Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.8

Financial Analyst/Budget Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I first did a phone interview which went over my overall skill set and a few questions about excel and job experience. The manager of the dept was very thorough about describing what he was looking for and the time line for the call backs. I was then called in for a in face interview. I met with 4 people. The first 2 interviewers were great. It was more of a conversation. They put me at east and asked a variety of questions. The 2nd interviewers were more work history questions and how I would handle certain situations. I asked if they had any doubts I could do the job successfully, they said no but I received an email later saying I was not chosen.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with an excel/access bridge? How strong are you in access/excel? What are your weaknesses. How would you handle having too much work? How would you handle someone who is not a team player? Give me a scenario where your leadership style failed?   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Richardson, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Not satisfied. Interview questions are not related to my skill set. the group panel are not at all friendly. it was video conference interview, voice was not clear. the recruiter didn't inform me earlier.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association in April 2015.

Interview

I had to submit an application online as well as a copy of my resume. Then followed a phone interview with my current supervisor. It was a great conversation on what I would bring to the company as well as on my personal experience.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Greensboro, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Provides second/third level technical support for Routing Protocols technologies to Cisco customers, partners, account teams, and other Technical Assistance Center engineers. -- Applies analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and network problems of moderate to high complexity. -- Assists customers in troubleshooting hardware/software related issues on various platforms. -- Provides technology/product training and intellectual property material as required. -- Acts as focal point for large account network problem resolution. -- Effectively utilizes moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems. -- Submits complete and correct bug reports in area of expertise. -- Interacts across TAC teams and development teams at peer level.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was a panel interview and was very low pressure.   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Was contacted after resume was seen Had interview with initial recruiter which went well was recommended to move forward was contacted a day or 2 later talked with another manager who stated they enjoyed my conversation so now on 3rd interview with technical manager ...not sure what to expect but hopeful

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Pretty straightforward, first a call from the HR manager who did most of the talking and then a second round with the manager that would be overlooking my job. Whole process took about a month.

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chattanooga, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

i had a phone interview then was sheduled for an actual interview, interview was with 2 people asking basic interview questions you would normally expect, what you expect from them etc..................................

Consultant, Government Programs Delivery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring process for this consultant position consisted of three rounds of interviews over the course of 3 months. However, the entire recruitment process (date of application submission to final decision) took 6 months. I applied for the position online, and a BCBSA internal recruiter contacted me about 7 weeks later to schedule a 15 minute phone screening (first round interview). Thereafter, I was immediately scheduled for a second round interview, a 30 minute phone conversation with the director. A month later, I was then scheduled for a final round on-site interview with the team. A month later the recruiter called to inform me they selected another external candidate. Both second and third round interviews were unstructured. Also noteworthy was the radio silence between each round of interview. I was told, for example, to expect an update within 2 weeks after the 2nd and 3rd round interviews; however, the team consistently blew their self-imposed deadlines and then ignored my phone calls and messages. This was a highly unpleasant recruitment experience.

Interview Questions

• What is something you don't like to do? Questions about working in a fast-paced work environment. Questions about time and project management.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

4 month process. Submitted online, got call from recruiter 2 months later, then phone interviews with recruiter and hiring manager. Process was not as described by recruiter and way too long. Recruiter was very clear up front in defining the interview stages and timing (his interview, hiring manager chat, 1-2 weeks for decision-making on panel interviews that would take about 4 hours), then very unclear and even evasive about where they were in their interview process - not inspiring when someone interviews for a senior comms role with exec stakeholders. Luckily I received an offer from another company and took it.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter's questions were standard - work, my titles, a few questions about the teams I partnered with - comprehensive to work history, then interviewed with the hiring manager, for 30 min - more of a meet and greet with a flavor of how we'd work together which was a great element, he asked at the end what I'd see as my biggest challenge coming into the role.   Answer Question

Customer Experience Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Durham, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was warm and friendly, and completed in a prompt and courteous fashion. The human resources representatives were very helpful and prompt to respond to my application and begin the candidate evaluation process. Once selected to move on to the next stage in the process, they helped by providing written directions to the site, a detailed interview agenda, and some preparatory discussion about what to expect. The actual site interviews were conducted with three different employees, but were completed very efficiently. The peer interviews were especially helpful. The management and senior management interviews were slightly disappointing because those resources did not have a tremendous amount of experience in the industry or with the technologies being used by their organizations. Ultimately, the process was fine, but the compensation package was so insufficient that had it been shared initially, I would have skipped the process. Hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you faced a significant challenge at work and how you responded.   1 Answer
    • What would you consider your biggest strengths?   1 Answer