Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi.

Interview

Applied, got a call about 2 weeks later for an initial screening for interview during their campus visit. Had an interview at School, followed by an onsite visit. First interview was with HR representative and 2 developers. Site visit involved interviewing with HR Manager followed by Software Director. Pretty straight forward questions.

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi (Flowood, MS) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online through the Blue Cross Blue Shield website and was contacted a few days later wanting a phone interview. A few days later I conducted a phone interview basically asking about my resume. After that I was sent an aptitude test and a writing assignment ( They wanted to know if I could think logically and write appropriately). One week later I had an onsite interview with 2 software developers asking questions about my experiences with different programming languages.

Actuary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi (Jackson, MS) in April 2012.

Interview

The company had me answer basic questions and take online personality and intelligence tests.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi (Jackson, MS) in February 2011.

Interview

They gave me the job and then did a background check and had me take a hair drug test. They also contacted my previous employers before hiring me. They are very strict and are serious about their policies and procedures. For instance, you are only allowed one personal item on your desk.

Care Management Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter at BCBS of MS for this position who saw my resume online. I was not in the job market but was open to looking into a new position. I took several online tests. I went on-site for some & did some at home. I went in for interviews twice with at least 3 different people. I was impressed with the facilty & that was about it. The cafe & gym were nice. The demeanor of the employees walking around was very depressing. The recruiter was in constant contact with me in the beginning & very upbeat about the process. It was very stressful for me to take the tests, do the interviews (telephone & in person), shop for "corporate" wear for the interviews- as instructed by the recruiter-all while continuing my full-time job. After one month had passed, the updates & communication went downhill. It got to the point where I just wanted an answer & I had already decided not to work for this company no matter what was offered. Almost two months later following the initial contact, I finally get an answer that they are pursuing other candidates. I am highly disappointed with the lack of communication & professionalism-I have never experienced anything like this! I had family/friends telling me to run the other way from this company & I realize now they knew what they were talking about. One of the telephone interviews had to be rescheduled more than once-I was told by the recruiter "this never happens"- well the same thing happened to me with the same company less than two years ago! This has been a learning experience for me-it has made me realize how blessed I am to be where I am in my career & work with some fabulous people! I don't think this would be a good place to work if you are a "people" person, like good communication, & want to be treated like a professional. I have interviewed for jobs in the past & have never had to wait two months to get a response-my time is just as important as theirs!! I will never waste another minute with this company!

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from training here at BCBS?   1 Answer