Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated May 25, 2015

2.8

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Was contacted after resume was seen Had interview with initial recruiter which went well was recommended to move forward was contacted a day or 2 later talked with another manager who stated they enjoyed my conversation so now on 3rd interview with technical manager ...not sure what to expect but hopeful

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Pretty straightforward, first a call from the HR manager who did most of the talking and then a second round with the manager that would be overlooking my job. Whole process took about a month.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

4 month process. Submitted online, got call from recruiter 2 months later, then phone interviews with recruiter and hiring manager. Process was not as described by recruiter and way too long. Recruiter was very clear up front in defining the interview stages and timing (his interview, hiring manager chat, 1-2 weeks for decision-making on panel interviews that would take about 4 hours), then very unclear and even evasive about where they were in their interview process - not inspiring when someone interviews for a senior comms role with exec stakeholders. Luckily I received an offer from another company and took it.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter's questions were standard - work, my titles, a few questions about the teams I partnered with - comprehensive to work history, then interviewed with the hiring manager, for 30 min - more of a meet and greet with a flavor of how we'd work together which was a great element, he asked at the end what I'd see as my biggest challenge coming into the role.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process takes about a month. It begins with a phone interview from the HR department, followed by members of the department for which you are seeking employment. You may interview with three to five individuals.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to state what you can contribute to department, division and company   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked my salary requirements and the negotiation begin, Happy with end result.

Proposal Writer Interview

Application

Interview

Professional in the beginning - Managers and team were very nice -

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Although BCBSA has a "strategic recruiting" framework, the interview process does not seem to impact the decision very much. Most people get hired because they are the right place and right time but most importantly - they know the right person.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do?.   1 Answer
    • How do you feel when someone turns you down? How does that affect you?
      How do you pick yourself up after a disappointment (or turn down)?
      How do you tailor your behavior when speaking to different people; for example, a colleague versus a supervisor?

1 Answer

Consultant, Licensure Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online December 2013. Received a phone call from HR February 2014. Subsequently did two phone interviews - one with HR rep and the other with the hiring manager. Following those two phone interviews, had an in-person interview with six different people throughout the organization, meeting with each individually for about 30 minutes. Following the interview, I was told I would have an answer within two weeks. It ended up taking about 4-5 weeks to finally get an answer.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

The recruit process consisted of a phone interviewer and then an in person interview with a manager. The interviews were about 30 minutes each. The interviewers prefer you ask questions about the organization and internship. Interviews were relaxed and non-stressful. The organization has a faced paced and culture friendly working environment.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and they called back. Invited me to an in person interview. They told me they would take a week. All was fine. Until after the interview, when they completely ignored me. It was extremely unprofessional. I wrote a followup email, I called. Not only did they not return my email, I called the lady, she picked up and hung up on me. What is this? This is a well established company and yet the HR is ridiculously unprofessional? In the end, I took another offer. Whatever. Screw you Blue Cross. I hope whoever you hired accepted the offer and choke on the last day and decided to not take it. And looking at other reviews, this is not the first time that they completely ignored an applicant after an interview. I don't get it. If you don't want to pursue someone, there's nothing wrong or that time consuming about a phone call or an email.

Interview Questions

• Interview itself was okay. Not too difficult or out of the box.   Answer Question

Intern- Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

1 shot interview with two directors of strategic operations and one with director of talent aquisition, simple process, painless, good communication, I don't know why some other people posting on here had a bad experience. Mainly behavorial questions, took a week for them to get back to me, accepted offer.