an in person interview. They told me they would take a week. All was fine. Until after the interview, when they completely ignored me. It was extremely unprofessional. I wrote a followup email, I called. Not only did they not return my email, I called the lady, she picked up and hung up on me. What is this? This is a well established company and yet the HR is ridiculously unprofessional? In the end, I took another offer. Whatever. Screw you Blue Cross. I hope whoever you hired accepted the offer and choke on the last day and decided to not take it. And looking at other reviews, this is not the first time that they completely ignored an applicant after an interview. I don't get it. If you don't want to pursue someone, there's nothing wrong or that time consuming about a phone call or an email.

Interview Question – Interview itself was okay. Not too difficult or out of the box.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Blue Cross in July 2012.

Interview Details – A recruiter will contact you and ask some questions by phone. Then the hiring manager will speak to you by phone. If they are still interested in speaking with you, they will bring you in for an interview with several people individually.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual was asked. All questions were relevant and logical.   Answer Question

Underwritting Interview

Underwritting
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Blue Cross in February 2012.

Interview Details – Great interviewing team, extremely down to earth. As soon as you walk into the interview room with the panel they transmit a feeling of tranquility. Most questions were associated with past experiences related to customer service or school related questions.

Interview Questions

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross in March 2011.

Interview Details – I initially applied for an internship position after seeing the position posted on my University's career website. A week after I applied I received a call to set up an in-person interview with 2 of the managers who were hiring interns. The interview went will, but I never received any contact after that. I had to e-mail them to cancel my application since I was offered another internship.

Interview Questions

Summer Interview Interview

Summer Interview
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted through phone first to see if I was still available at that time since the resume was given to them a month ago. Then couple of days later, I got a short phone discussion regarding the job duty. Then it took another 1+ weeks to schedule a date for the onsite interview. The onsite last for 3 hrs, I met 4 people. 1st from HR, my main contact. 2nd - 4 th all from different "strategic" branch. Asked about formal experience and projects, give a sample situation to solve. People are nice, casual environment. I guess I answered every personal question too "truthful", such as if you have specific interest in health industry. Even if you have more interest in the position than in the industry, tell them YES.

During the entire process, it's so hard to get feedback, you gonna keep calling them to see what's going on. I was told the interview time would be scheduled by Friday, but actually I don't hear back until the following Thursday. In the end, they don't even bother to send me a rejection, just ignored me.

Interview Question – Projects you've done in the past.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross in August 2008.

Interview Details – There was screening via phone intrerview. Then few days later group/panel interview was arranged. They really value previous expeiriene with any of ther BCBS plans around the country

Interview Question – What systems did you work in BCBS?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate sign on bonus.

Strategic Consultant Interview

Strategic Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross in July 2010.

Interview Details – The company took a long time (2 months) to contact me after I originally applied. After that, there was 1 phone interview, and then a few weeks later, I had a 1/2 set of in person interviews. All were behavioral, with some analytical questions. Everyone seemed very competent and passionate about the company.

Interview Question – How would you determine the market share of a specific product or service line.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – While the offer was very generous, I had another offer that was a better long-term fit for me.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Blue Cross? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blue Cross interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Blue Cross employees and interview candidates.