Blue Cross

34 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Proposal Writer Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blue Cross.

Interview Details – Professional in the beginning - Managers and team were very nice -

Interview Question – all questions were really simple   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

Interview Details – took 2 weeks for the process

Interview Question – how you do you implement technical knowledge in a practical way   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Danville, IL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Blue Cross in July 2010.

Interview Details – Responded to help wanted listing for sales agents by general agency. Phone interview resulted in mutual decision not to move forward.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Sales/Marketing Interview

Interviewed at Blue Cross

Interview Details – They are very deliberate and very careful, asking a lot of very detailed and thorough questions.

Interview Question – What did you like most about your last position?   View Answer

Administrative Interview

Administrative

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Blue Cross.

Interview Details – When you first apply, you will be scheduled for a test based on the position. If you pass the test look to be scheduled for and interview. This may take weeks or months, it depends on when they are ready to hire people. If you get a interview they will call you if hired. You can always call and get a update. If you pass the test and not hired your score will stay on file. You will not have to take the test again. if you fail you will have to wait 6 months to retest.

Interview Question – Interview was a easy process.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through career services. Had an interview within a few days. General questions about my resume and interest in working at Blue Cross. It is important to convey to them that you are interested in working in certain specific departments as they aren't evaluating you as a whole but in context of where they can fit you in.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or technical.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Blue Cross

Interview Details – Friendly people and a very lax interview. Unfortunately, there were no positions open at the time.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you worked with others to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Claims Examiner Interview

Claims Examiner

Interviewed at Blue Cross

Interview Details – Two interviews. One with HR. She seemed very uninterested and drilled me with robotic questions. She was older (I was way younger) and appeared to be judgemental and it really seemed to bother her that I was leaving my previous employment in pursuit of a new one. But because I passed all of the pretests with flying colors, she had no choice but to pass my resume on to the hiring manager. The second interview was with the hiring manager. She was extremely friendly and had an awesome personality.

Interview Question – Why would you want to leave where you're at now? It seems like an ok job.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Customer Advocate Interview

Customer Advocate
Largo, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross in September 2013.

Interview Details – Duties include researching unpaid claims, providing Home Plan with resubmitted claims, corrections, EOB’s, appeals, and closing paid claims efficiently. Operating multi-line phone system. Provider research via the intranet, and several BCBS applications. Training peers on BCBS applications, and upholding HIPAA laws. Performing other office duties, faxing, copying, mailing, and monthly calendar upkeep.

Interview Question – No questions were unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No terms to negotiate. Everything was clear and outlined

Human Resources Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Blue Cross in July 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was conducted at first through an agency, then with BCBS. I met with two VPs at the HQ. The process was pleasant.

Interview Question – There were no really difficult questions or unexpected ones. I am trained in the interview process.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Blue Cross? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blue Cross interview questions and advice. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by Blue Cross employees and interview candidates.