Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

Customer Service Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Birmingham, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

Their process is long. applied online received a confirmation email same day. A week later test email. A week later interview. Still waiting to hear a job offer it can take 3-4 weeks after interview to hear anything back. Interview questions are behavioral based questions. All the usual ones.

Interview Questions

• What did you dislike about your old job? What did you like about it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Huntsville, AL) in August 2014.

Interview

First interview was a webcam interview and then I had face to face interview with two of the supervisors. Next was the background check then the drug screen. The process took about a month to complete.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is non negotiable

Inquiry Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Hoover, AL) in July 2014.

Interview

From Application to interview it took about a month. Received a email to take the assessment. Passed assessment, and was scheduled for a interview. Interview went pretty well. Employer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was name a situation where you had to make a difficult analysis.   1 Answer

Inquiry Process Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Birmingham, AL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online, called to come in and take their test. Passed their test and called to come in for an interview. Pretty much downhill from their. They saw that I was not female and it doesn't matter after that. I was not selected, however, my former coworker that were in the same position with less experience and coworkers that I was over in our previous company where hired.... All females. After speaking with coworkers that were selected they agree that BCBSAL HR discriminates against sex and race.

Interview Questions

• No question was difficult. HR rep was very snooty and unprofessional   Answer Question

Clinical Health Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. I ahd a face to face interview with a recruiter then with a hiring manager. I was told that they are checking my background and references.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama.

Interview

After taking call center assesment test, those that past are interviewed for position. Interview is a bit intimidating, but too bad. Interview is with HR recruiter and not management from the actual customer servcie department.

RN Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Birmingham, AL) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone screening by HR to review my resume. Then an interview in person with HR and then another with management I had to do personality testing and then an interview with a job psychologist.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to deal with more than you could handle and how you prioritized your work?   Answer Question

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Birmingham, AL) in January 2011.

Interview

Long detailed process. Took about 3-4 weeks to complete. Questions were very specific towards applied skills and abilities. During the interview there were several distractions that which tended to delay completion of the session. The interview panel were friendly and cordial. The environment was relaxed and casual which made the session more comfortable for me as the interviewee.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Birmingham, AL) in October 2009.

Interview

Received call and had a short conversation with the HR recruiter basicly verifying information provided on my resume. Following the call, an in house interview was scheduled at which i met with a few managers who i learned later each had a need for the position. Each asked some questions regarding their particular area of business.Afterward, took a short multi-choice "can you tie your shoes" test.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the evolution of healthcare in this country.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a phone call with an offer and explaining benefits. I declined the first offer citing salary needs. The next day i received a call with a more competitive offer which i accepted.

Customer Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Huntsville, AL) in May 2009.

Interview

I completed online application..Then I had a phone interview. I received a call to take a test. After the test, I received a call to complete a face to face interview, few days later they called to give me a tentative job offer pending drug test & background. I received a package in the mail containing salary, possible hire date, and the info for the drug test (location & time)

Interview Questions

• there wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions...just "tell me a time when" etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was not negotiation