Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Various Titles Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island.

Interview Details – No longer done by the HR. Most employees are hired through a temp agency or contracting firm.

Interview Question – Why has this company lost it's vision and respect for its employees?   View Answer

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Providence, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island in May 2012.

Interview Details – They called me for an interview, asked the typical behavioral questions and asked to bring a project or essay .

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to lead a team.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Providence, RI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island in December 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter from BCBSRI initially, took an on-line assessment, and was selected to interview in person around the October 2010 time frame. I drove four hours from Burlington, Vt. to Providence R.I. , notwithstanding an overnight stay to interview a series of four individuals, including my potential Manager. The lack of preparation was evidenced by the questions posed, and in reading between the lines, it was apparent leadership skills were sorely lacking. The other vexing thought was why are they hiring for a replacement that was not scheduled to retire until June of 2011?
I agreed to a 2nd round of interviews in early December which once again necessitated a four hour drive each way, along with an overnight stay, and I was informed they planned to make a decision by year end. When I heard nothing by mid January of 2011, I reached out to my potential Manager, and she informed me no decision has been reached, but asked if I was still interested. Another month goes by, and I heard through a third party source, they opted to hire another candidate.

I obviously never have an issue with an Employer opting for another candidate, and I don’t even anticipate a response back upon the initial forwarding of a resume. However, when you interview on two separate occasions in person, and the Employer is cognizant it comprised a long drive and an overnight stay that was not compensated, at minimum, I wood have anticipated an e-mail indicated they chose another person.

IT Interview

Providence, RI

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island in May 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume I received an email telling me to take a Wonderlic test in 2 days to be still considered for the position. Test included problem solving, math and vocabulary questions which is timed. The test also included behavioral questions which wasn't timed. After taking the test I didn't hear back for about 3 weeks and a phone interview was set up. Phone interview consisted of questions like "Name a time you had to change something on a project?" and "Name a time that you ran into a problem on a project and how did you solve it". About a week later a 2 hour and 15 minute interview was set up. It included 3 parts: Interview with teammates that you would directly work with, managers and teammates you don't directly work with.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Requirement Analyst Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island.

Interview Details – Telephonic interview with a whole group from HR, BA manager and Senior BA
Asked about BA process, general business analysis skills and different methodologies.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   View Answer

Support Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island in December 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted application online. Received email almost 2 weeks later asking me to complete some online testing. It was another few weeks before I heard from a recruiter who conducted a phone interview. Questions consisted of things like tell me about a time your boss gave you a critique, tell me about a time....etc. Typical interview questions. At conclusion of interview, she said that she would submit the information to the hiring manager and if they were interested they would contact me.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when your boss gave you a critique.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island employees and interview candidates.