Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Interview Questions in Chapel Hill, NC

2.5

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in December 2010.

Culture: Highly political
    People: Friendly
    Office: Nice

They use the STAR format, Situation, Approach, Result. Interviewed with four people for one hour each. Advice - practice stating a situation in 1 min, the approach you took to solve the problem or issue in 2 min (step by step) and the positive result in 1 min.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict between team members   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your team?   View Answer

Communications Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in November 2009.

BCBSNC does "target selection" interviews, which consist of a bunch of situational questions. Some folks stick to it, and others do not. I found the canned questions to be incredibly silly, but I appreciated the subsequent questions and conversation I had with my manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question
    Yes. I negotiated. They came to me with an incredibly low offer. I turned it down, and they came back to ask me how much I needed. Ultimately, I got what I asked for.