Blue Cross

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales/Marketing Interview

Sales/Marketing

Interviewed at Blue Cross

Interview Details – They are very deliberate and very careful, asking a lot of very detailed and thorough questions.

Interview Question – What did you like most about your last position?   View Answer

Administrative Interview

Administrative

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Blue Cross.

Interview Details – When you first apply, you will be scheduled for a test based on the position. If you pass the test look to be scheduled for and interview. This may take weeks or months, it depends on when they are ready to hire people. If you get a interview they will call you if hired. You can always call and get a update. If you pass the test and not hired your score will stay on file. You will not have to take the test again. if you fail you will have to wait 6 months to retest.

Interview Question – Interview was a easy process.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through career services. Had an interview within a few days. General questions about my resume and interest in working at Blue Cross. It is important to convey to them that you are interested in working in certain specific departments as they aren't evaluating you as a whole but in context of where they can fit you in.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or technical.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Blue Cross

Interview Details – Friendly people and a very lax interview. Unfortunately, there were no positions open at the time.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you worked with others to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Claims Examiner Interview

Claims Examiner

Interviewed at Blue Cross

Interview Details – Two interviews. One with HR. She seemed very uninterested and drilled me with robotic questions. She was older (I was way younger) and appeared to be judgemental and it really seemed to bother her that I was leaving my previous employment in pursuit of a new one. But because I passed all of the pretests with flying colors, she had no choice but to pass my resume on to the hiring manager. The second interview was with the hiring manager. She was extremely friendly and had an awesome personality.

Interview Question – Why would you want to leave where you're at now? It seems like an ok job.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Customer Advocate Interview

Customer Advocate
Largo, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross in September 2013.

Interview Details – Duties include researching unpaid claims, providing Home Plan with resubmitted claims, corrections, EOB’s, appeals, and closing paid claims efficiently. Operating multi-line phone system. Provider research via the intranet, and several BCBS applications. Training peers on BCBS applications, and upholding HIPAA laws. Performing other office duties, faxing, copying, mailing, and monthly calendar upkeep.

Interview Question – No questions were unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No terms to negotiate. Everything was clear and outlined

Lac Interview

Lac
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview was over the phone. A week or so later, I had an in person interview with 3 people.

Interview Question – Questions were not too difficult.   Answer Question

Associate Actuary Interview

Associate Actuary
Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Blue Cross in July 2013.

Interview Details – One online question list first, then the Hiring manager called though the phone with some basic question, like tell me about your internship and why you interested in being an actuary. Finally they invited me to go their office for face to face interview. It was six and half hours long with no offer. I don't know why and before the interview I did not get any sleep because the flight. My interview was in taxes and I lived in California, the worst thing was the flight ticket that they booked for me was canceled so I have to take red eye flight from 12:00am to 6:00am. Then I had 6.5 hours for the interview. I don't want to make any comments for this unfair interview.

Interview Question – I don't think there is any   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Louisville, KY

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Blue Cross in July 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was conducted at first through an agency, then with BCBS. I met with two VPs at the HQ. The process was pleasant.

Interview Question – There were no really difficult questions or unexpected ones. I am trained in the interview process.   Answer Question

Customer Service Professional Interview

Customer Service Professional
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blue Cross.

Interview Details – I've interviewed for the same position twice and it seemed as If I interviewed with the same person. The one person I interviewed with didn't seem interested at all with the interview. When I noticed that, I then lost a bit of interest and my answers we not good for the remaining of the interview.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to deal with a difficult employee and what was your actions?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blue Cross