Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina

www.bcbsnc.com
Engaged Employer

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Customer Service Professional Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC).

Interview

I applied online and it took so long for them to get back to me that I forgot I had applied. I did a quick interview on the phone and then had someone reach out to me via email to set up an in-person interview. The in person interview took a few hours. I met with three different people and it's targeted selection, so it can be very formal. If you pass those interviews, they will email you in a day or two to come back for an open house where you will get a tour and speak with a current customer service professional. Beware, you do not have the job at this point. This is still a test. However, if you make it through the conversation (informal interview) with current customer service professional, then you will probably get an offer than night.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed and what did you do to fix it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Fayetteville, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Long process. Online submission, phone interview and then personal interview. Having not interviewed in many years I was nervous. I knew that they used the STAR process and was prepared for that but my first interviewer would ask a question and while I was responding she was looking all around the room and seemed very distracted. Second interviewer was attentive and made me very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions. The oddest was the first..... Why Blue Cross?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Fayetteville, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied in August and finally interviewed in October. I felt that I am experienced and a well rounded person. I felt I answered all the questions appropriately and then I received an email stating that I was no longer being considered for a position. My question to BCBS is,so are you wanting to hire people without any experience and maybe people with no leadership qualities because it is obvious that you do not want people with a good work record and plenty of experience. What a waste of time. So glad I do have a job but I feel sorry for those who don't and waited this long to be told no.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all behavioral.How did you handle this or that......   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Fayetteville, NC).

Interview

I applied online for the new customer call center that will be opening in Fayetteville, NC. After that I was emailed a assessment test to complete. After that I received an email inviting me to interview at the FTCC gym. The interview started with to gentlemen giving us some overview of the company and how long the been work for BCBS, then we watched a video on the duties of a Customer Service Profession, after the video we had a short Q&A before we started our individual interview. The first interview was just basic question about how I handle stress in the work place and stuff like that then after that that I went on to interview with another person that asked similar question. I think the question where pretty easy and I enjoyed my interview. Shortly after that I receive another email, inviting me to a Open House at FTCC. The Open house was awesome we where introduced to the management, supervisors, trainers, and other customer service professional. They gave us some more info on BCBS, explain some benefits, and dress codes and the BCBS culture and mission statement. After that we was divided into small groups and had mini Q&A session with some customer service profession from the other call centers in Durham and Winston-Salem. After that the Open house was over, I thought I was going to know if I was hired or not but no they told us they would get in contact with us shortly if we are hired.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have any difficulties answering any of the question, they where straight forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied so long ago that I completely forgot I applied when the recruiter called me earlier this week. She asked if I could come in to interview the next day (7/2/14) & luckily I was available to. When I got there, there were like 20 other people there giving me the evil eye when I walked in the door. The heat was on but I am confident in myself and know what I have to offer. Like the other reviews said, we were all taken into a room to watch a few videos, we were able to ask the 2 CSP's who were guiding us a few questions, and then we were taken back to the lobby to wait for our first interviewer. We had a total of 2 people interviewing us and asking behavioral questions. Each asked me 4-5 questions and then I was swapped over to the next person. When my final interview was over, she told me that I should be hearing back soon. I am still waiting and was only interviewed yesterday. **UPDATE: It is now 7/6/14 & I was interviewed on 7/2/14. I received an email today that indicated that they chose someone else. I am completely shocked because I have the experience AND more than enough education. Maybe it was because of that DRY 2nd interviewer (Star) who couldn't even read the interview questions to me clearly...I really don't know. But this is the second time this has happened, so I won't ever waste my time applying here again. I'm so grateful I have 4 other job offers on the table.**

Interview Questions

• It's difficult to answer this question because on each page of the interview paper they write on, there are 4 questions that the interviewer can ask you. He/She just chooses the one THEY want to ask per page. You just have to be sure that you can give great, specific examples. And you also have to PRAY that you have someone interviewing you that is actually listening & not distracted/preoccupied like my 2nd interviewer was. Otherwise, WHO KNOWS what answers they are writing down. You may not got the job just like me when you know you have more than enough health insurance call center experience or education.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Fayetteville, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for the new Fayetteville location online and at the job fair held here in June. I was called back for an interview with 2 different people in July. The interviews were held in a gymnasium at FTCC, and I was told that over 1200 people applied, but only 44 were being selected. Not great odds. But I was confident, because I have 7 years of healthcare experience AND I have worked in a call center before. But apparently none of that matters here, only how you can answer 4 very confusing "behavioral" questions that quite frankly don't really apply to the job. They never asked any personal questions about me or my previous work. I am very surprised and disappointed at their hiring process. If you can make up 4 good stories, you have a shot.

Interview Questions

• What departmental processes changes did you find difficult to adhere to?   Answer Question

Customer Service Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in June 2014.

Interview

The hiring process took about three months. I applied in march i didnt hear nothing till about april. I was notified about the drug test and background. I passed that part and was notified about a interview. There were about four people interviewing at the same time. The person interviewing made me feel really comfortable. It lasted 30 min and i was contacted the same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes i was able to nego

Customer Service Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.

Interview

BCBSNC uses a method called targeted selection. It takes past actions to determine future outcomes. it is very thorough,. You have use a Star format. You will have at least 3 interviews. they love smart people who is looking to enter the company from the ground up.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

pretty standard

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Winston-Salem, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online at the end of March. After the application I was promoted to take an assessment. The beginning of May I was contacted by a recruiter and asked a few questions like "Why do you want to work at BCBS?". The following Monday I went in for a face to face interview. It was much like speed dating I interviewed with two members of management. The next day I was sent a invitation to attend there open house!!

Interview Questions

• Name a policy you did not agree with and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview... Face to face interview with multiple levels of management....process was very lengthy but management was exceptionally friendly and made the process as smooth as possible. Received job offer at the open house.