Blue Cross (MI)

29 candidate interviews

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in April 2013.

Interview Details – If you are selected for an interview after applying, you will be contacted by the department's HR representative to set up an interview. Typically you will have 2 interviews, one with the manager(s) and one with other analysts. Sometimes this is combined into one interview.

My experience thus far has been the information contained in the job posts tend to be much broader than what you will be asked about in the interview. All they really want to know is what you know and what you have done. For example, my job post contained a items on National Healthcare Reform but there was no discussion of policy in the interview.

Interview Question – "Since you don't have much technical experience in the programs we work with, why should we choose you over someone who does?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Based off my experience and conversations with other employees, salary-negotiation is very difficult. My offer was offered to me informally in conversation and my acceptance of the offer in conversation was taken as my official acceptance, without the documentation or anything like that.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in December 2013.

Interview Details – HR rep did quick, get-to-know me phone interview. After the phone interview, I was asked if I was interested in position and set me up with face-to-face interview with two hiring managers. Managers discussed their department, their roles and then asked me about my experience. A laid back interview, both took turns asking questions of my skill set and experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about when you made a error/mistake? What did you learn from that and how you applied the learnings to another situation?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Detroit, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewers were prepared and reviewed resume prior to the interview. Questions were objective and assessed skills

Interview Question – Did not encounter an unexpected or difficult question. Prior to interview I prepared by researching and reviewing the information pertaining to the area   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Internal candidates do not have negotiation - pay and benefits driven by HR policies

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in February 2011.

Interview Details – interview process was simple and stright forward, confidence is the key, not matter what. Even if you could not answer the question completely.

Interview Question – question were simple and all expected ones for a basic programmer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – can negotiate

Regional Manager Interview

Regional Manager
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in February 2012.

Interview Details – Good practical sales as well as skilled related interview process.

Interview Question – Regarding positive and negative aspects.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Customer Service Representative II
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in July 2009.

Interview Details – Group interview with team leaders in the department. Basic questions about strengths, weaknesses, long and short-term goals, situational questions relating to service.

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. You take or leave offer.

Team Leader II Interview

Team Leader II

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI).

Interview Details – The interview process is in-person and generally with 1 member of the staff who is a colleague and another who you will be reporting to. It's usually with a set number of questions, often behavioral and situational rather than topic based.

Interview Question – What would you do if... questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate.

IT Internship Interview

IT Internship

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in May 2013.

Interview Details – First step was a 10 minute phone interview to get to know one another a little. The second interview should have been in person but since I was interview for a separate location that where I currently live they accommodation this with a phone interview. The second interview was with the hiring manager who described the type of projects I would be involved with and my expectations as an intern. Overall both interview went well and the company seems great!

Interview Question – I wouldn't say most difficult or unexpected but rather challenging in the way they pick your brain. The question along the lines of, what would you like to be working on at the company? Right away a question like this is intimidating but welcoming as well, it shows the type of work environment the company shares with all employees - even the interns.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Finance Interview

Finance

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Blue Cross (MI).

Interview Details – 2 interviewers, general behavioral questions

Interview Question – all are expected   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI).

Interview Details – The hiring process was surprisingly easy and stress free. I attended a career fair and spoke with the recruiter, who was very enthusiastic about my major/background. I then attended the information session, networked a bit more, applied online and heard back relatively quickly.

The interview was a simple over-the-phone/skype interview. Super quick, very basic questions (there were maybe a few behavioral questions, but not much), and I heard back within a couple of hours saying I got the position.

Interview Question – None really! Just make sure you know your resume, your experiences and be able to explain how you can benefit them and be a great summer intern.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The internship was pretty structured. But if you had extenuating situations, you could bring it up to them and they'd probably try to best accomodate you.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blue Cross (MI)

Worked for Blue Cross (MI)? Contribute to the Community!