Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama

Relevance Date Difficulty

Inquiry Process Analyst Interview

Inquiry Process Analyst
Hoover, AL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama in July 2014.

Interview Details – From Application to interview it took about a month. Received a email to take the assessment. Passed assessment, and was scheduled for a interview. Interview went pretty well. Employer was very nice.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was name a situation where you had to make a difficult analysis.   View Answer

Inquiry Process Trainee Interview

Inquiry Process Trainee
Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, called to come in and take their test. Passed their test and called to come in for an interview. Pretty much downhill from their. They saw that I was not female and it doesn't matter after that. I was not selected, however, my former coworker that were in the same position with less experience and coworkers that I was over in our previous company where hired.... All females. After speaking with coworkers that were selected they agree that BCBSAL HR discriminates against sex and race.

Interview Question – No question was difficult. HR rep was very snooty and unprofessional   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst
Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama in October 2009.

Interview Details – Received call and had a short conversation with the HR recruiter basicly verifying information provided on my resume. Following the call, an in house interview was scheduled at which i met with a few managers who i learned later each had a need for the position. Each asked some questions regarding their particular area of business.Afterward, took a short multi-choice "can you tie your shoes" test.

Interview Question – How do you feel about the evolution of healthcare in this country.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a phone call with an offer and explaining benefits. I declined the first offer citing salary needs. The next day i received a call with a more competitive offer which i accepted.

Clinical Health Specialist Interview

Clinical Health Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. I ahd a face to face interview with a recruiter then with a hiring manager. I was told that they are checking my background and references.

Interview Question – Just situational questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama.

Interview Details – After taking call center assesment test, those that past are interviewed for position. Interview is a bit intimidating, but too bad. Interview is with HR recruiter and not management from the actual customer servcie department.

Interview Question – Situation questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Analyst Interview

Customer Service Analyst
Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama in May 2009.

Interview Details – I completed online application..Then I had a phone interview. I received a call to take a test. After the test, I received a call to complete a face to face interview, few days later they called to give me a tentative job offer pending drug test & background. I received a package in the mail containing salary, possible hire date, and the info for the drug test (location & time)

Interview Question – there wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions...just "tell me a time when" etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was not negotiation

Mainframe Programmer Interview

Mainframe Programmer
Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama in March 2008.

Interview Details – i had a phone interview. Initially i was asked questions about my previous work experience and my skillsets. She asked me to define my work experience in each of my skillsets.
Then she asked me to describe a situation where my analytical skills were tested the most.
other than that i was asked technical questions . I was also asked what i liked about my previous job and what i did not like

Interview Question – What did u like in your previous job and what u didnt like?   View Answer

Dedicated Group Coordinator Interview

Dedicated Group Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume and received a call for an interview the following week. I went into the HR department and was given some paperwork to fill out. When I was called back, there were 2 women, and they both asked me questions and wrote my answers down.

Interview Question – They asked questions like, how did you handle a stressful situation, what can you bring to our team etc..   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama in April 2011.

Interview Details – First, you fill out an application online. Then, you take a one hour test. If you pass, you are called for a phone interview. Next, you are scheduled for an initial interview. If you do well, you are scheduled a second interview. After all of that, your background is checked and you have a drug test.

I noticed that some of the employees who passed me in the lobby while I waited seemed unhappy. That should have tipped me off.

Interview Question – How do you deal with frustrated customers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You cannot negotiate.

Senior IT Business Partner Interview

Senior IT Business Partner

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama in January 2010.

Interview Details – Company is very restrictive. Did not communicate directly with the recruiter until the actual interview which was scheduled by an assistant. When I requested email address to send thank you was given assistant's email address that would be forwarded to the recruiter. Very impersonal.

Interview Question – Asked why I didn't have my PMP yet?   View Answer

Worked for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama? Contribute to the Community!