Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina

www.bcbsnc.com
  www.bcbsnc.com

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Customer Service Professional Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in October 2014.

Long process. Online submission, phone interview and then personal interview. Having not interviewed in many years I was nervous. I knew that they used the STAR process and was prepared for that but my first interviewer would ask a question and while I was responding she was looking all around the room and seemed very distracted. Second interviewer was attentive and made me very comfortable.

Interview Questions
  • Typical behavioral questions. The oddest was the first..... Why Blue Cross?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in October 2014.

I applied in August and finally interviewed in October. I felt that I am experienced and a well rounded person. I felt I answered all the questions appropriately and then I received an email stating that I was no longer being considered for a position. My question to BCBS is,so are you wanting to hire people without any experience and maybe people with no leadership qualities because it is obvious that you do not want people with a good work record and plenty of experience. What a waste of time. So glad I do have a job but I feel sorry for those who don't and waited this long to be told no.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all behavioral.How did you handle this or that......   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.

I applied online for the new customer call center that will be opening in Fayetteville, NC. After that I was emailed a assessment test to complete. After that I received an email inviting me to interview at the FTCC gym. The interview started with to gentlemen giving us some overview of the company and how long the been work for BCBS, then we watched a video on the duties of a Customer Service Profession, after the video we had a short Q&A before we started our individual interview. The first interview was just basic question about how I handle stress in the work place and stuff like that then after that that I went on to interview with another person that asked similar question. I think the question where pretty easy and I enjoyed my interview. Shortly after that I receive another email, inviting me to a Open House at FTCC. The Open house was awesome we where introduced to the management, supervisors, trainers, and other customer service professional. They gave us some more info on BCBS, explain some benefits, and dress codes and the BCBS culture and mission statement. After that we was divided into small groups and had mini Q&A session with some customer service profession from the other call centers in Durham and Winston-Salem. After that the Open house was over, I thought I was going to know if I was hired or not but no they told us they would get in contact with us shortly if we are hired.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have any difficulties answering any of the question, they where straight forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in July 2014.

I applied for the new Fayetteville location online and at the job fair held here in June. I was called back for an interview with 2 different people in July. The interviews were held in a gymnasium at FTCC, and I was told that over 1200 people applied, but only 44 were being selected. Not great odds. But I was confident, because I have 7 years of healthcare experience AND I have worked in a call center before. But apparently none of that matters here, only how you can answer 4 very confusing "behavioral" questions that quite frankly don't really apply to the job. They never asked any personal questions about me or my previous work. I am very surprised and disappointed at their hiring process. If you can make up 4 good stories, you have a shot.

Interview Questions
    • What departmental processes changes did you find difficult to adhere to?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in July 2014.

I applied so long ago that I completely forgot I applied when the recruiter called me earlier this week. She asked if I could come in to interview the next day (7/2/14) & luckily I was available to. When I got there, there were like 20 other people there giving me the evil eye when I walked in the door. The heat was on but I am confident in myself and know what I have to offer. Like the other reviews said, we were all taken into a room to watch a few videos, we were able to ask the 2 CSP's who were guiding us a few questions, and then we were taken back to the lobby to wait for our first interviewer. We had a total of 2 people interviewing us and asking behavioral questions. Each asked me 4-5 questions and then I was swapped over to the next person. When my final interview was over, she told me that I should be hearing back soon. I am still waiting and was only interviewed yesterday. **UPDATE: It is now 7/6/14 & I was interviewed on 7/2/14. I received an email today that indicated that they chose someone else. I am completely shocked because I have the experience AND more than enough education. Maybe it was because of that DRY 2nd interviewer (Star) who couldn't even read the interview questions to me clearly...I really don't know. But this is the second time this has happened, so I won't ever waste my time applying here again. I'm so grateful I have 4 other job offers on the table.**

Interview Questions
    • It's difficult to answer this question because on each page of the interview paper they write on, there are 4 questions that the interviewer can ask you. He/She just chooses the one THEY want to ask per page. You just have to be sure that you can give great, specific examples. And you also have to PRAY that you have someone interviewing you that is actually listening & not distracted/preoccupied like my 2nd interviewer was. Otherwise, WHO KNOWS what answers they are writing down. You may not got the job just like me when you know you have more than enough health insurance call center experience or education.   Answer Question

Customer Service Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in June 2014.

