Blue Cross (MA)

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Quincy, MA

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Blue Cross (MA) in June 2011.

Interview Details – Waste of time, very poor communication from HR.

I had three phone interviews and two rounds of on-site interviews with the recruiter (s), hiring manger and two other senior roles. It was a MONTH between my phone interview/screen with HR before I was contacted about a second phone interview. Then another month before a round of in-person interviews. Then another 2 weeks, and another round of in-person interviews. I was asked to submit references and background check materials the next day, and never heard back. A MONTH later, I was notified that they had selected an internal candidate.

Turns out to be their loss since the position I found in the interim was a much, much better fit with better pay. However, I'd caution anyone applying with this org. that the process moves VERY slowly.

I would also place the blame on HR, and not the hiring manager. I would assume this was a case of poor communication between the HR department and the candidate. The overall interview process was very straightforward.

Interview Question – Mainly behavioral questions, some general industry knowledge, trying to get a sense of why I was leaving my current role.   Answer Question

Worked for Blue Cross (MA)? Contribute to the Community!