Blue Cross (MI)

29 candidate interviews

Regional Manager Interview

Regional Manager
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in February 2012.

Interview Details – Good practical sales as well as skilled related interview process.

Interview Question – Regarding positive and negative aspects.   View Answer

Corporate Strategy Intern Interview

Corporate Strategy Intern
Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in April 2012.

Interview Details – Case based, I wasn't prepared for it and subsequently performed poorly. Interviewer was lackadaisical, I knew he wasn't going to select me for the position anyway. He came off as somewhat rude and abrasive. It's partly my fault for not finding out earlier that it was to be a case interview.

Interview Question – A case question I can't quite remember   Answer Question

Value Partnerships Analyst Interview

Value Partnerships Analyst
Southfield, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in March 2011.

Interview Details – 2 group/panel interviews, one on campus, one at their offices. I never heard anything back, not even a "thank you, but no thank you".

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had a bad experience working in a group? or had a group member that you had a conflict with?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Entry Level Staff Accountant Interview

Entry Level Staff Accountant
Detroit, MI

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by an hr type to setup an interview for the following week and was told that it was going to be a technical interview given by two people. The following week they called me right on time. They then asked me some very general questions such as tell me about yourself. there were no give me a time when.... They then asked me one technical question and abruptly finished the interview after I had finished answering. I am confident that my answer was on target. the following business day they called to let me know that they will keep me in mind for the future, however they had narrowed the field down to two and I was not one of those two.

Interview Question – how do you make a journal entry when the bank sends you a statement that there was a fee removed from your account (debit/credit)   Answer Question

IT Audit Interview

IT Audit

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in April 2011.

Interview Details – First was the phone interview with BX recruiter. It went very well and the person I spoke with was very knowledgeable about the position and responsibilities.

Based on the discussion during the face to face, I should never have been asked to proceed. While I was familiar with specific knowledge they were looking for, I am not an expert or even a beginner and have no desire to work in that area. The most questions were related to previous experience and "how did you handle X situation". I found some of the questions vague and the interviewer seemed to be looking for a response without wanting to clarify the question.

Interview Question – How would you sell yourself to me?   View Answer

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in February 2011.

Interview Details – interview process was simple and stright forward, confidence is the key, not matter what. Even if you could not answer the question completely.

Interview Question – question were simple and all expected ones for a basic programmer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – can negotiate

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in December 2013.

Interview Details – HR rep did quick, get-to-know me phone interview. After the phone interview, I was asked if I was interested in position and set me up with face-to-face interview with two hiring managers. Managers discussed their department, their roles and then asked me about my experience. A laid back interview, both took turns asking questions of my skill set and experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about when you made a error/mistake? What did you learn from that and how you applied the learnings to another situation?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in April 2013.

Interview Details – If you are selected for an interview after applying, you will be contacted by the department's HR representative to set up an interview. Typically you will have 2 interviews, one with the manager(s) and one with other analysts. Sometimes this is combined into one interview.

My experience thus far has been the information contained in the job posts tend to be much broader than what you will be asked about in the interview. All they really want to know is what you know and what you have done. For example, my job post contained a items on National Healthcare Reform but there was no discussion of policy in the interview.

Interview Question – "Since you don't have much technical experience in the programs we work with, why should we choose you over someone who does?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Based off my experience and conversations with other employees, salary-negotiation is very difficult. My offer was offered to me informally in conversation and my acceptance of the offer in conversation was taken as my official acceptance, without the documentation or anything like that.

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Call Center Supervisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI).

Interview Details – Unprofessional first interview. Second interview was great.

Interview Question – Do you think you could work with one of the interviewers as they have a bad attitude?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Customer Service Representative II
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in July 2009.

Interview Details – Group interview with team leaders in the department. Basic questions about strengths, weaknesses, long and short-term goals, situational questions relating to service.

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. You take or leave offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blue Cross (MI)

Worked for Blue Cross (MI)? Contribute to the Community!