Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina

Average Difficulty
47 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied so long ago that I completely forgot I applied when the recruiter called me earlier this week. She asked if I could come in to interview the next day (7/2/14) & luckily I was available to. When I got there, there were like 20 other people there giving me the evil eye when I walked in the door. The heat was on but I am confident in myself and know what I have to offer. Like the other reviews said, we were all taken into a room to watch a few videos, we were able to ask the 2 CSP's who were guiding us a few questions, and then we were taken back to the lobby to wait for our first interviewer. We had a total of 2 people interviewing us and asking behavioral questions. Each asked me 4-5 questions and then I was swapped over to the next person. When my final interview was over, she told me that I should be hearing back soon. I am still waiting and was only interviewed yesterday. **UPDATE: It is now 7/6/14 & I was interviewed on 7/2/14. I received an email today that indicated that they chose someone else. I am completely shocked because I have the experience AND more than enough education. Maybe it was because of that DRY 2nd interviewer (Star) who couldn't even read the interview questions to me clearly...I really don't know. But this is the second time this has happened, so I won't ever waste my time applying here again. I'm so grateful I have 4 other job offers on the table.**

Interview Question – It's difficult to answer this question because on each page of the interview paper they write on, there are 4 questions that the interviewer can ask you. He/She just chooses the one THEY want to ask per page. You just have to be sure that you can give great, specific examples. And you also have to PRAY that you have someone interviewing you that is actually listening & not distracted/preoccupied like my 2nd interviewer was. Otherwise, WHO KNOWS what answers they are writing down. You may not got the job just like me when you know you have more than enough health insurance call center experience or education.   Answer Question

Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process is fairly easy. You meet with actual managers and TL, so its important to make a very good first impression. The are the leader you will be working with every day.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions can be difficult if not considered thouroughly before answering.   Answer Question

Customer Service Professional

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in June 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process took about three months. I applied in march i didnt hear nothing till about april. I was notified about the drug test and background. I passed that part and was notified about a interview. There were about four people interviewing at the same time. The person interviewing made me feel really comfortable. It lasted 30 min and i was contacted the same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Yes i was able to nego

Customer Service Professional

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on line. In person interview with a team lead, a manager and an HR rep. Job offer came in less than a week. Drug test required with 24hours of accepting job.

Interview Question – The questions were very easy.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Operations Specialist Interview

Operations Specialist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by HR to set up two interviews. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes each. The interviewers were very nice and made you feel comfortable. I was told a decision will be made within the next week.

Interview Question – Name a time you were faced with a complex task and what steps did you take to complete it.   Answer Question

Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online at the end of March. After the application I was promoted to take an assessment. The beginning of May I was contacted by a recruiter and asked a few questions like "Why do you want to work at BCBS?". The following Monday I went in for a face to face interview. It was much like speed dating I interviewed with two members of management. The next day I was sent a invitation to attend there open house!!

Interview Question – Name a policy you did not agree with and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Professional

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.

Interview Details – BCBSNC uses a method called targeted selection. It takes past actions to determine future outcomes. it is very thorough,. You have use a Star format. You will have at least 3 interviews. they love smart people who is looking to enter the company from the ground up.

Interview Question – name a time when you failed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – pretty standard

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.

Interview Details – Face-to-face interviews with multiple associates. The interviews took most of the day.

Interview Question – The questions were the normal situational questions - "Tell me about a time"   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The position was not the right fit at the time.

Reimbursement Strategist Interview

Reimbursement Strategist

I applied online and interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.

Interview Details – The recruiting department pre-screens by sending out an extremely detailed questionnaire. The questionnaire is more thorough than any interview I've ever had and took me over an hour to complete. It asks questions delving into specifics related to experience and history and asks for examples of many experiences relative to the job you are seeking.

Interview Question – I don't remember.   Answer Question

Informatics Analyst Interview

Informatics Analyst
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in November 2013.

Interview Details – Targeted/Selected

Interview Question – Give me an example of the worst experience you had with a customer.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina

Worked for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina interview questions and advice. All 47 interview reviews posted anonymously by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina employees and interview candidates.