Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island

Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island

Various Titles Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island.

No longer done by the HR. Most employees are hired through a temp agency or contracting firm.

Interview Questions
    • Why has this company lost it's vision and respect for its employees?   View Answer

Account Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island in June 2012.

1. Received a call from an internal recruiter for a screen.
    2. Had first face-to-face interview with hiring manager and two potential teammates
    3. Received call back three weeks later for a final interview with the NEW hiring manager
    4. Offered position

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too challenging, other than making sure you can multi-task and prioritize.   Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiation, as the position had a budget limit.

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island in May 2012.

They called me for an interview, asked the typical behavioral questions and asked to bring a project or essay .

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island in May 2011.

After submitting my resume I received an email telling me to take a Wonderlic test in 2 days to be still considered for the position. Test included problem solving, math and vocabulary questions which is timed. The test also included behavioral questions which wasn't timed. After taking the test I didn't hear back for about 3 weeks and a phone interview was set up. Phone interview consisted of questions like "Name a time you had to change something on a project?" and "Name a time that you ran into a problem on a project and how did you solve it". About a week later a 2 hour and 15 minute interview was set up. It included 3 parts: Interview with teammates that you would directly work with, managers and teammates you don't directly work with.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island in December 2010.

Contacted by a recruiter from BCBSRI initially, took an on-line assessment, and was selected to interview in person around the October 2010 time frame. I drove four hours from Burlington, Vt. to Providence R.I. , notwithstanding an overnight stay to interview a series of four individuals, including my potential Manager. The lack of preparation was evidenced by the questions posed, and in reading between the lines, it was apparent leadership skills were sorely lacking. The other vexing thought was why are they hiring for a replacement that was not scheduled to retire until June of 2011?
    I agreed to a 2nd round of interviews in early December which once again necessitated a four hour drive each way, along with an overnight stay, and I was informed they planned to make a decision by year end. When I heard nothing by mid January of 2011, I reached out to my potential Manager, and she informed me no decision has been reached, but asked if I was still interested. Another month goes by, and I heard through a third party source, they opted to hire another candidate.

I obviously never have an issue with an Employer opting for another candidate, and I don’t even anticipate a response back upon the initial forwarding of a resume. However, when you interview on two separate occasions in person, and the Employer is cognizant it comprised a long drive and an overnight stay that was not compensated, at minimum, I wood have anticipated an e-mail indicated they chose another person.

Requirement Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island.

Telephonic interview with a whole group from HR, BA manager and Senior BA
    Asked about BA process, general business analysis skills and different methodologies.

Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island in December 2009.

Submitted application online. Received email almost 2 weeks later asking me to complete some online testing. It was another few weeks before I heard from a recruiter who conducted a phone interview. Questions consisted of things like tell me about a time your boss gave you a critique, tell me about a time....etc. Typical interview questions. At conclusion of interview, she said that she would submit the information to the hiring manager and if they were interested they would contact me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your boss gave you a critique.   Answer Question