Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina

www.bcbsnc.com

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Customer Service Professional Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 9, 2014

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fayetteville, NC

I applied online and interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.

Interview Details – I applied online for the new customer call center that will be opening in Fayetteville, NC. After that I was emailed a assessment test to complete. After that I received an email inviting me to interview at the FTCC gym. The interview started with to gentlemen giving us some overview of the company and how long the been work for BCBS, then we watched a video on the duties of a Customer Service Profession, after the video we had a short Q&A before we started our individual interview. The first interview was just basic question about how I handle stress in the work place and stuff like that then after that that I went on to interview with another person that asked similar question. I think the question where pretty easy and I enjoyed my interview. Shortly after that I receive another email, inviting me to a Open House at FTCC. The Open house was awesome we where introduced to the management, supervisors, trainers, and other customer service professional. They gave us some more info on BCBS, explain some benefits, and dress codes and the BCBS culture and mission statement. After that we was divided into small groups and had mini Q&A session with some customer service profession from the other call centers in Durham and Winston-Salem. After that the Open house was over, I thought I was going to know if I was hired or not but no they told us they would get in contact with us shortly if we are hired.

Interview Question – I didn't have any difficulties answering any of the question, they where straight forward.   Answer Question

Fayetteville, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the new Fayetteville location online and at the job fair held here in June. I was called back for an interview with 2 different people in July. The interviews were held in a gymnasium at FTCC, and I was told that over 1200 people applied, but only 44 were being selected. Not great odds. But I was confident, because I have 7 years of healthcare experience AND I have worked in a call center before. But apparently none of that matters here, only how you can answer 4 very confusing "behavioral" questions that quite frankly don't really apply to the job. They never asked any personal questions about me or my previous work. I am very surprised and disappointed at their hiring process. If you can make up 4 good stories, you have a shot.

Interview Question – What departmental processes changes did you find difficult to adhere to?   Answer Question

Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied so long ago that I completely forgot I applied when the recruiter called me earlier this week. She asked if I could come in to interview the next day (7/2/14) & luckily I was available to. When I got there, there were like 20 other people there giving me the evil eye when I walked in the door. The heat was on but I am confident in myself and know what I have to offer. Like the other reviews said, we were all taken into a room to watch a few videos, we were able to ask the 2 CSP's who were guiding us a few questions, and then we were taken back to the lobby to wait for our first interviewer. We had a total of 2 people interviewing us and asking behavioral questions. Each asked me 4-5 questions and then I was swapped over to the next person. When my final interview was over, she told me that I should be hearing back soon. I am still waiting and was only interviewed yesterday. **UPDATE: It is now 7/6/14 & I was interviewed on 7/2/14. I received an email today that indicated that they chose someone else. I am completely shocked because I have the experience AND more than enough education. Maybe it was because of that DRY 2nd interviewer (Star) who couldn't even read the interview questions to me clearly...I really don't know. But this is the second time this has happened, so I won't ever waste my time applying here again. I'm so grateful I have 4 other job offers on the table.**

Interview Question – It's difficult to answer this question because on each page of the interview paper they write on, there are 4 questions that the interviewer can ask you. He/She just chooses the one THEY want to ask per page. You just have to be sure that you can give great, specific examples. And you also have to PRAY that you have someone interviewing you that is actually listening & not distracted/preoccupied like my 2nd interviewer was. Otherwise, WHO KNOWS what answers they are writing down. You may not got the job just like me when you know you have more than enough health insurance call center experience or education.   Answer Question

Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process is fairly easy. You meet with actual managers and TL, so its important to make a very good first impression. The are the leader you will be working with every day.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions can be difficult if not considered thouroughly before answering.   Answer Question

Customer Service Professional

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in June 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process took about three months. I applied in march i didnt hear nothing till about april. I was notified about the drug test and background. I passed that part and was notified about a interview. There were about four people interviewing at the same time. The person interviewing made me feel really comfortable. It lasted 30 min and i was contacted the same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Yes i was able to nego

Customer Service Professional

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on line. In person interview with a team lead, a manager and an HR rep. Job offer came in less than a week. Drug test required with 24hours of accepting job.

Interview Question – The questions were very easy.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online at the end of March. After the application I was promoted to take an assessment. The beginning of May I was contacted by a recruiter and asked a few questions like "Why do you want to work at BCBS?". The following Monday I went in for a face to face interview. It was much like speed dating I interviewed with two members of management. The next day I was sent a invitation to attend there open house!!

