Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama

Updated Apr 16, 2015
Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Huntsville, AL) in August 2014.

Interview

First interview was a webcam interview and then I had face to face interview with two of the supervisors. Next was the background check then the drug screen. The process took about a month to complete.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is non negotiable

Inquiry Process Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Hoover, AL) in July 2014.

Interview

From Application to interview it took about a month. Received a email to take the assessment. Passed assessment, and was scheduled for a interview. Interview went pretty well. Employer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was name a situation where you had to make a difficult analysis.   1 Answer

Inquiry Process Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Birmingham, AL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online, called to come in and take their test. Passed their test and called to come in for an interview. Pretty much downhill from their. They saw that I was not female and it doesn't matter after that. I was not selected, however, my former coworker that were in the same position with less experience and coworkers that I was over in our previous company where hired.... All females. After speaking with coworkers that were selected they agree that BCBSAL HR discriminates against sex and race.

Interview Questions

• No question was difficult. HR rep was very snooty and unprofessional   Answer Question

Clinical Health Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. I ahd a face to face interview with a recruiter then with a hiring manager. I was told that they are checking my background and references.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama.

Interview

After taking call center assesment test, those that past are interviewed for position. Interview is a bit intimidating, but too bad. Interview is with HR recruiter and not management from the actual customer servcie department.

Claims Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Birmingham, AL) in January 2011.

Interview

Long detailed process. Took about 3-4 weeks to complete. Questions were very specific towards applied skills and abilities. During the interview there were several distractions that which tended to delay completion of the session. The interview panel were friendly and cordial. The environment was relaxed and casual which made the session more comfortable for me as the interviewee.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Birmingham, AL) in October 2009.

Interview

Received call and had a short conversation with the HR recruiter basicly verifying information provided on my resume. Following the call, an in house interview was scheduled at which i met with a few managers who i learned later each had a need for the position. Each asked some questions regarding their particular area of business.Afterward, took a short multi-choice "can you tie your shoes" test.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the evolution of healthcare in this country.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a phone call with an offer and explaining benefits. I declined the first offer citing salary needs. The next day i received a call with a more competitive offer which i accepted.

Customer Service Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Huntsville, AL) in May 2009.

Interview

I completed online application..Then I had a phone interview. I received a call to take a test. After the test, I received a call to complete a face to face interview, few days later they called to give me a tentative job offer pending drug test & background. I received a package in the mail containing salary, possible hire date, and the info for the drug test (location & time)

Interview Questions

• there wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions...just "tell me a time when" etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was not negotiation

Mainframe Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Birmingham, AL) in March 2008.

Interview

i had a phone interview. Initially i was asked questions about my previous work experience and my skillsets. She asked me to define my work experience in each of my skillsets.
    Then she asked me to describe a situation where my analytical skills were tested the most.
    other than that i was asked technical questions . I was also asked what i liked about my previous job and what i did not like

Interview Questions

• What did u like in your previous job and what u didnt like?   1 Answer

Dedicated Group Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama.

Interview

I submitted a resume and received a call for an interview the following week. I went into the HR department and was given some paperwork to fill out. When I was called back, there were 2 women, and they both asked me questions and wrote my answers down.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions like, how did you handle a stressful situation, what can you bring to our team etc..   Answer Question