Blue Cross (MI) Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.7

Health Care Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI).

I applied online. I got a call to do a phone interview. Did phone interview. Did onsite interview within 2 weeks. Was offered the position within another week.

Interview Questions
    • None of them. They were all about my experience. No out of the norm questions. It was more of an open discussion about our field and about what I had done since college.   Answer Question
    They called me to tell me that an offer was coming the next day but that I was being hired. They called the next day to present my package, I was more than happy and accepted as is.

Rocessor II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in July 2012.

Submitted resume in July.Called on the 6th for interview. Told me I'd be notified on the 8th. I sent 2 emails, no reponse. Called me 9/13 to offer. After letting my current employer know I was leaving I got an email to tell me the position was filled

Interview Questions
    • All Questioned easy!! Nothing unexpected. What computer programs do you know how to use?   Answer Question

Auditor III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in July 2012.

Be ready to take a day off from work and come for an interview and not hear for weeks. Management constantly changes mind, and positions are eliminated after seeing people for even two interviews. They do not respect qualifications and experience. They want people who fit the management mold, kind of 'yes' men/women who are political an extroverted.

Interview Questions

Not comfortable with the management and their style... just a hunch that these are not trustworthy people..

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in May 2012.

I had the opportunity to interview with BCBS. Was a little surprised that they didn't request a phone interview first. Upon arrival, I checked in at the desk and was given a badge. The interviewer came out to greet me. Although there wasn't a conference room available, we pulled up a few chairs near a window and got started. I actually enjoyed this better than a conference room, it felt more comfortable. The interviewer was the manager as well and very personable. Pretty much all of the questions were about past experience (specifically of JAD sessions, BRD and Use Cases). She said the skill she was looking for the most was the ability to work with others so expect a lot of questions in that regard. She spent a lot of time explaining hierarchy and the work environment. Typical "corporate like" structure. Too bad I didn't get the job, she seems like an awesome manager to work for. It was a great interview experience as well. Also, they got back to me within a few days to confirm I didn't get the job so I wasn't left hanging.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you facilitated JAD sessions at your past job.   View Answer

Corporate Strategy Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in April 2012.

Case based, I wasn't prepared for it and subsequently performed poorly. Interviewer was lackadaisical, I knew he wasn't going to select me for the position anyway. He came off as somewhat rude and abrasive. It's partly my fault for not finding out earlier that it was to be a case interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in March 2012.

Average interview process. I believe Blue Cross is more concerned about saving money than giving perspective employees a chance at a career. Hires 200 + interns just for the summer.

Entry Level Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in August 2011.

I was first contacted by an hr type to setup an interview for the following week and was told that it was going to be a technical interview given by two people. The following week they called me right on time. They then asked me some very general questions such as tell me about yourself. there were no give me a time when.... They then asked me one technical question and abruptly finished the interview after I had finished answering. I am confident that my answer was on target. the following business day they called to let me know that they will keep me in mind for the future, however they had narrowed the field down to two and I was not one of those two.

Interview Questions
    • how do you make a journal entry when the bank sends you a statement that there was a fee removed from your account (debit/credit)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in May 2011.

I knew the director from working at BCBSM last summer. It was very straightforward, a lot of fit questions and a good amount of situational questions. Very straightforward.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in March 2011.

Panel of managers and one senior manager. Questions about prior work and technical questions.

Value Partnerships Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in March 2011.

2 group/panel interviews, one on campus, one at their offices. I never heard anything back, not even a "thank you, but no thank you".

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had a bad experience working in a group? or had a group member that you had a conflict with?   Answer Question