Blue Cross

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blue Cross in October 2008.

Interview Details – 1. HR never told me there was a difference between BCBS IL and BCBSA and never told me the address so I assumed it was the IL building on Randolph. Walked all the way over there for nothing. They told me this place was on Lake.
2. Applied for mid level. Accepted as mid level. Signed paperwork and it said one grade down (associate). I thought it was a mistake until a week later when I saw all reference that I was one grade down. I asked HR and my boss. They said "oh well, yea you're right. You did apply for mid level but your HR person left so it's now one grade lower. Take it or leave it." So they baited and switched me for a lower position/salary.

They've done it to NUMEROUS employees. Is this even legal?

Negotiation Details – No negotiation but like I said, I applied for mid, they said I was mid, I thought salary was mid but they baited and switched upon hire, so they schiested me out of $10k more.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blue Cross

Worked for Blue Cross? Contribute to the Community!