Blue Cross (MI)

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.7

Team Leader II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI).

The interview process is in-person and generally with 1 member of the staff who is a colleague and another who you will be reporting to. It's usually with a set number of questions, often behavioral and situational rather than topic based.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate.

IT Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in May 2013.

First step was a 10 minute phone interview to get to know one another a little. The second interview should have been in person but since I was interview for a separate location that where I currently live they accommodation this with a phone interview. The second interview was with the hiring manager who described the type of projects I would be involved with and my expectations as an intern. Overall both interview went well and the company seems great!

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say most difficult or unexpected but rather challenging in the way they pick your brain. The question along the lines of, what would you like to be working on at the company? Right away a question like this is intimidating but welcoming as well, it shows the type of work environment the company shares with all employees - even the interns.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in April 2013.

If you are selected for an interview after applying, you will be contacted by the department's HR representative to set up an interview. Typically you will have 2 interviews, one with the manager(s) and one with other analysts. Sometimes this is combined into one interview.

My experience thus far has been the information contained in the job posts tend to be much broader than what you will be asked about in the interview. All they really want to know is what you know and what you have done. For example, my job post contained a items on National Healthcare Reform but there was no discussion of policy in the interview.

Interview Questions
    • "Since you don't have much technical experience in the programs we work with, why should we choose you over someone who does?"   Answer Question
    Based off my experience and conversations with other employees, salary-negotiation is very difficult. My offer was offered to me informally in conversation and my acceptance of the offer in conversation was taken as my official acceptance, without the documentation or anything like that.

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Blue Cross (MI).

2 interviewers, general behavioral questions

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI).

The hiring process was surprisingly easy and stress free. I attended a career fair and spoke with the recruiter, who was very enthusiastic about my major/background. I then attended the information session, networked a bit more, applied online and heard back relatively quickly.

The interview was a simple over-the-phone/skype interview. Super quick, very basic questions (there were maybe a few behavioral questions, but not much), and I heard back within a couple of hours saying I got the position.

Interview Questions
    • None really! Just make sure you know your resume, your experiences and be able to explain how you can benefit them and be a great summer intern.   Answer Question
    The internship was pretty structured. But if you had extenuating situations, you could bring it up to them and they'd probably try to best accomodate you.

Health Care Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI).

I applied online. I got a call to do a phone interview. Did phone interview. Did onsite interview within 2 weeks. Was offered the position within another week.

Interview Questions
    • None of them. They were all about my experience. No out of the norm questions. It was more of an open discussion about our field and about what I had done since college.   Answer Question
    They called me to tell me that an offer was coming the next day but that I was being hired. They called the next day to present my package, I was more than happy and accepted as is.

Rocessor II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in July 2012.

Submitted resume in July.Called on the 6th for interview. Told me I'd be notified on the 8th. I sent 2 emails, no reponse. Called me 9/13 to offer. After letting my current employer know I was leaving I got an email to tell me the position was filled

Interview Questions
    • All Questioned easy!! Nothing unexpected. What computer programs do you know how to use?   Answer Question

Auditor III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in July 2012.

Be ready to take a day off from work and come for an interview and not hear for weeks. Management constantly changes mind, and positions are eliminated after seeing people for even two interviews. They do not respect qualifications and experience. They want people who fit the management mold, kind of 'yes' men/women who are political an extroverted.

Interview Questions

Not comfortable with the management and their style... just a hunch that these are not trustworthy people..

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in May 2012.

I had the opportunity to interview with BCBS. Was a little surprised that they didn't request a phone interview first. Upon arrival, I checked in at the desk and was given a badge. The interviewer came out to greet me. Although there wasn't a conference room available, we pulled up a few chairs near a window and got started. I actually enjoyed this better than a conference room, it felt more comfortable. The interviewer was the manager as well and very personable. Pretty much all of the questions were about past experience (specifically of JAD sessions, BRD and Use Cases). She said the skill she was looking for the most was the ability to work with others so expect a lot of questions in that regard. She spent a lot of time explaining hierarchy and the work environment. Typical "corporate like" structure. Too bad I didn't get the job, she seems like an awesome manager to work for. It was a great interview experience as well. Also, they got back to me within a few days to confirm I didn't get the job so I wasn't left hanging.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you facilitated JAD sessions at your past job.   View Answer

Corporate Strategy Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in April 2012.

Case based, I wasn't prepared for it and subsequently performed poorly. Interviewer was lackadaisical, I knew he wasn't going to select me for the position anyway. He came off as somewhat rude and abrasive. It's partly my fault for not finding out earlier that it was to be a case interview.