The hiring process took about three months. I applied in march i didnt hear nothing till about april. I was notified about the drug test and background. I passed that part and was notified about a interview. There were about four people interviewing at the same time. The person interviewing made me feel really comfortable. It lasted 30 min and i was contacted the same day.

Yes i was able to nego

Customer Service Professional Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.

BCBSNC uses a method called targeted selection. It takes past actions to determine future outcomes. it is very thorough,. You have use a Star format. You will have at least 3 interviews. they love smart people who is looking to enter the company from the ground up.

pretty standard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in May 2014.

I applied for the position online at the end of March. After the application I was promoted to take an assessment. The beginning of May I was contacted by a recruiter and asked a few questions like "Why do you want to work at BCBS?". The following Monday I went in for a face to face interview. It was much like speed dating I interviewed with two members of management. The next day I was sent a invitation to attend there open house!!

Interview Questions
    • Name a policy you did not agree with and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in February 2013.

I submitted my resume online and then received an email that had a link it in to take an online assessment. After taking the assessment, it said at the end page that I had passed and that my results would be submitted to HR. It was a few weeks later that I received a call from a lady at HR and she did a phone "pre screen", I suppose a light phone interview. She told me about the position and the pay range and the expected beginning date and asked if all of this information was acceptable. Then she asked some questions, one I remember was "why do you want to work for BCBSNC?" Then she said she would like to invite me for a face to face interview the next day. I picked a time slot and she emailed me confirmation of my interview the next day, how it would be conducted and directions. She was very nice and informative throughout all of my communications with her!

The day of the face to face was different than any other interview I had done before. Not bad, just different. I actually enjoyed it. During my time slot, there were probably 10-12 people there and it was a group interview, my best description is something like speed dating, except speed interviewing. Since there was 4 time slots (I believe, maybe 5), I am guessing they interviewed 45-55 people that day). We were taken to the cafeteria where there was a group of Managers. Each Manager interviewed two people. I sat down and interviewed with one for about 25 minutes, then I was taken to a second Manager to interview and that was it. While I was interviewed, there are all of the other candidates interviewing at tables next to you. The questions are situational and they are looking for detailed information for the steps you took.

During the interviews, I was advised that if I was selected to move to the next round that I would receive an email within a few days inviting me back to the Open House that they were having the following week. I completed my interviews with my two interviewees and was escorted out. Everyone that I came in contact with that day - very friendly.

The following week, I did receive an email inviting me back for an open house that was to be held in the evening hours that week. I emailed back accepting the invitation and waited for the day to come. I arrived at Open House and there were about 15-17 candidates. We were invited back to the cafeteria area where there were snacks and a group of Managers. They played a video for us and then had Team Leads, Managers in there for us to speak with individually at tables. This gave them a chance to ask more about us and gave us a chance to get information from them about the job and BCBSNC. After this, they broke us into two groups to go on a tour of the call center. After we came back from the tour, we were given packets which contained our offer letters. It was a nice experience - like we were graduating. They called our name and we went to the front to receive our packet and went through the line shaking all of the Managers hands. We were told to take the packets home and look over them and get back to HR to let them know whether we accept or decline the offer. Again, all contact, everyone I saw there that night, very friendly and welcoming. I liked the things the Managers said, things like "everyone being family, being on the same team", "watching out for everyone", "promoting from within". All of the Managers and Team Leaders there that night had started out on the phones. They even acknowledge that most people don't want to be on the phones forever and they try to make a career "game plan" so to speak when you come on board to learn what your interests are to try and help you attain your advancement in your career. It has been the best process and best feel I've had for a company through the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell them of a time when you couldn't satisfy a customer and what you did. The questions they ask are looking for the situation and what you did to remedy it. So, not just stating the problem, but specific details about how you handled it.   Answer Question
    I did successfully negotiate up on the offer that I received in the offer packe on Open House night. They gave me what I requested.

Customer Service Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in October 2012.

Applied on line. In person interview with a team lead, a manager and an HR rep. Job offer came in less than a week. Drug test required with 24hours of accepting job.

Did not negotiate.