Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana

Updated Nov 4, 2014
Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.5

Senior Portals Developer Interview

Had just one interview...it was easy not very technical or difficult, just some previous work related questions followed by paper work after the interview...took a long time to process...not very good hiring process. The HR was slow and took long time to respond.

Interview Questions
    Just asked for a higher pay and got half of what I asked

Advisory Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana.

Initial setup was though the website to submit a copy of a resume for a position. Fortunately you don''t have to retype everything if you import a resume but you will need to put in (duplicate work) a few basic things. After that, had an onsite interview and then received an offer letter. Overall the process was much quicker than I expected.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected about the in person, sometimes information entered though the website to start the process gets lost in-process though and can cause for a bumpy start.   Answer Question

Special Claims Processor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana.

The interview process was supervisors asking Behavioral Questions. You get the initial phone call from HR asking to set up and interview with you. They set the time you show up and the interviewer ask the common interview question.

No negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana in May 2014.

Initial interview is over the phone, then initial face-to-face was a behavioral interview. The facilities are nice and everyone was very professional. The HR staff did a good job of setting everything up and also gave me a small tour when I arrived and completed my paperwork, making sure to point out some of the benefits that other companies can't match.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle difficult people? Or how would you talk them into seeing things your way?   Answer Question

Manager, Business Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana.

The interview process was lengthy and took place over several months. I went on three interviews before getting an offer. Two interviews were with the hiring manager and the third was with a panel of directors and the VP of the department. The questions were mainly geared toward my skills and qualifications and most of them were regarding my project experience and my experience with software applications and software development lifecycle.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to talk about a time when I did not meet a project timeline and to explain why.   Answer Question
    I was offered a salary that I felt was suitable and was even a little more than I expected. I did not negotiate. I accepted the salary.

Business Engineering Advisory Quality Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana in March 2014.

Once an application was submitted online, I received a telephone call from the assistant of the hiring manager for an interview. I noticed that the interview invitation included 3 other people. The hiring manager was pleasant and seemed to know exactly what she was looking for for that particular position. The panel included other managers in the department and they explained that there were a few positions to fill and the department was doing a little restructuring. The hiring manager explained the interview process - all behavioral questions. They wanted specific details and asked for more detail when I didn't provide enough.

Senior Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana in October 2013.

Onsite interview with IT director. It's more like behavior interview. We talked about my background and project experience. Then a technical interview with 4 engineers. Most question were about my resume. They asked some detailed technical questions about my previous project.

Tax Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana in September 2013.

BCBSLA takes a long time in the initial stages for hiring. There are mandatory minimums they must meet, and if they don't it is possible you may never hear back regarding the position. The interview process will vary by department. It is was very relaxed, and everyone I interviewed with was friendly. Depending on the position, you may interview with multiple people, multiple times.

Interview Questions
    • The interview style I encountered was very informal, and more like a "getting to know you" type of meeting. There were a couple of mandatory "How do you handle conflict" type of questions, but in a very laid back manner.   Answer Question
    Effortless

Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana.

Blue Cross uses behavioral interviews. Some managers take the interview process to the extreme, with muliple interviews (same day) with co-workers, other management, etc. The process can be slow and painful, even for the internal applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Questions used in the interview are picked by the person doing the interview. This can be very subjective.   Answer Question
    No negotiation on salary, start date was flexible.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana.

Recruiter setup initial interview. Interview was in front of three managers and was behavioral in nature. About a week later I received a second over the phone interview with one of the managers and a developer. They asked me a few more basic questions about the types of projects I've worked on, etc. After a few days I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • None were really difficult. They were pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question