Interview Question – Name a policy you did not agree with and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Professional

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.

Interview Details – BCBSNC uses a method called targeted selection. It takes past actions to determine future outcomes. it is very thorough,. You have use a Star format. You will have at least 3 interviews. they love smart people who is looking to enter the company from the ground up.

Interview Question – name a time when you failed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – pretty standard

Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in February 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and then received an email that had a link it in to take an online assessment. After taking the assessment, it said at the end page that I had passed and that my results would be submitted to HR. It was a few weeks later that I received a call from a lady at HR and she did a phone "pre screen", I suppose a light phone interview. She told me about the position and the pay range and the expected beginning date and asked if all of this information was acceptable. Then she asked some questions, one I remember was "why do you want to work for BCBSNC?" Then she said she would like to invite me for a face to face interview the next day. I picked a time slot and she emailed me confirmation of my interview the next day, how it would be conducted and directions. She was very nice and informative throughout all of my communications with her!

The day of the face to face was different than any other interview I had done before. Not bad, just different. I actually enjoyed it. During my time slot, there were probably 10-12 people there and it was a group interview, my best description is something like speed dating, except speed interviewing. Since there was 4 time slots (I believe, maybe 5), I am guessing they interviewed 45-55 people that day). We were taken to the cafeteria where there was a group of Managers. Each Manager interviewed two people. I sat down and interviewed with one for about 25 minutes, then I was taken to a second Manager to interview and that was it. While I was interviewed, there are all of the other candidates interviewing at tables next to you. The questions are situational and they are looking for detailed information for the steps you took.

During the interviews, I was advised that if I was selected to move to the next round that I would receive an email within a few days inviting me back to the Open House that they were having the following week. I completed my interviews with my two interviewees and was escorted out. Everyone that I came in contact with that day - very friendly.

The following week, I did receive an email inviting me back for an open house that was to be held in the evening hours that week. I emailed back accepting the invitation and waited for the day to come. I arrived at Open House and there were about 15-17 candidates. We were invited back to the cafeteria area where there were snacks and a group of Managers. They played a video for us and then had Team Leads, Managers in there for us to speak with individually at tables. This gave them a chance to ask more about us and gave us a chance to get information from them about the job and BCBSNC. After this, they broke us into two groups to go on a tour of the call center. After we came back from the tour, we were given packets which contained our offer letters. It was a nice experience - like we were graduating. They called our name and we went to the front to receive our packet and went through the line shaking all of the Managers hands. We were told to take the packets home and look over them and get back to HR to let them know whether we accept or decline the offer. Again, all contact, everyone I saw there that night, very friendly and welcoming. I liked the things the Managers said, things like "everyone being family, being on the same team", "watching out for everyone", "promoting from within". All of the Managers and Team Leaders there that night had started out on the phones. They even acknowledge that most people don't want to be on the phones forever and they try to make a career "game plan" so to speak when you come on board to learn what your interests are to try and help you attain your advancement in your career. It has been the best process and best feel I've had for a company through the interview process.

Interview Question – Tell them of a time when you couldn't satisfy a customer and what you did. The questions they ask are looking for the situation and what you did to remedy it. So, not just stating the problem, but specific details about how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did successfully negotiate up on the offer that I received in the offer packe on Open House night. They gave me what I requested.

Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on BCBSNC.com. Once I applied, I had to take an assessment within 48 hours to be considered for the position. I immediately took the assessment, which took around an hour, and passed. Within a few days, I received a call from a Team Leader at BCBSNC - she asked me two questions. I remember one of the questions was "why do you want to work for BCBSNC"? Within a few more days, I received an e-mail inviting me to an interview that would take two hours and include an interview with a HR rep, Team Leader and a Manager. I was asked lots of detailed questions about specific instances of various scenarios in my past employment. At the end of the interview, I was told that I would receive an e-mail by the end of the upcoming week, either inviting me to Open House or saying I didn't get the job. I did receive an e-mail late the next week inviting me to Open House. Open House consisted of watching a few PowerPoint presentations, meeting more of the management and training staff, taking a tour of the facilities and a chance to ask any questions - also had refreshments. At the end of the two hour Open House, we were all offered positions as Customer Service Professionals - probably 12-15 people total. We were given offer letters to take home and consider and asked to call HR to either accept or decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time that you promised a customer something that you were unable to execute and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Give me an example of a time when a co-worker was absent and how did it effect you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, I felt my offer was fair.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina

Worked for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina? Contribute to the Community!