Blue Cross

36 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Senior Data Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross in April 2014.

Interview Details – The process was very nice met with 3 teams 2 per team to discuss different topics. General interview questions then technical then more personal about myself. Be prepared to discuss specific technical skills and background with SQL.

Interview Question – What was a project that you had issues with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Advocate Interview

Customer Advocate
Springfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through indeed.com and after I sent in my application I received an assessment to do online which I must have passed because a week later I received a phone interview. After talking with the phone interviewer I moved on to the actual in person interview. I arrived prompt at 7 am and was lead back to a room with two ladies whom interviewed me. There were several sections to the process. I came prepared with the usual interview questions like: strengths weakness, about me and other usual questions however I was not prepared for 5 pages of scenario questions. Like tell me about a time when you made a mistake how did you fix it? Tell me what would you do if you had a new supervisor how would you work around them. Tell me about a time you came upon a problem this and that. After all those questions they gave me a paper interview asking me several questions how I would handle a client. After all that they came back into the room and did some role playing. After the role playing exercise they gave me the opportunity to ask some questions. I was not offered a job however when I asked them my questions they were surprised by my questions. So my suggestion would be come prepared to the best of your ability. I asked them why do they like working there? Is there anything i can do in my first 90 days that would ensure my success at bcbs. I also asked them if they had any constructive criticism for me. They do hair test and background tests.

Interview Question – The 5 pages of what did you do or what would you do if..... Very very hard   Answer Question

Proposal Writer Interview

Proposal Writer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blue Cross.

Interview Details – Professional in the beginning - Managers and team were very nice -

Interview Question – all questions were really simple   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

Interview Details – took 2 weeks for the process

Interview Question – how you do you implement technical knowledge in a practical way   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Danville, IL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Blue Cross in July 2010.

Interview Details – Responded to help wanted listing for sales agents by general agency. Phone interview resulted in mutual decision not to move forward.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Sales/Marketing Interview

Sales/Marketing

Interviewed at Blue Cross

Interview Details – They are very deliberate and very careful, asking a lot of very detailed and thorough questions.

Interview Question – What did you like most about your last position?   View Answer

Administrative Interview

Administrative

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Blue Cross.

Interview Details – When you first apply, you will be scheduled for a test based on the position. If you pass the test look to be scheduled for and interview. This may take weeks or months, it depends on when they are ready to hire people. If you get a interview they will call you if hired. You can always call and get a update. If you pass the test and not hired your score will stay on file. You will not have to take the test again. if you fail you will have to wait 6 months to retest.

Interview Question – Interview was a easy process.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through career services. Had an interview within a few days. General questions about my resume and interest in working at Blue Cross. It is important to convey to them that you are interested in working in certain specific departments as they aren't evaluating you as a whole but in context of where they can fit you in.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or technical.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Blue Cross

Interview Details – Friendly people and a very lax interview. Unfortunately, there were no positions open at the time.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you worked with others to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Claims Examiner Interview

Claims Examiner

Interviewed at Blue Cross

Interview Details – Two interviews. One with HR. She seemed very uninterested and drilled me with robotic questions. She was older (I was way younger) and appeared to be judgemental and it really seemed to bother her that I was leaving my previous employment in pursuit of a new one. But because I passed all of the pretests with flying colors, she had no choice but to pass my resume on to the hiring manager. The second interview was with the hiring manager. She was extremely friendly and had an awesome personality.

Interview Question – Why would you want to leave where you're at now? It seems like an ok job.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blue Cross

Worked for Blue Cross? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blue Cross interview questions and advice. All 36 interview reviews posted anonymously by Blue Cross employees and interview candidates.