Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina

Updated Sep 19, 2014
Updated Sep 19, 2014

3.1

Provider Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.

I entered as a temp through Manpower and earned my spot. Manpower had two interviews. The permanent job came with three interviews. Work hard at all times. Managers on different teams are watching you and may recruit you.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Just be honest and show you'll be dedicated to the company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I went from campus recruiting, and went to the career center for the in-person interview, stayed there for 20-30 minutes with a recruiting expert the company has hired. No specific hard questions, also no detailed introduction of the internship program from her, either.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question, mostly generic questions   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.

I applied online for the new customer call center that will be opening in Fayetteville, NC. After that I was emailed a assessment test to complete. After that I received an email inviting me to interview at the FTCC gym. The interview started with to gentlemen giving us some overview of the company and how long the been work for BCBS, then we watched a video on the duties of a Customer Service Profession, after the video we had a short Q&A before we started our individual interview. The first interview was just basic question about how I handle stress in the work place and stuff like that then after that that I went on to interview with another person that asked similar question. I think the question where pretty easy and I enjoyed my interview. Shortly after that I receive another email, inviting me to a Open House at FTCC. The Open house was awesome we where introduced to the management, supervisors, trainers, and other customer service professional. They gave us some more info on BCBS, explain some benefits, and dress codes and the BCBS culture and mission statement. After that we was divided into small groups and had mini Q&A session with some customer service profession from the other call centers in Durham and Winston-Salem. After that the Open house was over, I thought I was going to know if I was hired or not but no they told us they would get in contact with us shortly if we are hired.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have any difficulties answering any of the question, they where straight forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in July 2014.

I applied so long ago that I completely forgot I applied when the recruiter called me earlier this week. She asked if I could come in to interview the next day (7/2/14) & luckily I was available to. When I got there, there were like 20 other people there giving me the evil eye when I walked in the door. The heat was on but I am confident in myself and know what I have to offer. Like the other reviews said, we were all taken into a room to watch a few videos, we were able to ask the 2 CSP's who were guiding us a few questions, and then we were taken back to the lobby to wait for our first interviewer. We had a total of 2 people interviewing us and asking behavioral questions. Each asked me 4-5 questions and then I was swapped over to the next person. When my final interview was over, she told me that I should be hearing back soon. I am still waiting and was only interviewed yesterday. **UPDATE: It is now 7/6/14 & I was interviewed on 7/2/14. I received an email today that indicated that they chose someone else. I am completely shocked because I have the experience AND more than enough education. Maybe it was because of that DRY 2nd interviewer (Star) who couldn't even read the interview questions to me clearly...I really don't know. But this is the second time this has happened, so I won't ever waste my time applying here again. I'm so grateful I have 4 other job offers on the table.**

Interview Questions
    • It's difficult to answer this question because on each page of the interview paper they write on, there are 4 questions that the interviewer can ask you. He/She just chooses the one THEY want to ask per page. You just have to be sure that you can give great, specific examples. And you also have to PRAY that you have someone interviewing you that is actually listening & not distracted/preoccupied like my 2nd interviewer was. Otherwise, WHO KNOWS what answers they are writing down. You may not got the job just like me when you know you have more than enough health insurance call center experience or education.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in July 2014.

I applied for the new Fayetteville location online and at the job fair held here in June. I was called back for an interview with 2 different people in July. The interviews were held in a gymnasium at FTCC, and I was told that over 1200 people applied, but only 44 were being selected. Not great odds. But I was confident, because I have 7 years of healthcare experience AND I have worked in a call center before. But apparently none of that matters here, only how you can answer 4 very confusing "behavioral" questions that quite frankly don't really apply to the job. They never asked any personal questions about me or my previous work. I am very surprised and disappointed at their hiring process. If you can make up 4 good stories, you have a shot.

Interview Questions
    • What departmental processes changes did you find difficult to adhere to?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Applied online on a regular basis. Was emailed a personality test after several application submissions, Was sent a second email with a different personality test. Was called for an interview 8 days after I returned the second personality test. An email followed outlining the campus, the time and person that I would be interviewing with, benefits explanation, time frame of when I should expect to hear whether I'd been hired or not, 20 days after the interview, and when the job would start (nearly a month and a half later). Interviewed with two very nice women who had a list if interview questions obviously not formulated by them. The interview was personable, fun, took a while but didn't feel like any time passed at all. They both walked me back into the lobby and I told them what a pleasure it was to meet them both. I couldn't have asked for better instruction or a better experience. Has not yet been allotted time to determine an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went outside the scope of your job to accomplish something.   View Answer

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in July 2014.

A recruiter from a staffing agency called me about the position and submitted my resume. I received a call for a phone interview. The woman was all business and went straight to the interview questions. I don't have a financial background and I got the impression she wanted someone who does. I knew that I was a long shot for the position especially when I asked for her contact info in case I wanted to ask any more questions when she referred me to talk to my staffing agency instead.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of processes and tools you built in your past roles?   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.

I was first contacted by HR to set up two interviews. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes each. The interviewers were very nice and made you feel comfortable. I was told a decision will be made within the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were faced with a complex task and what steps did you take to complete it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in June 2014.

The hiring process took about three months. I applied in march i didnt hear nothing till about april. I was notified about the drug test and background. I passed that part and was notified about a interview. There were about four people interviewing at the same time. The person interviewing made me feel really comfortable. It lasted 30 min and i was contacted the same day.

Yes i was able to nego

Customer Service Professional Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.

BCBSNC uses a method called targeted selection. It takes past actions to determine future outcomes. it is very thorough,. You have use a Star format. You will have at least 3 interviews. they love smart people who is looking to enter the company from the ground up.

pretty standard