Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association

2.8

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

The process takes about a month. It begins with a phone interview from the HR department, followed by members of the department for which you are seeking employment. You may interview with three to five individuals.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to state what you can contribute to department, division and company   Answer Question
    I was asked my salary requirements and the negotiation begin, Happy with end result.

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

Professional in the beginning - Managers and team were very nice -

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association in April 2014.

Although BCBSA has a "strategic recruiting" framework, the interview process does not seem to impact the decision very much. Most people get hired because they are the right place and right time but most importantly - they know the right person.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like to do?.   View Answer
    • How do you feel when someone turns you down? How does that affect you?
      How do you pick yourself up after a disappointment (or turn down)?
      How do you tailor your behavior when speaking to different people; for example, a colleague versus a supervisor?

View Answer

Consultant, Licensure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association in March 2014.

Applied online December 2013. Received a phone call from HR February 2014. Subsequently did two phone interviews - one with HR rep and the other with the hiring manager. Following those two phone interviews, had an in-person interview with six different people throughout the organization, meeting with each individually for about 30 minutes. Following the interview, I was told I would have an answer within two weeks. It ended up taking about 4-5 weeks to finally get an answer.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

I applied online and they called back. Invited me to an in person interview. They told me they would take a week. All was fine. Until after the interview, when they completely ignored me. It was extremely unprofessional. I wrote a followup email, I called. Not only did they not return my email, I called the lady, she picked up and hung up on me. What is this? This is a well established company and yet the HR is ridiculously unprofessional? In the end, I took another offer. Whatever. Screw you Blue Cross. I hope whoever you hired accepted the offer and choke on the last day and decided to not take it. And looking at other reviews, this is not the first time that they completely ignored an applicant after an interview. I don't get it. If you don't want to pursue someone, there's nothing wrong or that time consuming about a phone call or an email.

Interview Questions
    • Interview itself was okay. Not too difficult or out of the box.   Answer Question

Intern- Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association in April 2013.

1 shot interview with two directors of strategic operations and one with director of talent aquisition, simple process, painless, good communication, I don't know why some other people posting on here had a bad experience. Mainly behavorial questions, took a week for them to get back to me, accepted offer.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association in February 2013.

Applied through career services. Had an interview within a few days. General questions about my resume and interest in working at Blue Cross. It is important to convey to them that you are interested in working in certain specific departments as they aren't evaluating you as a whole but in context of where they can fit you in.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association in July 2012.

A recruiter will contact you and ask some questions by phone. Then the hiring manager will speak to you by phone. If they are still interested in speaking with you, they will bring you in for an interview with several people individually.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual was asked. All questions were relevant and logical.   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association in April 2012.

Applied thru the career fair.. Got an interview call..Interviewed by three managers

Underwritting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association in February 2012.

Great interviewing team, extremely down to earth. As soon as you walk into the interview room with the panel they transmit a feeling of tranquility. Most questions were associated with past experiences related to customer service or school related questions.