Blue Cross (MI)

Relevance Date Difficulty

Health Care Analyst Interview

Health Care Analyst
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI).

Interview Details – I applied online. I got a call to do a phone interview. Did phone interview. Did onsite interview within 2 weeks. Was offered the position within another week.

Interview Question – None of them. They were all about my experience. No out of the norm questions. It was more of an open discussion about our field and about what I had done since college.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called me to tell me that an offer was coming the next day but that I was being hired. They called the next day to present my package, I was more than happy and accepted as is.

Intern Interview

Intern
Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in March 2012.

Interview Details – Average interview process. I believe Blue Cross is more concerned about saving money than giving perspective employees a chance at a career. Hires 200 + interns just for the summer.

Interview Question – What was your most challenging task in college?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Rocessor II Interview

Rocessor II
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in July 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted resume in July.Called on the 6th for interview. Told me I'd be notified on the 8th. I sent 2 emails, no reponse. Called me 9/13 to offer. After letting my current employer know I was leaving I got an email to tell me the position was filled

Interview Question – All Questioned easy!! Nothing unexpected. What computer programs do you know how to use?   Answer Question

Auditor III Interview

Auditor III
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in July 2012.

Interview Details – Be ready to take a day off from work and come for an interview and not hear for weeks. Management constantly changes mind, and positions are eliminated after seeing people for even two interviews. They do not respect qualifications and experience. They want people who fit the management mold, kind of 'yes' men/women who are political an extroverted.

Interview Question – Why are you the best candidatefor this job?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not comfortable with the management and their style... just a hunch that these are not trustworthy people..

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Detroit, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in May 2012.

Interview Details – I had the opportunity to interview with BCBS. Was a little surprised that they didn't request a phone interview first. Upon arrival, I checked in at the desk and was given a badge. The interviewer came out to greet me. Although there wasn't a conference room available, we pulled up a few chairs near a window and got started. I actually enjoyed this better than a conference room, it felt more comfortable. The interviewer was the manager as well and very personable. Pretty much all of the questions were about past experience (specifically of JAD sessions, BRD and Use Cases). She said the skill she was looking for the most was the ability to work with others so expect a lot of questions in that regard. She spent a lot of time explaining hierarchy and the work environment. Typical "corporate like" structure. Too bad I didn't get the job, she seems like an awesome manager to work for. It was a great interview experience as well. Also, they got back to me within a few days to confirm I didn't get the job so I wasn't left hanging.

Interview Question – Explain how you facilitated JAD sessions at your past job.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Southfield, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in May 2011.

Interview Details – I knew the director from working at BCBSM last summer. It was very straightforward, a lot of fit questions and a good amount of situational questions. Very straightforward.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you faced a challenge.   Answer Question

Entry Level Staff Accountant Interview

Entry Level Staff Accountant
Detroit, MI

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by an hr type to setup an interview for the following week and was told that it was going to be a technical interview given by two people. The following week they called me right on time. They then asked me some very general questions such as tell me about yourself. there were no give me a time when.... They then asked me one technical question and abruptly finished the interview after I had finished answering. I am confident that my answer was on target. the following business day they called to let me know that they will keep me in mind for the future, however they had narrowed the field down to two and I was not one of those two.

Interview Question – how do you make a journal entry when the bank sends you a statement that there was a fee removed from your account (debit/credit)   Answer Question

Value Partnerships Analyst Interview

Value Partnerships Analyst
Southfield, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in March 2011.

Interview Details – 2 group/panel interviews, one on campus, one at their offices. I never heard anything back, not even a "thank you, but no thank you".

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had a bad experience working in a group? or had a group member that you had a conflict with?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Southfield, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in March 2011.

Interview Details – Panel of managers and one senior manager. Questions about prior work and technical questions.

Interview Question – What do you know about Blue Cross?   View Answers (2)

Health Care Analyst Interview

Health Care Analyst
Southfield, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in March 2010.

Interview Details – The overall experience was extremely positive. There was only one interview with managers in the division. The people appeared very intelligent and reflective. The working environment seemed less about socializing and more about producing quality work. Interview candidates should be very formal during the interview and be prepared to talk in depth about prior experiences.

Interview Question – Specific questions about prior research experience (ex. why did you use this method for analysis?)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blue Cross (MI)