Blue Cross (MI) Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in April 2014.

I applied for the position and was scheduled for a skype interview shortly after that. The interview was easy enough and mostly had general questions about my college experience, goals for my career, and what I expected out of the internship. They then told me the responsibilities I would have and asked how I would be suited for those tasks.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI).

Applied online. Took a test online along with mock customer service call. Received a phone call and had a telephone interview. Simple question. Must of passed because I was scheduled for a Face to Face interview. Went to a panel interview in from of 3 people . Basic questions, most were situational. Interviewers were nice. Said they would let me know. Applied online, 3 days later received phone interview, week later went to Panel Interview. Havent heard anything yet and it has been a week since my interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle it if you gave a customer the wrong information and found out about the error days after your phone conversation with customer.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI).

Applied online and did not hear back for a couple months. Had a Skype interview and there were 4-5 managers there asking questions. All behavioral-based with some accounting questions thrown in as well.

Interview Questions
    • A journal entry question that included unearned revenue   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in April 2013.

If you are selected for an interview after applying, you will be contacted by the department's HR representative to set up an interview. Typically you will have 2 interviews, one with the manager(s) and one with other analysts. Sometimes this is combined into one interview.

My experience thus far has been the information contained in the job posts tend to be much broader than what you will be asked about in the interview. All they really want to know is what you know and what you have done. For example, my job post contained a items on National Healthcare Reform but there was no discussion of policy in the interview.

Interview Questions
    • "Since you don't have much technical experience in the programs we work with, why should we choose you over someone who does?"   Answer Question
    Based off my experience and conversations with other employees, salary-negotiation is very difficult. My offer was offered to me informally in conversation and my acceptance of the offer in conversation was taken as my official acceptance, without the documentation or anything like that.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in December 2013.

HR rep did quick, get-to-know me phone interview. After the phone interview, I was asked if I was interested in position and set me up with face-to-face interview with two hiring managers. Managers discussed their department, their roles and then asked me about my experience. A laid back interview, both took turns asking questions of my skill set and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about when you made a error/mistake? What did you learn from that and how you applied the learnings to another situation?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in September 2013.

Interviewers were prepared and reviewed resume prior to the interview. Questions were objective and assessed skills

Interview Questions
    • Did not encounter an unexpected or difficult question. Prior to interview I prepared by researching and reviewing the information pertaining to the area   Answer Question
    Internal candidates do not have negotiation - pay and benefits driven by HR policies

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in February 2011.

interview process was simple and stright forward, confidence is the key, not matter what. Even if you could not answer the question completely.

Interview Questions
    • question were simple and all expected ones for a basic programmer.   Answer Question
    can negotiate

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in July 2009.

Group interview with team leaders in the department. Basic questions about strengths, weaknesses, long and short-term goals, situational questions relating to service.

No negotiating. You take or leave offer.

Team Leader II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI).

The interview process is in-person and generally with 1 member of the staff who is a colleague and another who you will be reporting to. It's usually with a set number of questions, often behavioral and situational rather than topic based.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate.

IT Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in May 2013.

First step was a 10 minute phone interview to get to know one another a little. The second interview should have been in person but since I was interview for a separate location that where I currently live they accommodation this with a phone interview. The second interview was with the hiring manager who described the type of projects I would be involved with and my expectations as an intern. Overall both interview went well and the company seems great!

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say most difficult or unexpected but rather challenging in the way they pick your brain. The question along the lines of, what would you like to be working on at the company? Right away a question like this is intimidating but welcoming as well, it shows the type of work environment the company shares with all employees - even the interns.   Answer Question

Worked for Blue Cross (MI)? Contribute to the Community!