Blue Cross (MI)

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in March 2012.

Average interview process. I believe Blue Cross is more concerned about saving money than giving perspective employees a chance at a career. Hires 200 + interns just for the summer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in January 2012.

Phone Interview to see where you'd like to be placed, then group Skype interview with higher ups and hiring manger. Nothing too intense, but moves pretty fast if they want you. This might be bad for those wanting a more drawn out process to decide on other offers.

Interview Questions
    • What's a challenge you facing in life and how will that work in regards to your work process and how you interact with others?   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase.

Entry Level Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in August 2011.

I was first contacted by an hr type to setup an interview for the following week and was told that it was going to be a technical interview given by two people. The following week they called me right on time. They then asked me some very general questions such as tell me about yourself. there were no give me a time when.... They then asked me one technical question and abruptly finished the interview after I had finished answering. I am confident that my answer was on target. the following business day they called to let me know that they will keep me in mind for the future, however they had narrowed the field down to two and I was not one of those two.

Interview Questions
    • how do you make a journal entry when the bank sends you a statement that there was a fee removed from your account (debit/credit)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in May 2011.

I knew the director from working at BCBSM last summer. It was very straightforward, a lot of fit questions and a good amount of situational questions. Very straightforward.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in March 2011.

Panel of managers and one senior manager. Questions about prior work and technical questions.

Value Partnerships Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in March 2011.

2 group/panel interviews, one on campus, one at their offices. I never heard anything back, not even a "thank you, but no thank you".

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had a bad experience working in a group? or had a group member that you had a conflict with?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in February 2011.

interview process was simple and stright forward, confidence is the key, not matter what. Even if you could not answer the question completely.

Interview Questions
    • question were simple and all expected ones for a basic programmer.   Answer Question
    can negotiate

Health Care Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in March 2010.

The overall experience was extremely positive. There was only one interview with managers in the division. The people appeared very intelligent and reflective. The working environment seemed less about socializing and more about producing quality work. Interview candidates should be very formal during the interview and be prepared to talk in depth about prior experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions about prior research experience (ex. why did you use this method for analysis?)   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in July 2009.

Group interview with team leaders in the department. Basic questions about strengths, weaknesses, long and short-term goals, situational questions relating to service.

No negotiating. You take or leave offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in May 2009.

Basic questions: strenghts/weaknesses, something about your self, what will you bring to the company...