Blue Cross

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.9

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross.

I had 3 phone interviews (outside recruiter, internal recruiter, hiring manager) then on-site interview with 4 other Directors, one after the other. I came away with the favorable impression that there are some terribly bright people who work for BCBSA. I asked some questions at the end of each interview that I thought might give each Director pause, but they knocked the questions out of the park. Seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were related to my experience; little to no behavioral questions. All the interviews were very conversational.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

It was a nightmare. They only talked to me for 10 min. They didn't even take time to look at my experience. I think they already had their candidate chosen and they were just going thru the motions

Interview Questions
    • Tell us the thing that happens at work that just boils yor blood   View Answer

IT QA Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross in October 2014.

Applied online. Contacted by a recruiter about a week later via email asking for salary requirements. Another week later, contacted by recruiter coordinator for initial phone interview that week. First 30 minutes was behavioral questions by manager, and remaining 30 were technical questions from lead. Sent follow-up email, no response from either recruiter or interviewers. Finally emailed and was told position was closed.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you made a mistake, and how did you remedy it?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blue Cross in September 2014.

Contacted by the recruiter and took them another week to set up the interview with the client.There is no phone interview, directly face 2 face interview. Interview questions was not that difficult, co workers are very friendly.they know what they are asking ,not like some other company asking question from google.

Negotiation with the recruiter

Strategic Healthcare Analysis Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross.

Interviewed with department director, very professional, very nice. Looks like a nice place to work. An associate from the staff was brought in to meet me and chat.

ELearning Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blue Cross in July 2014.

I first received a call from the recruiting department who asked me some basic qualification questions. After a conversation with recruiting, a phone interview was scheduled to speak with the department manager and a few employees. After the telephone interview, recruiting called later that day to schedule an on-site interview (I live out of state and the company paid for round trip airfare, a rental car, hotel, and lunch). The on-site interview took about 5 hours, but it was very laid back and included meeting other employees, lunch, practice assessment, and a tour of Columbia.

Interview Questions
    • Out of your list of skills, what is your biggest strength?   View Answer
    • Describe a time where you had conflict in he work place. How did you resolve this issue?   Answer Question
    Did not try to negotiate.

Systems Software Prog Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross.

Applied online, received a call a couple weeks later, then was contacted for an in-person interview. The interview was about 2 hours with the manager. Did not hear back for over six weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Basic technical questions on past experience and skills.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross.

The process takes about a month. It begins with a phone interview from the HR department, followed by members of the department for which you are seeking employment. You may interview with three to five individuals.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to state what you can contribute to department, division and company   Answer Question
    I was asked my salary requirements and the negotiation begin, Happy with end result.

IT Support Interview

It was very cookie cutter, they contract all their recruiting for technical roles, so it's all questions you have heard before. Office was nice, multiple interviewers, felt intimidating at first... But literally just a same old interview.

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross in May 2014.

I applied online through indeed.com and after I sent in my application I received an assessment to do online which I must have passed because a week later I received a phone interview. After talking with the phone interviewer I moved on to the actual in person interview. I arrived prompt at 7 am and was lead back to a room with two ladies whom interviewed me. There were several sections to the process. I came prepared with the usual interview questions like: strengths weakness, about me and other usual questions however I was not prepared for 5 pages of scenario questions. Like tell me about a time when you made a mistake how did you fix it? Tell me what would you do if you had a new supervisor how would you work around them. Tell me about a time you came upon a problem this and that. After all those questions they gave me a paper interview asking me several questions how I would handle a client. After all that they came back into the room and did some role playing. After the role playing exercise they gave me the opportunity to ask some questions. I was not offered a job however when I asked them my questions they were surprised by my questions. So my suggestion would be come prepared to the best of your ability. I asked them why do they like working there? Is there anything i can do in my first 90 days that would ensure my success at bcbs. I also asked them if they had any constructive criticism for me. They do hair test and background tests.

Interview Questions
    • The 5 pages of what did you do or what would you do if..... Very very hard   Answer Question